Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drifting

Default Drifting

Has anyone got this down with thier Evo yet? I've watched the Best Motoring International - Drift Bible but it doesn't really go over all wheel drive in there unless I completely missed it He uses a Nissan S13 and S14, a Toyota MR2 and Trueno (a.k.a. the Hachi-Roku from Initial D) and different techniques, lots of ebrake stuff, but I don't wanna do that unless thats the only way to get it sideways (his big tip is using the ebrake if you can't get it to slide any of the other ways.) Any tips? Anyone even try? Just kinda currious. I've always wanted to learn how to do this, thought I would ask around.

Default Drifting

umm i think awd is the worst car to drift not unless you got your car set up right or gobs of power.i do a lot of canyon drivings and the most i slid was just a little powerslide from going down too hot.the other guys i drive(hachi and fc) goes sideways but they have to change tires before we even go for a drive.

Default Drifting

Step 1) Pick up some junk tires... cheap!

Default Drifting

Yeah, I figured it would be the hardest in AWD, just was wondering if anyone knew of a nice way to do it anyways. Never hurts to ask

Default Drifting

lol ok jamie,well my tires are junk now so i could slide a bit

hey slvr just dont use the ebrake to initiate a drift,baaaaaad idea.just find a nice empty area or lot then just toss the car around so you can get the feel of sliding.so just in case youre in the road you know what to do and not panic.

vtluu Guest

Default Drifting

I hear it's even harder with FF cars. Just ask Stew! :lol:

I'm not a big fan of drifting (I mean come on, a motorsport with judging--kinda like figure skating?) but I do see it as a useful exercise in car control. I've gotten the car slideways plenty o' times at autocross--usually inadvertently--and I really would like to get better at precisely controlling oversteer: getting in and out of it at will and using it to my advantage. There are some turns in where oversteer is just what you'd like to get the car rotated faster than taking the grip line... and a (very) few occasions when what you want is a nice rally-style pendulum turn. Anybody know of any big empty parking lots that aren't patrolled (by security of police)?

Default Drifting

I can drift a high speeds but it's pretty scary.I try not too.
    Vishnu Xflash stage 1+ will blue bye you!

Default Drifting

I used to drift back in the days before all this hype even started. I had a '76 Trans Am with a 455 motor and I didn't even had to use the e-brake. Here is one trick if you have a low hp rwd car. Put a little used motor oil on the rear tires. Dangerous but it works if you know what your doing.
    My girlfriend asked me: "It's either me or the car!".............Boy I miss her cooking.

Default Drifting

Quote Originally Posted by warpspeed
    I used to drift back in the days before all this hype even started. I had a '76 Trans Am with a 455 motor and I didn't even had to use the e-brake. Here is one trick if you have a low hp rwd car. Put a little used motor oil on the rear tires. Dangerous but it works if you know what your doing.
    i like that idea and you do have to know what to do while driving.the oil will eventually burn off so the inital run would be really scary :skid:

Default Drifting

Dish soap works good for that too. FF cars can do the McDonald's trays on the rear and e-break and just slide around like its nothing... saw a vid about that a long time ago, pretty funny stuff. Nothing like a full sized truck with duelies on the rear and a BBQ in the bed doing donuts. You'll know the vid I'm talking about if you remember that part of it :lol: