Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nostalgia: three years already

Default Re: Nostalgia: three years already

Not sure I'd recommend a Lotus as a daily driver, not the Elise anyway. Riding around in a stiffly-sprung tin can can get pretty old pretty quick. That's why so many of them are for sale. People buy them for the "cuteness" factor, only to realize later on how impractical and uncomfortable they are.

The engine/driveline is pretty reliable but I wouldn't say the same about the rest of the car. Jason's HVAC has broken once (stuck on full heat in the middle of summer FTL!), throttle pedal linkage broke once, oil cooler developed a leak, car has to be kept on a charger since it drains the battery if parked for a week, alarm system goes off for no reason on hot days, etc. There's a reason people say that Lotus stands for "Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious".
    Viet-Tam Luu (a.k.a. &quot;Tam&quot<br />Vital Motorsports<br />eXtreme Performance<br />Sponsored by WORKS

Quote Originally Posted by vtluu
    There's a reason people say that Lotus stands for "Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious".
    +1 never heard that saying before..

Quote Originally Posted by evo637
    There's a reason people say that Lotus stands for "Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious".
    +1 never heard that saying before..
    haha. interesting saying.
    Custom Tuned at Full Function by Sean - 325 whp/307 wtq @ 23 psi on pump gas

HPDE Days:
    Buttonwillow: 1
    Infineon: 0
    Laguna Seca: 0
    Thunderhill: 3

1999 Honda Prelude Non-SH - DD
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX SE - Garage Queen

ha.. i thought you may have some pretty good input from your roomates experience. While I would be using the lotus as my "daily" driver.. I would just have a quick sprint to work.. and Im actually planning on riding my bike to work which will be awesome.. and pretty much keeping it in the garage. I would have to have a second larger car for my diving gear anyway... I should really do more research on the overal reliablity, but at least there is a warranty on the car which im not going to end up voiding a million ways.

Not sure I'd recommend a Lotus as a daily driver, not the Elise anyway. Riding around in a stiffly-sprung tin can can get pretty old pretty quick. That's why so many of them are for sale. People buy them for the "cuteness" factor, only to realize later on how impractical and uncomfortable they are.

The engine/driveline is pretty reliable but I wouldn't say the same about the rest of the car. Jason's HVAC has broken once (stuck on full heat in the middle of summer FTL!), throttle pedal linkage broke once, oil cooler developed a leak, car has to be kept on a charger since it drains the battery if parked for a week, alarm system goes off for no reason on hot days, etc. There's a reason people say that Lotus stands for "Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious".

5. Default Re: Nostalgia: three years already

Happy 3 years to your Evo.

I am going on 3.5 years now, and am wondering if i want to keep the car or not. I am thinking about maybe trading it in for something with a little more space since i am thinking about starting a family soon, i hardly drive it (18,000 miles in 3.5 years), and i have another car i think is fun to drive in the civic hatch i have been getting ready for the track.
    Nujabes - Modal Soul<br /><br />

so whos the longest term evo owner here.. and who has the most miles?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCrane
    Happy 3 years to your Evo.

I am going on 3.5 years now, and am wondering if i want to keep the car or not. I am thinking about maybe trading it in for something with a little more space since i am thinking about starting a family soon, i hardly drive it (18,000 miles in 3.5 years), and i have another car i think is fun to drive in the civic hatch i have been getting ready for the track.

Time flies. Glad you're still having fun with it. The Evo is, afterall, just a $30k toy.
    Also need to call up SpeedElement or Gruppe-S and get the EcuFlash programmed up for the new turbo. Nothing says celebration like horsepower!
    I'm going in on the 10th for a tune @ Gruppe-S for the new IX turbo. Afterwards I'll be driving an...errr...Evo VIII.5...lol.

congrats on the 3 year anniversay tam, hope to see videos of you on the track with RRE
    Quote Originally Posted by &quot;DnB_design&quot;
    can&#039;t beat that price like a red-headed step child !
    <br /><br />[quote author=vtluu link=topic=10413.msg137940#msg137940 date=1148572576]<br /> &quot;What&#039;s the difference between a porcupine and a Bimmer?&quot; (A: &quot;A porcupine has pricks on the outside.&quot<br />[/quote]<br /><br />[quote author=9secMonster link=topic=15275.msg207158#msg207158 date=1168308351]<br />Spend it all on hookers and coke.<br />[/quote]