PDA

View Full Version : good dealership??????

carbonevo8
06-20-2004, 10:16 PM
hey i was wondering if anyone has taken there evo in to the dealership with some mods on there car to get it fixed. i have intake, cams, p2, helix turbo back, throttel body, and other little mods but i have nothing done to my tranny at all. but it seems like all my syncroes are bad because if i shift at WOT under bosst it grinds in 2, 3, and 5 but if i put it in reverse most of the time it makes a loud clunk noise so i figure its the syncroes. i live about 50 miles to the closest dealership which is in sacramento or modesto. so does anyone have some sugestions. thanx :(

robi
06-20-2004, 10:35 PM
Try San Rafael, Snorre mention robi (he'll yell at me if you turn out to be a dick/jerk/whiner but I'll take the chance) be truthful and they will cover what is truly a warranty issue no BS. But I'll bet you will lose your grind if you refill your trany with BG syncro shift Mine did. also the reverse clunk is the input shaft stopping...(reverse has no syncro) pull it into 4th to stop the shaft and then put it into reverse viola no grind/clunk etc. (old DSM trick)

SilverBullet
06-20-2004, 10:58 PM
Try Sacramento Florin Mitsubishi ... and ask for Don. I took my Evo there and had my 3rd and 5th gear syncro replaced there...They took care of it quick and with no problems. I also have p2, intake, throttle body, bov and cat-back ... so u you should be ok.... Good luck...

carbonevo8
06-21-2004, 01:17 PM
hey thanks silver im gonna try florin. i was wondering how long did they have your car and did they give you a loaner to drive while they had yours

SilverBullet
06-21-2004, 01:35 PM
hey thanks silver im gonna try florin. i was wondering how long did they have your car and did they give you a loaner to drive while they had yours

Well, they had my Evo for about 3 dayz. I never asked for a loaner...but try asking them. Good luck