Thread: opened air box with k&n vs stock filter

Default opened air box with k&n vs stock filter

ok guys last weekend i did soem testing on my beloved evo to c if any performance gain or sound if remove the metal panel below the hood vent and top air box cover.
    with my k&n drop in i can hear my intake howling and stock bov sound kool, but i think boost drop a little for too much air? my boost gauge not very accurate cuz it oem, but def. the sound really kool
    then drop my stock filter back in, damn when step on the gas it howling like a mofo, u can actually can feel the air working inside the turbo or something, sound really kool, boost stay good, but bov cant be heard
    about cleanness, damn it got dirty both of them, hahah
    ok here is a question, if i leave the air box cover open liek that without the air ducting in the front, for k&n and stock, is it gonna effect my engine wise, iam a newbie so help with any technical stuff will be thks full, and i let u guys drive my farting srt4...hahaha
    it def. look really kool with out the vent cover on the hood, wish i have bling bling stuffs to shine...
    Drive : Elantra<br />Commute : &#039;08-250r<br />Built: &#039;90-Tsi

Default opened air box with k&n vs stock filter

you won't get as cold air as posible but it dosn't really matter cause the intercooler will do all the cooling you need Just don't over oil the kn when you clean it either way it really just sounds kooler and that alone could add 4% hp with the intimidation factor jk jk
    [img]