PDA

View Full Version : new ECU+ firmware

AreSTG
12-15-2006, 02:35 PM
If you have an ECU+....

http://www.ecuplus.com/new.htm

info on the updates, and apparently he's now making more updates that people have been requesting

superman37r1
12-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Bump...

Hey whos the guy with the silver Evo on base?...I seen the one b4 without the wing but there was one behind me today with a wing and he works down on the flightline...

AreSTG
12-15-2006, 09:26 PM
same guy, he/she finally put a wing on it.

On a side note they are my neighbor(moved in 5 months ago) and that Evo is way to loud and has the turbo timer set for like an hour. Worse than that they bought or have a friend who has the loudest most godawful sounding RX7 on the planet. They think base housing is the right place to work on it (though the hobby-shop has a lift for $3) and i can only assume they are having some kind of ignition problem on that fucking rotory because they start it, rattle my windows, than turn it off again(repeat for hours on end)

Also, when he leaves the evo at home for his wife to drive she finds it fun to warm the Evo up for 20 minutes than drive 5 houses to get the mail, than drive it back and let the turbo timer run for an hour. And more annoying than anything else about the Evo(like it's volume) they can't drive for shit, so i have to hear them nearly stall it everytime they back out of the driveway and shift WAY to early(but floor it mind you) so it gets that shakey-ass up and down sound(they are in 3rd going uphill in a 15mph zone)

damn, do i sound bitter?

also, someone else has a WW on base now so bewarned b4 u flip him off thinking it's me :p

RgistRdShowoffIX
12-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Which base are you guys at?

That silver evo sounds like a nuisance... :?

on a similar note: my friend's RX7 has ignition problems in the cold. It's funny...we sat there trying to start it for like 20 minutes before it actually stayed on.. :(

btw...i don't live on/near any bases. =P

Matz
12-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, Tim! I rarely go back to the ecuplus site... I need to get my s/n from the unit now so I can get that update from Tom. :)

AreSTG
12-16-2006, 03:09 PM
we're at Beale AFB, it's like half hour north of Sac, and close to marysville/yuba city

AreSTG
01-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Tactrix and ECU+ at the same time w/o disconnecting the wire..... sound good?

http://www.ecuplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=435

Matz
01-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Repost. :D

Thanks for posting the link... the new firmware rocks... my P0300 is gone!

AreSTG
01-09-2007, 12:12 AM
my bad, call me an A-hole for trying to keep it in 1 thread.... But seriously, I'm gunna try and keep this thread updated for all E€U+ updates, maybe we can make a decent sticky for ECU+ firmware?

So whats your gas milage like these days ;) ;)

Matz
01-09-2007, 06:30 AM
my bad, call me an A-hole for trying to keep it in 1 thread.... But seriously, I'm gunna try and keep this thread updated for all E€U+ updates, maybe we can make a decent sticky for ECU+ firmware?

So whats your gas milage like these days ;) ;)

hehe... just teasing! :)

I think it's a good idea, except that there's probably only a handful of members that have ECU+ here. What I'd recommend doing (and this is what I do) is to just save a bookmark for threads that I update often. However, if the mods want to do it, that's cool too. Seriously, if you and Bryan hadn't posted / IM'd this information, I would not have known about the new firmware features. I don't frequent the ECU+ forums all that much, but maybe I should every now and then!

ek9_evo9
01-11-2007, 11:16 PM
oh man miss being able to go into the military bases. Auto Hobby Shop FTMFW! they have every tool you can think of in that place!

superman37r1
01-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Ya its really nice being able to use the lifts anytime you want for just like $2 an hour...

Jay
01-15-2007, 01:29 PM
we're at Beale AFB, it's like half hour north of Sac, and close to marysville/yuba city

Fuckin wing wipers...

AreSTG
01-16-2007, 08:47 AM

Fuckin wing wipers...

lol? never heard that term... not to mention niether me or superman have anything to do with planes w/ our jobs

AreSTG
05-27-2007, 07:04 PM
http://www.ecuplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=630

okay, ECU+ appears to be turning into a whole new animal. If you don't already have one than alot of thos enew features are not gunna make you consider getting one. But for anyone who had considered it but felt it was missing some features they wanted there's definatly some that should catch your eye.

biggest i saw was that you can use ECU+ like ecu flash and actually change the stock ECU ROMs. Obviusly this is not a reason on its own to get ECU+, but awsome if you want the other features too. It will have an anti-lag what-chu-ma-callit for launching, no-lift shifting(i don't see whaty you couldn't do that before), MUT-II logging and diagnostics(means tactrix cableand ECU+ simultaniously), AFR is now overlayed on the dyno plots.

Obviously like always, if you already have one, this is a don't miss upgrade for you ECU+, I'm waiting anxiously!

Matz
05-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Yay, I've been waiting for Tom to release this.