Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stock BOV fluttering/ motor stuttering?

Default Re: stock BOV fluttering/ motor stuttering?

This may only be somewhat related but when I had my GFB I had the same problem. Couldn't figure out why so I kept driving it. Then one day I decided to clean out my K&N filter, after that the car runs smooth as stock.

lol. dumb question. I have the works drop in w/ the cleaning kit (pretty much it's a bottle of cleaning crap and another bottle of oiling crap). Do you just spray the cleaning crap on, wipe, and then spray the oil on?

Quote Originally Posted by PANGES
    Quote Originally Posted by midEVO
    bov's dont do well with the stock ecu. did you get tuned with the bov on?
    I'm on the stock bov and i was tuned with the stock bov.
    damn my bad, It was late and I had a long day. that has never happened to my 03 before....
    hks 264 cams<br />hks carbon ti CB<br />hks DP<br />vishnu cam adjustable cam gears<br />UR test pipe<br />walbro fuel pump<br />vishnu x-flash<br />defi BF oil temp/boost/egt<br />cusco rear sway<br />ferrodo ds2500 pads<br />MR vortex generator<br />evo VII tails<br />Rota torques 18x8 wrapped in falken azenis rt615<br />alpine deck with kicker comp vr 12&quot; sub

lol. dumb question. I have the works drop in w/ the cleaning kit (pretty much it's a bottle of cleaning crap and another bottle of oiling crap). Do you just spray the cleaning crap on, wipe, and then spray the oil on?
    Not sure about the WORKS filter but I imagine they have similar cleaning procedures: (This is from memory, I'm sure you can find the K&N cleaning procedures online)

1) Gently rinse filter with soft water, in the opposite direction of air flow to get rid of debrise.
    2) Spray on cleaning agent, wait some duration of time, rinse again.
    3) Let it dry naturally.
    4) Re-apply the oil liberally over the face of the filter element.
    5) Let it sit for half an hour before putting it back into your airbox.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stSAGE
    Not sure about the WORKS filter but I imagine they have similar cleaning procedures: (This is from memory, I'm sure you can find the K&N cleaning procedures online)

1) Gently rinse filter with soft water, in the opposite direction of air flow to get rid of debrise.
    2) Spray on cleaning agent, wait some duration of time, rinse again.
    3) Let it dry naturally.
    4) Re-apply the oil liberally over the face of the filter element.
    5) Let it sit for half an hour before putting it back into your airbox.
    Just to add to that. You're supposed to rinse the filter w/ water OPPOSITE the direction of airflow. This pushes the dirt off the filter. When you oil the filter, you oil it on the outside... so airflow will draw the oil through the filter media.

Some poeple told me to try different bov's and see which ones dont do that. I know the GFB does that 10 times worse than the stock one is right now. I did'nt seem to have an issue with my APS, but I want something full recirc. I heard the Forge does that pretty bad.
    the APS is basically full recirc... why not keep using it? i had 0 problems with my APS on my 03, and it decreased the fluttering and stumbling over the stock piece SIGNIFICANTLY... it was night and day.
    walk by faith

I let my friend borrow my APS, maybe i'll try to get it back soon so I can try it out again.