PDA

View Full Version : Moving to CA

wrx2evo8
06-17-2004, 11:08 PM
I'll be moving to Ca... Travis AFB area...
I'm going to need some hook ups when i get there...my evo is pretty stock right now.. but when i get back from Korea (I'm a white guy not a korean...Air Force weatherguy)... I plan on a minimum of wheels exhaust and some kind of boost controller.... I'll be in Ca sometime in FEB 05... also my car has been dynoflashed for 93 octane.. is this going to be a problem?

JanSolo
06-17-2004, 11:12 PM
Running 93 octane might be a problem unless you don't mind mixing to get the desired octane, or getting octane boosters.

wrx2evo8
06-17-2004, 11:15 PM
so i'm probably going to end up getting reflashed... i guess i'd have to do that anyway for the mods i want to get.... also my car is registered in TX so am i going to have to obey the CA exhaust rules? Anybody from around Fairfield.. i think that's that name of the city around Travis....

EvolvedDSM
06-18-2004, 07:20 AM
I'll be on base when you arrive ;) There are a few other EVOs on/around Travis as well. Being out of state, you won't have to get smog tested or anything and wouldn't worry too much about following the CARB guidelines. Obviously, if you do anything obnoxious, you could be pulled over and cited as in any other state, but I haven't run into any hassle yet.

Buzzard
06-18-2004, 07:38 AM
If you can keep your car registered in TX, do so! Your registeration is probably cheaper, insurance probably will be lower and you don't have to worry about CA's despotic emission regulations. I almost bought a house in Kansas just so I could register my cars there, it wasn't much of a house but it was only $7k.

Adding about 2 gallons of Xylene per tankful will give around 94 octane, so you don't have to get reflashed if your willing to do that. We only have 91 octane piss water out here.

Get ready for housing cost shock, both buying and renting. Your about to live in one of the most expensive areas in the country, though Fairfield won't be as bad, it's on the extreme outskirts of the Bay Area.

EvolvedDSM
06-18-2004, 07:44 AM
Get ready for housing cost shock, both buying and renting. Your about to live in one of the most expensive areas in the country, though Fairfield won't be as bad, it's on the extreme outskirts of the Bay Area.

The Air Force will take care of that ;)

Black_EVO
06-19-2004, 01:34 AM
so i'm probably going to end up getting reflashed... i guess i'd have to do that anyway for the mods i want to get.... also my car is registered in TX so am i going to have to obey the CA exhaust rules? Anybody from around Fairfield.. i think that's that name of the city around Travis....
I'm in vacaville and I know warpspeed is from fairfield.

SouthernCrane
06-19-2004, 01:55 AM
See you soon :)

evo_dadi
06-19-2004, 06:22 AM
welcome to cali!! :wave:

wrx2evo8
04-02-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm here! Got a house in Vacaville. Evo is looking good as usual! :lol:

wilson1
04-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Welcome back!

:D

L84AD8
04-02-2005, 09:54 PM
wassup man! i'm the dude with the GG MR stationed at Travis. Right now i'm on a secret squirrel mission :paranoid: ... i should be back within a month or 2. my homie is babysittin my ride n prol rollin around on base wit it. did u do anything more to your ride yet?

-Ed

wrx2evo8
04-02-2005, 10:03 PM
not yet.. still trying to figure out what i'm going to do about my fantastic brembo paint peeling problem.. but i'm still planning on exhaust and new wheels soon... i really need to read up in the forums... i don't know what's cool for my car anymore... after a year of hell... i get to start spending money on the car again.... i need updates on recalls.. etc.. :( gotta go.