Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *turbo timer work with alarms?*

Default *turbo timer work with alarms?*

ok, maybe i am being bullshitted by an alarm installer i talked to yesterday or not, but he was telling me that aftermarket TT's WILL NOT WORK with basic alarm systems. is this true??

i am in the market yesterday of an alarm system. i was not looking for anything fancy/expensive (ie viper, clifford, compustar, etc). im just looking for something relatively does the job and less expensive. this guy was pushing the viper or clifford, which he says that these are the only systems that will work with my greddy TT that i'm about to install soon. other systems won't work, no matter if it's a basic alarm or 2-way paging ones. now i got kinda pissed that probably because he just wants to sell me definitely a much expensive system, and calls the cheaper ones "crappy", which they also sell. so why sell/stock the "crappy" ones in the first place?

would somebody shed a light on this? thanks

Default Re: *turbo timer work with alarms?*

Well I don't know about the TT and the alarm which I would love to know as well..

But don't get the Clifford 10.5, the remote buttons are hard to push in and the range is shitty. Why even have a 2-way if you can't get reception. But! The shock sensor on the 10.5 is very good. I have this on the EVO now.

I've had the Clifford rsx 3.5 on my ion redline, that alarm was pretty good. Range was excellent, if you had clear sights of your car you could arm/disarm from about 1/8 - 1/4 putting the remote to your head and pointing towards the direction of your car. Shock sensor on the 3.5 is okay, not very sensetive.

I remember reading a thread awhile back about this... I think the main problem is that the engine is running, and the alarm (not integrated to the TT) doesn't like it... You might check with other dealers. You might also think about selling the TT and getting an alarm w/ integrated TT. I have a Compustar, and I've been quite happy with it....

The other option is to just remove the TT... If you've been driving hard, just take it easy the last mile or 2... You should be fine... In reality, I rarely use the TT on my car...

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid-R1
    I remember reading a thread awhile back about this... I think the main problem is that the engine is running, and the alarm (not integrated to the TT) doesn't like it... You might check with other dealers. You might also think about selling the TT and getting an alarm w/ integrated TT. I have a Compustar, and I've been quite happy with it....

The other option is to just remove the TT... If you've been driving hard, just take it easy the last mile or 2... You should be fine... In reality, I rarely use the TT on my car...

Oh yes, that's right the Clifford RSX 3.5 does have a integrated TT but you have to press two buttons to activate it. I used the feature on my ion redline before you have a choice of like 30 seconds, 1 minute, 3 minutes and like 5 minutes. I always used the 1 minute feature.

Complete BS.
    Most alarms will work with a TT. You just need to tap the acc wire instead of the ign on wire, and ensure the TT is not hooked to the acc wire. (most are not)

When the turbo timer is active, the engine is still running, but the acc is not. The alarm can now be armed.
    The only thing is if your engine may cause the shock sensor to go off if your engine is too rough, or when it shuts down. You need to set your shock sensor sensitivity accordingly.

05 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR - 3&quot; TBE with Cat. Stock boost control system. 260whp / 260 lb-ft torque<br />92 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD

Quote Originally Posted by turbotiger
    Complete BS.
    Most alarms will work with a TT. You just need to tap the acc wire instead of the ign on wire, and ensure the TT is not hooked to the acc wire. (most are not)

When the turbo timer is active, the engine is still running, but the acc is not. The alarm can now be armed.
    The only thing is if your engine may cause the shock sensor to go off if your engine is too rough, or when it shuts down. You need to set your shock sensor sensitivity accordingly.

i see. you do make sense. he was telling me about how the alarm would go off once the TT shuts down or something.

anybody in here knows how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by bricel24
    i see. you do make sense. he was telling me about how the alarm would go off once the TT shuts down or something.

anybody in here knows how to do this?
    I use to have a Viper 7xx on my old 8 with a HKS TT.* The alarm and TT works with each other, however once the TT shuts down, the alarm deactivates making the alarm Disarm.* You would have to Arm the alarm again.* I haven't seen/read about anyone working around this yet...

Sell your TT and get an alarm with a TT built in. Also some guys on here will tell you a TT is not needed anyways.
    435/371 @ GST E-85

I have an aftermarket alarm and a TT. They work fine together. Maybe you should find an alarm installer with a bit more experience.
    I keep an inch and a half guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk
    I have an aftermarket alarm and a TT. They work fine together. Maybe you should find an alarm installer with a bit more experience.
    where did you get yours installed? what alarm?