PDA

View Full Version : TURBO BLEEDING OFF !!!!!!!!1NEED HELP

jaytan
06-25-2004, 12:35 AM
hi guys .i'm just got my evo about month ago .but the turbo bleeding off right now . loss huge boost even higher rpm 4500 to redline .soung like air leaking at the higher rpm .i was go back to the dealership and pull down my car two days let them check it out .they found out nothing :cry:
i try to disconnected the battery about half an hour to reset the ecu .than did another test drive .still the same thing .if some evo owner got the same problem before .please tell me how to fix it . i'm really don't know what can i do for my car .go back to the normal like before .

GReddy_917
06-25-2004, 06:27 AM
Check your intercooler hoses...some people have found them loose where they connect to the intercooler.

SouthernCrane
06-25-2004, 07:08 AM
If you have a boost gauge can you tell us how big the drop off is? BluEvo had a similar problem, I think he fixed it with the GFB BOV.

nebolic
06-25-2004, 07:09 AM
what mods do you have? Also how bad is this boost leak? Are you running a boost gauge. We will need a bit more details to help you diagnose the problem. BluEvo had a similiar problem a few months ago, maybe he can help you out. But we need more details to help you out.

Nebo

jaytan
06-25-2004, 12:31 PM
i don't got the boost gauge ,so i don't know how big the drop off is .what i can say is alot .because i hear nothing come out from the stock bov .and also what is GFB BOV ??i believe got the same problem like BluEvo had before .becasue dealer was check the intercooler .it's nothing .
thank you for your post to help me .

xchoirboy
06-25-2004, 12:52 PM
GFB BOV stands for Go Fast Bits blow off valve. You might also want make sure your connections around BOV are secure.

jaytan
06-25-2004, 01:18 PM
thanks man .i will go back to dealer let them check it out again on monday .i hope they can find out what's wrong with my car and fix it . :(

SouthernCrane
06-25-2004, 02:22 PM
If you know anybody with and EVO and an aftermarket BOV, you might try it on your car and see if that solves the problem.

brwnrice
06-25-2004, 02:32 PM
since you are in sf, try to go to works and see if they could diagnose it for you

jaytan
06-25-2004, 02:42 PM
i'm sorry for the stupid question ?? if bov is leaking . will loss boost because bov is leaking ???because evo is my first turbo car .i know nothing about turbo .
i have to say thank you right here .because you guys really help me .hope i can see all of you guys right on next meet .

mk112288
06-25-2004, 07:16 PM
If you have a boost gauge can you tell us how big the drop off is? BluEvo had a similar problem, I think he fixed it with the GFB BOV.

Which GFB BOV?
Stealth FX
Mach 1
Plumb back
Hybrid
Basic
Bovus Maximus
WRX Hybrid
Mach 2

Also is this a good item to replace right when you buy the car?

vtluu
06-25-2004, 07:19 PM
I'd say unless you have any other mods that affect the boost levels (boost controller, flash, etc.), there's no reason to replace the stock recirc valve (other than for the BOV sound, if you happen to like that kind of thing).

jaytan
06-26-2004, 11:45 AM
i was went to works this morning .but they are close .i try to replace the stock bov from dealer .if still the same thing after that .i will try aftermarket bov .thx man .

Gruppe-S
06-26-2004, 03:26 PM
The GFB BOV that most Norcal folks are using is the Stealth FX. Very nice piece.

Or try the EVO MR Diverter valve.

jaytan
06-26-2004, 04:23 PM
how much will be with install ??what about that one works doing now ?becuase i saw the price about $339 right on the works wedsite .

BluEvo
06-26-2004, 04:46 PM
from my post in my thread...

Made a 2nd visivt to Mitsu and they found nothing. Even with the tech ride-along. We found nothing. It never happened again?! It was the strangest thing. I put on the GFB right after the visit to Mitsu and have not had that issue since.
i cannot be certain that swapping out for the GFB bov was the fix, but like i said, it hasn't happened since. just make sure to tighten down all the hose clamps near the bov also. if the dealership cannot replicate the problem they will not touch the car.

i'm sorry for the stupid question ?? if bov is leaking . will loss boost because bov is leaking ???because evo is my first turbo car.
yes will lose boost if the bov or lines/hoses are leaking.

good luck man..

EvoVIII
06-26-2004, 06:04 PM
hmmm I don't know bout u guys, but my car seems way slower then b4.. and the boost doesn't hold very well... wonder what happen to my car....

jaytan
06-26-2004, 06:25 PM
i don't feel any boost right now .feel like 2.0 but no turbo

BluEvo
06-26-2004, 06:30 PM
i don't feel any boost right now .feel like 2.0 but no turbo if yours is constant turbo leak, then you've got a big problem. i think maybe one of your intercooler hoses came off.

jaytan
06-26-2004, 08:11 PM
i hope so .um.........do you think dealer will find out what's the problem :? wish me good luck on monday .and also what's works business hour ? because i went to there this morning about 10:20 am .but they was close .

jaytan
06-30-2004, 12:07 PM
hohohohoh~my evo is done .because the intercooler hoses came off .that's why the turbo feel like leak .thanks man .

vtluu
06-30-2004, 02:08 PM
Yup, been there... Glad you found the problem! :D

PK@WORKS
06-30-2004, 03:34 PM
i hope so .um.........do you think dealer will find out what's the problem :? wish me good luck on monday .and also what's works business hour ? because i went to there this morning about 10:20 am .but they was close .

Our hours are M-F 10-6 and Saturday by appointment. Last Saturday we were here a little after noon.

Glad to hear your problem was diagnosed. Good Luck! :D