PDA

View Full Version : Mitsu bought back Evo

wilson1
07-02-2004, 09:10 AM
One of my friends just got his evo bought back by Mitsubishu due to continuous attempts to correct his problems including throwing codes, stalling on the freeway, etc.

They even payed for all his monthly payments from day one! :shock:

Sad part is he is no longer a evo owner! :(

BluEvo
07-02-2004, 09:12 AM
:?

vtluu
07-02-2004, 09:32 AM
That's too bad, sounds like he got a bad specimen. Is he going to get another one?

SouthernCrane
07-02-2004, 09:58 AM
At least he didn't have to pay for it.......Is he going to get the MR?

MarkSAE
07-02-2004, 10:31 AM
Damn, that's actually a blessing in disguise. Now he can go buy an MR or an '05 w/ all the goodies!

wilson1
07-03-2004, 09:10 AM
He's tired of all the hassles and actually gotten a subaru!

BluEvo
07-03-2004, 11:35 AM
:huh:

WRXTodd
07-03-2004, 07:53 PM
HAHA! SUBARU STRIKES AGAIN! uhh... sorry... umm... we're still friends right?

vtluu
07-03-2004, 09:50 PM
Can't say I blame the guy, honestly. :(

Drove to Capitol Mitsu today to pick up warranty replacement clips for my hood vent splash shield. But they couldn't give them to me because as it was a warranty replacement, they had to install it themselves (yes, the plastic fasteners that you just push in to hold the splash shield in place!). I asked them if their service dept. was open and they said yes, but they were "too busy". I pointed out that it wouldn't take more than 2 minutes for them to do. They said they were sorry but they couldn't do the paperwork today and I'd have to schedule an appointment. I told the guy, "You know and I know that in the time we've been standing here arguing you could have installed those clips." He admitted yes, but he still couldn't help me. What a bunch of fuckwits. :roll:

JanSolo
07-04-2004, 12:42 AM
He's tired of all the hassles and actually gotten a subaru!

Then we should be seeing him all the time in our rearview mirrors. Welcome your friend to the land of understeer. ;)

GokuSSJ4
07-04-2004, 09:48 AM
mitsu SUCKS !! when it comes to customer service. Unless they start to loose sales, they will not change .

Buzzard
07-04-2004, 12:12 PM
There is a silver lining to the Mitsu screwing us on our warranties, I no longer have an excuse not to start modding the car. Since I haven't found anybody local that really knows how to tune a AEM EMS, I think I will Vinshu and use the Xede. I'm not a big fan of reflashes, been down that road a few times and have never been satisfied, always ended up with either a piggy back or stand alone. So I'm not going to waste my money there, if I go piggy back, then I get the rpm and speed govenors remapped.

I also told my dealer when they tried to get me to buy a MR that I doubt I will ever buy another Mitsu after the way they have treated their customers. I said that what Mitsu did is chicken shit and I'm not going to do business with chicken shit outfits. Sometimes I wish i had just bought another FD as a project car and not have to worry about a warranty.