PDA

View Full Version : Can you say BOYCOTT??!?

howiEVO8
01-02-2004, 08:26 PM
http://www.imbecilicracing.com/evo8/IMG_1006.JPG

this picture was taken from CAPITOL MITSUBISHI, San Jose, which also happens to be the nations largest mitsu car dealer...bah

JanSolo
01-02-2004, 08:34 PM
That is *really* old. I bought my Evo from there in July and the prices were nothing like that. They were bad - 5k$ over MSRP, not 20k over invoice.

vtluu
01-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Even Hayward Mitsubishi, where I bought mine, had (and probably has) a $5k markup. But I talked them down to $1k below MSRP, so it's really only meant for people who really have no negotiating skills at all (and believe me, mine aren't so good :) ). Heck, even my 2001 Eclipse GT had something like a $3k markup and that was gone after I'd spoken with their sales guy for about 15 seconds.

Now I'm already boycotting Stevens Creek Mitsu for other reasons (which I've already stated) and I live in the south bay and don't feel like driving to Hayward for my service and warranty, so I guess that really only leaves Capitol.

JanSolo
01-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Now I'm already boycotting Stevens Creek Mitsu for other reasons (which I've already stated) and I live in the south bay and don't feel like driving to Hayward for my service and warranty, so I guess that really only leaves Capitol.

Both of these dealerships are owned by the same guy. And he also owns Stevens Creek Subaru and some other dealerships as well.

I find the service at Stevens Creek Mitsu to be miles ahead of Capitol.

howiEVO8
01-02-2004, 08:56 PM
yup

vtluu
01-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Both of these dealerships are owned by the same guy. And he also owns Stevens Creek Subaru and some other dealerships as well.

I find the service at Stevens Creek Mitsu to be miles ahead of Capitol.

Thanks, good to know. Looks like if I want my Evo serviced anywhere near where I live, I don't have any options at all. I don't have anything against Hayward Mitsu except that it's a 1/2 hour drive from my place. :roll:

torrentprime
02-23-2004, 04:59 PM
This is an old topic, but I bought my Mitsu's from Stevens Creek and Capitol (one each) and have had warranty work done at both places, so i thought I would chime in.
The funny thing is, they switched the sales staff from C to SC in between me buying my two cars, so I ended up dealing with same staff both times. I wish I had know, I would have gone to C the 2nd time.
The guys at C, now at SC, tried to trick me pulling one element of our deal off of the table (they were going to pay off what I owed on my old car) somewhere in the 3rd hour of negotiation. I missed it (my bad) and they told me I was SOL when I asked for the check. But the salesman wasn't very good at cheating people, because even after the $$ was no longer part of the deal, he kept talking as if it was, and after I signed and was ready to leave with my new car, he mentioned it again, in front of me, my roommate, his manager, etc. After a lot of emails and threats of bad publicity, I got my $$! :evil:
The service: SC was reparing my Eclipse (I took out a curb, messed up a wheel) and they sideswiped my car while they had it. Dented the door, etc. They tried to pretend it was already there, etc etc. Then they told me they would pay for it and sent me to the bodyshop. The bodyshop was all ready to do the work when I checked that SC was paying for it. "We have no info on that" Never ever heard that it was a dealer-pay. More arguing, phone calls, managers and bosses, etc. I got it paid for in the end. "evil"
Service at Capital has always been awesome. I have no idea if I am getting screwed on price, but one of the service managers has ALWAYS been cool to me and done good work, so until I hear otherwise, I am sticking with Capitol.
(whew!) :computer:

mattssilverevo
02-23-2004, 09:03 PM
I got my apex silver evo from hayward mitsu for $30k out the door 1.5 weeks ago. I didn't think it was too bad. Most other dealers including capitol and stevens creek scoffed at the price. So I picked it up in hayward with 5 miles on it. I'm loving it. I do want do replace the bushings for the shifter linkage. I can see how people complain about it beeing notchy. But besides the fuckface sales guys at stevens creek I'm very good friends with the parts manager there bob from when I had my vr4 so if you need anything oem let me know. He usually gives me 10% above cost or less. Depending on what the item is. Anyway. Just my .02

Matt