Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Synchro screwed?

Default Synchro screwed?

Guys,
    Having issues shifting into 4th gear abover 50mph. If its dropping in from 3rd to 4th, or downshifting from 5th to 4th, it takes a bit of force (and some gear grinding) to get it to engage. Im clearly now only shifting into 4th at 50 or below, but wanted to get feedback if anyone else has this problem/heard of this problem? Its the synchro, right?

Engine is 15k miles, chassi (and assuming transmission) is running 23k miles. Chainging fluids going to be any help, or is the damage done?

Thanks for the feedback.
    Bye Bye NCe

Default Re: Synchro screwed?

changing the fluids should help, if not then tranny problem.

good luck

nebo

EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

ty nebo. Thought thats the case. Glad I got that super long term warranty thing
    Bye Bye NCe

Quote Originally Posted by Limeyboy
    ty nebo. Thought thats the case. Glad I got that super long term warranty thing
    also good luck in getting it warrantied. Mitsu warranty is the biggest pain in the ass.

nebo
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

Quote Originally Posted by nebolic

also good luck in getting it warrantied. Mitsu warranty is the biggest pain in the ass.

nebo
    Yuh, so I hear! I sure hope they will be fine, I paid for the extra super-gold rip-you-off warranty too, so if they try to deny me, things will be fun.

Bye Bye NCe

Try bleeding your clutch and adjusting the pedal if necessary. It sounds like your clutch isn't fully disengaging when you're trying to shift.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSAE
    Try bleeding your clutch and adjusting the pedal if necessary. It sounds like your clutch isn't fully disengaging when you're trying to shift.
    Hmm, it could very possibly be the clutch... it is on the way out, or so it feels. Ill try and adjust and see.

Thanks!!
    Bye Bye NCe

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSAE
    If it was the clutch then it would grind in all gears. Sounds like a synchro.
    435/371 @ GST E-85

i have the same issue in forth its the syncros and there isn't much that can be done I was thinking of trying some BG SYCROSHIFT fluid but I think it'll still be there.

I have 61k its the Rpm that make it hard to shift not the speed. if I shift at high rpm i have to wait a sec going into 4th i'm starting to shift earlier so I can prolong a tranny rebuild
    [img]

Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMan
    i have the same issue in forth its the syncros and there isn't much that can be done I was thinking of trying some BG SYCROSHIFT fluid but I think it'll still be there.

I have 61k its the Rpm that make it hard to shift not the speed. if I shift at high rpm i have to wait a sec going into 4th i'm starting to shift earlier so I can prolong a tranny rebuild
    I 2nd this, i have the same issue from 4th to 5th, just have to let the RPMs dip down or rev match before it lets me go in smoothly