Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: do u guys go back to the dealership for service?

Default Re: do u guys go back to the dealership for service?

i guess i was lucky that veracom warrantied my clutch/flywheel. i normally go to them for free oil change every 5k miles. the rest i let works to service my car.
    Custom Tuned at Full Function by Sean - 325 whp/307 wtq @ 23 psi on pump gas

HPDE Days:
    Buttonwillow: 1
    Infineon: 0
    Laguna Seca: 0
    Thunderhill: 3

1999 Honda Prelude Non-SH - DD
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX SE - Garage Queen

hell no

I do all of my work myself and would never let a dealership touch it unless I ABSOLUTELY had to. That being said, has anyone had a bad experience at Veracom since that's where I'd take it if i HAD to?
    Chad

4. Default Re: do u guys go back to the dealership for service?

yes Veracom has left a bad taste on quite afew NCE members... you can do a quick search, im sure something will come up.
    400whp/384tq - E85 - stock turbo
    334whp/317tq - 91oct - stock turbo

Sponsored by www.speedelement.com / www.rallyinnovations.com / www.bajadesigns.com / www.sportsracingfuel.com / www.gruppe-s.com / www.vexmotorsports.com / www.detailaddict.com
    Tuned by Bryan@GST Motorsports
    Proud supporter of www.gstmotorsports.com / www.xperformance.com

If any dealership, I'd give San Rafael Mitsubishi a shot... the other dealerships I've been to seem pretty shady.

I take my evo to a dealership...so I can go to work

i take mine to capitol mitsu for oil changes... its great coz i can see my car getting worked on... but other than that i do my installs w/ my friends and i

I do everything myself. Oil changes, tire rotation, mounting and balancing, alignments, rattles, etc.

A fellow member here took his 03' to Veracom to get two of his Brembo's replaced under warranty because of the quite common discoloration you see on them. Picked up his car and noticed one of the new calipers had a big chip in it to start with. Then drove, literally down the block, when the pedal went to the floor!!!

That definitely reinforced my feelings about letting someone else work on my car when I am capable of doing it myself.
    435/371 @ GST E-85

Not even if it's a factory recall...screw them. I asked them to grease the bearings in the muffler...1000 mile check up, their response was to order new bearings because there isn't a zirt to grease them. :lol:
    <br />SFR SCCA #96 XP...Got cones!<br />SPEED ELEMENT/ Draggin Anchor Racing

i use SRM for the free services, so far so good