Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Code for Exhausts

vtluu Guest

Default Vehicle Code for Exhausts

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSJ4
    thanks for the info , imagine showing a cop a print of this went you get pulled over (if your exhaust is with in 95db ) from 5ft away. i wonder what can they say once you read the modify exhaust code to them :? :?
    The problem is it's totally their judgement call as to whether or not your exhaust is "too" loud. If they decide it is, you'll get a fix-it ticket and it'll be up to you to either put the stock exhaust back on or (?) go to a referee station to get your aftermarket exhaust tested. Guilty until proven innocent. :roll:

After you've had it tested, then you'll have a piece of paper that should (supposedly) protect you against further tickets (for the exhaust anyway), but the twisted thing is that you can't actually get that testing and piece of paper done until you've gotten a fix-it ticket.

2. Default Vehicle Code for Exhausts

Quote Originally Posted by evo_dadi
    done
    Thx Marcel
    Nujabes - Modal Soul<br /><br />

at least even if you get the ticket written off with CHP you are still responsible to pay the 60.00 fine that they issue with the fix up ticket. Regarless if you have showned correction or not, so in some cases it doesnt even matter or worth going through all the headaches, since is always up to the cop if they will site you and have you go through the process all over again.
    In the words of Ceaser:Veni, Vidi, Vici...

431whp 390tq e85 go green!!!! WOT special...

Socalevo.net

You guys should read this. It is from the CHP bulletin.
    http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?ID=8133
    My girlfriend asked me: "It's either me or the car!".............Boy I miss her cooking.

at least even if you get the ticket written off with CHP you are still responsible to pay the 60.00 fine
    there's a fine now :shock: :shock: i used to get a lot of fix it tickets signed off before and i never had to pay for any of it or is it just with exhausts?

thats the reason why they did that. Since before all you had to pay was $10.00 to the court and problem solve (since CHP doesn't charge for fix up tickets being sign off) but now if you have the fix up ticket writting off or not , court will charge 60.00 and the double from that . Since they had the problem that tons of people were putting stock muffler on , have CHP sign it off and then pay 10.00 and go back to what ever exhaust they had. Now they keep track of it :? :? :?

Socalevo.net

thanks for the info , imagine showing a cop a print of this went you get pulled over (if your exhaust is with in 95db ) from 5ft away. i wonder what can they say once you read the modify exhaust code to them :? :?
    Reading the VC section regarding exhaust on vehicles to the officer would be stupid. Police officers know the code, they went through training and in fact, do know more than you may think. Now how they enforce the code is entirely up to them. What you don't realize is that it is quite impossible for anyone to drive down the road these days without breaking one of the laws in the vc book. If you read an exerpt from the vc book to them trying to prove them wrong, you would only piss them off as it is disrespectful to them(How would you like someone who is not in your industry and knows very little about it tell you how to do your job?) Pissing them off may lead them to write you up for even more citations, which may be completely ridiculous, but guess what...they can do it!!! If you get pulled over for any reason and argue with the officer or just try and prove them wrong, you are a fucking idiot. End of story. Now here is one piece of advice: Upon getting pulled over, be sincere, cooperative, honest(police officers like honesty) and lastly, DO NOT ARGUE with the officer. If you do not agree with the officer's decision, argue it in court.
    Banned.

funny thing that they will do what they plan to do, regarless if you play nice or not. better chances are that you will not get more into it then you would if you would be disrespectful .
    Believe me fix up tickets are not new to me, my first one was 9 years ago, since then i have only receive 1 more . The last thign i want is to call a cops attention. Went you need them , theyre no where to be found.

Socalevo.net

This reminded me of the old day.... I got 7 cition in 1 tickets back in 1997 on my 240sx =(...

Car too low, Spolier too big blocking the view, mod exhuast, intake, tinted windows on the driver/passager windows, and windshiled tint is too low.

I got so many fixing tickets before, i stopped fixing up car, and started riding instead....
    Current Cars: 05 Evol VIII, 97 M3, 89 240sx<br />Bike: 03 GSXR 750, XR50<br />History Cars: 89 Accord, 90 CRX, 92 240SX, 92 BMW 325, 97 Prelude,&nbsp; 93 Integra<br />BayAreaRider<br />5150<br />PC2PhoneInfo<br /><br />

vtluu Guest

There's a 240SX down the street from my house with a fart can on it and my house rumbles every time he speeds by (it's a residential neighbourhood with kids playing in the street all the time :roll. He sees my Evo and makes a point of blowing by in front of my house, as if that makes him cool or something. Moron. I really wish the cops would bust his ass...