Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about turbo swap...

Default Re: Question about turbo swap...

Quote Originally Posted by vtluu
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlyApex
    do yourself a favor and DO NOT unbolt yours from your oilpan, just unbolt the top. This will save you oil pan return line leak headaches.
    O RLY? I unbolted mine from the oil pan. Unbolting it from the turbo with the turbo still in the car looked like a PITA. I replaced the gasket and torqued the bolts to spec. Guess I'll hope for the best...
    I've never had a problem w/ leaks on the turbo oil return line at the oil pan on my DSMs or my evo.* You just need to make sure the flange is properly lined up before you tighten the bolts.* I would be sure to use a new gasket.* You can also coat that gasket w/ RTV, but that's not necessary if you install it right.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSAE
    Quote Originally Posted by vtluu
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlyApex
    do yourself a favor and DO NOT unbolt yours from your oilpan, just unbolt the top. This will save you oil pan return line leak headaches.
    O RLY? I unbolted mine from the oil pan. Unbolting it from the turbo with the turbo still in the car looked like a PITA. I replaced the gasket and torqued the bolts to spec. Guess I'll hope for the best...
    I've never had a problem w/ leaks on the turbo oil return line at the oil pan on my DSMs or my evo. You just need to make sure the flange is properly lined up before you tighten the bolts. I would be sure to use a new gasket. You can also coat that gasket w/ RTV, but that's not necessary if you install it right.
    +1 :lol: RTV--> FTW

Quote Originally Posted by evo_dadi
    port the manifold and o2 housing while you have an extra and get it jet coated also.
    which one is better performance wise, aftermarket o2 housgin or ported factory o2 housing?

sorry for the out of subject question

pm me please
    RRE rally cat, HKS drop in, custom tuned by [email protected]/282wtq

Quote Originally Posted by masurie
    Quote Originally Posted by evo_dadi
    port the manifold and o2 housing while you have an extra and get it jet coated also.
    which one is better performance wise, aftermarket o2 housgin or ported factory o2 housing?

sorry for the out of subject question

pm me please
    I haven't seen any empirical evidence to support that either one will produce any gains. They certainly won't hurt performance though.