Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: grinding coming from wheels while braking

Default Re: grinding coming from wheels while braking

What kinda pads are you using? More aggressive pads are more noisy. My race pads sound horrible on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSAE
    What kinda pads are you using? More aggressive pads are more noisy. My race pads sound horrible on the street.
    ferrodo ds2500, not too aggressive and i am only running them in the front, the rears have stock pads.

once again guys its not a sqeal sound or squeaking sound. it is a gross sounding GRIND then nothing then GRIND right before i come to a stop. a rough metal on metal sound.... a sound that should not be coming from my brakes no matter how aggressive of pad im running!

hks 264 cams<br />hks carbon ti CB<br />hks DP<br />vishnu cam adjustable cam gears<br />UR test pipe<br />walbro fuel pump<br />vishnu x-flash<br />defi BF oil temp/boost/egt<br />cusco rear sway<br />ferrodo ds2500 pads<br />MR vortex generator<br />evo VII tails<br />Rota torques 18x8 wrapped in falken azenis rt615<br />alpine deck with kicker comp vr 12&quot; sub

KareBearPowa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by midEVO
    it is a gross sounding GRIND then nothing then GRIND right before i come to a stop. a rough metal on metal sound.... a sound that should not be coming from my brakes no matter how aggressive of pad im running!
    You should hear my PMU MAX900's then.

The ridge is normal, that's the rotor wear. Try bedding the pads again like others have said.

Like I have said maybe 3 times in this thread. lol
    05 Evo 8 - 333 whp / 318wtq - Tanabe DP, TP, Modified 3&quot; noir cat back, GM boost solenoid, Walboro FP, RC 1000cc injectors, E-85

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyApex
    Quote Originally Posted by midEVO
    it is a gross sounding GRIND then nothing then GRIND right before i come to a stop. a rough metal on metal sound.... a sound that should not be coming from my brakes no matter how aggressive of pad im running!
    You should hear my PMU MAX900's then.

The ridge is normal, that's the rotor wear. Try bedding the pads again like others have said.
    alright, I'll give it another try, but if my brakes fail and i crash and die its on your and dohcvtec's conscience!
    hks 264 cams<br />hks carbon ti CB<br />hks DP<br />vishnu cam adjustable cam gears<br />UR test pipe<br />walbro fuel pump<br />vishnu x-flash<br />defi BF oil temp/boost/egt<br />cusco rear sway<br />ferrodo ds2500 pads<br />MR vortex generator<br />evo VII tails<br />Rota torques 18x8 wrapped in falken azenis rt615<br />alpine deck with kicker comp vr 12&quot; sub

tried it lastnight, the rare grind has now turned into a constant dragging and squealing sound. i dont know wtf to do but it is only on my right side of the car! what the fuck!?!?1ksdfkljsdfjkl

KareBearPowa Guest

Take the pads out and check them out, you might have crumbled them.

Take the pads out and check them out, you might have crumbled them.
    thats what i thought before but when i checked them out last time they looked fine. what else would cause dragging?

KareBearPowa Guest

Piston could be catching. Check your wheels after a highway drive. If one is much warmer than the other then your pads are dragging.

Also, check to make sure the dust shield in the back of the rotor isn't bent and dragging on the rotor.

Check to make sure you put the pins and plate back in correctly.

Piston could be catching. Check your wheels after a highway drive. If one is much warmer than the other then your pads are dragging.

Also, check to make sure the dust shield in the back of the rotor isn't bent and dragging on the rotor.

Check to make sure you put the pins and plate back in correctly.
    ill look into the wheel temp thing.... but the wierd thing is i havent touched the rear brakes at all and its making the grinding sound... what would cause the piston to catch? what would it be catching on?