Thread: APEXi Dunk Megaphone muffler

Default APEXi Dunk Megaphone muffler

I recently purchased an Espelir JGT500 catback and downpipe.* I took off my old exhaust, a Tsudo that I bought from another member for cheap, and its laying around the garage taking up space.* The Tsudo can is dented up and has a stained up muffler tip.* *I thought about just replacing the muffler with a universal one and I ended up buying this APEXi Dunk muffler for $65.* The only thing is that the piping dia looks to be about 2.5 to, maybe 2.75 at the inlet behind the canister.* Inside the canister it looks to be even smaller about 2 inches maybe 2.25, and thats bieng generous.* I have always loved the look and sound of the APEXi Dunk and the HKS Drager, plus my Dunk Megaphone is super clean.* I want to have it welded on to my old Tsudo pipes but I thought I'd ask you folks what the drawbacks would be given the smaller piping on the Dunk.* Is it worth it? The rest of the Tsudo piping is 3inch straight through no resonators.* I hoped the Dunk would be quieter than the N1 style canisters, plus I thought it'd be unique because I havent seen an Evo with a Dunk.* Thanks guys.* 8)

<br />http://www.myspace.com/potluckradiostation<br />www.speedelement.com

Default Re: APEXi Dunk Megaphone muffler

That looks alot like the old school Greddy Power Extreme exhaust that I had on my Integra years ago. Big ricer can, but it sounded pretty good.
    I keep an inch and a half guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.

theoretically... would'nt the stock exhaust be better than this since the piping's so small?

I'm guessing since I have an Espelir downpipe, cat delete, 3 inch piping and having the neck down at the muffler it wouldn't be so bad. Might be like running the RS*R Ex Mag or the Tanabe Touring Med. I was hoping someone might chime in with some advice.
    <br />http://www.myspace.com/potluckradiostation<br />www.speedelement.com