PDA

View Full Version : lazy bums!

brwnrice
07-19-2004, 09:20 PM
for those people who contemplated on getting of their lazy asses and go do some exercise but changed their mind since they dont have a workout partner now here is a chance where you can burn some calories off. there is a pickup game of dodgeball (http://www.sfdodgeball.net/) on saturday morning in san francisco. anybody can show up and play dodge ball. hope to see you guys there! :wave:

http://www.tournamentofstuff.com/dbcartoon.JPG

-i will be wearing yellow knee high socks, vintage nike shoes, and a pink head band.

kimmievo
07-19-2004, 10:26 PM
I think you should get some of those '70's rainbow piping shorts too....that would tie in the whole outfit! :)

evo_dadi
07-19-2004, 11:31 PM
dude the ball on the site got me addicted to tossing it around :)

BluEvo
07-20-2004, 08:52 AM
the NorCalEvo DodgeBall Team! lol

toasty
07-20-2004, 11:12 AM
That would be great to see to have a league in dodgeball, from this form.
:yikes: <== This would be me in the back of the dodgeball line up.

DRFTR8
07-20-2004, 01:36 PM
That would be great to see to have a league in dodgeball, from this form.
:yikes: <== This would be me in the back of the dodgeball line up.

That would be something i have to see...all with matching shirts

MitsuMan
07-20-2004, 02:01 PM
dodge ball is f ing cool and its making a big come back. anyone can play and you don't have to be fit or skilled in any way I just wish there was something closer to san jose I saw A thing on good morning america saying that its like the latest craze or something What'd ya know about that. 8)

BluEvo
07-20-2004, 02:05 PM
we can start one in san jo. there are alot of us in or nearby san jose anyway. you can get a NorCalEvo.net t-shirt (iron-on transfer) from CafePress.com. check the Announcement Section for the Swag Shop.

Or click here > CafeShops/NorCalEvo (http://www.cafeshops.com/norcalevo)

Buzzard
07-20-2004, 02:23 PM
Hmmm, Dodgeball......maybe it might be just the "sport" for this broken down old hockey player! Is there a penalty box? I really miss sitting in the box and yelling insults at the refs and other team.

toasty
07-20-2004, 04:13 PM
You think dodgeball is making a come back these days, how about "FreezeTag" or "HopScotch".

DRFTR8
07-20-2004, 04:55 PM
You think dodgeball is making a come back these days, how about "FreezeTag" or "HopScotch".

Ok toasty....ummm your killing me....
anyway dodgeball is the Sh_T... i just laugh when the last person is picked cuz thats the one no one wants in their team, just like high school.... :poke: "damn do i have to?!...ok fine your in my team"
and hes always infront so he gets knocked out first...

toasty
07-20-2004, 04:57 PM
:yikes: <== like I said.

brwnrice
07-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Hmmm, Dodgeball......maybe it might be just the "sport" for this broken down old hockey player! Is there a penalty box? I really miss sitting in the box and yelling insults at the refs and other team.

i think anything goes in dodge ball with a few minor rules 8) yell or heckle as much as you want, just dont be the person who get hit in the face while heckling! on the sfdodgeball site it says bringing your own team is cool. plus i already have a couple of "plays" got in mind for this game. :twisted:

here is a letter from sam that i received today:

Hey Dodgeballers!

This week we will take a break from our week day game night... but will resume next week on Wednesday July 28th @ 6:30pm in the Panhandle (Ashbury between Oak and Fell).

SF Dodgeball's will have it's regular Saturday morning game this week at Dolores Park in San Francisco (in the basketball court). Games will start at 9:30am and will go for about 2 hours or so. Feel free to show up a bit early for warm ups, etc. Most people show up about 15 minutes or so before the game start time. Don't worry if you can't get out of bed and are a little late... better late than never. Remember, you don't have to have a team to play... just show up and have a good time. If you do have a team ready to go... bring 'em on!

Dolores Park is located at Church/Dolores & 18th/20th Streets. You can take the #33 or J Muni Metro if you want to get there via public transpo. Driving is of course an option, but leave enough time to find a parking spot, as it can be a challenge to park close to the park sometimes. See y'all out there!

** As always - you can find all of our weekly game info on www.sfdodgeball.net.

Sam

NgohOiNei
07-20-2004, 06:53 PM
Your dodgeball team will never flourish....because my "Steal the Bacon" league will rule all!

toasty
07-20-2004, 11:07 PM
:box:
Always put up a good fight.

WRXTodd
07-20-2004, 11:34 PM
forget Dodge Ball.... how many of you Paintball?

kimmievo
07-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Paintball is soooo much freakin fun. I went a few years back in the Santa Cruz mountains at this one place called Wood Stalk. Don't know if it's there anymore, but that might be something fun to do again.

EVO GRIM
07-21-2004, 07:11 AM
The guy who ran Woodstock (Stewart) moved the field out to fort ord in the back, then to the old jail (that was sweet). But it's gone now, and I don't know where they went.

NgohOiNei
07-21-2004, 11:22 AM
I went paintballing once when I was 16. I got shot in the boob and quit.
I had a nice half moon bruise on my boob for a good month.

kimmievo
07-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Yeah, i was bruised for about a month or so myself....

toasty
07-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Paintballing is very fun, but it can get expensive.
My friends invited me to a paintball thing and it cost around $80-$100 for gun and mask rental and even for a box of paintball to play with.
I was broke then so I didnt go play, but I wished I did.
Bruises are all part of the fun. I think I call it batttle scars (bruises).

brwnrice
07-21-2004, 02:26 PM
dodge ball is fun and it's free! no bruises or welts to worry about :wink:

toasty
07-21-2004, 02:29 PM
But its fun running around hiding and trying not getting hit by a fast little paintball.

DRFTR8
07-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Toasty... paintball is old school...have you tried airsoft battles... actual scenario (missions) that you have to accomplish... and when you get hit you can respawn after 5-10 min... go check it out... www.airsoftextreme.com

toasty
07-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Wow, you meaning this is like an actual Unreal Tornament style paintballing.
Mission like capture the flag or Manhunt.,right?

DRFTR8
07-21-2004, 04:08 PM
its like war...you have to Recon, sniper, Flank..etc to get your goals completed...just like Black Hawk Down...and also you have CQB(close quater combats) battles....the guns we use shoots the max of 400fps...and the snipers shoot way over 500fps...i have 4 guns... an MP5SD, Blackhawk down M4, a M700 sniper rifle (police issue),glock 19 and a USP handgun....mind you all these guns have been upgraded to the fullest....you can also buy M203 launchers for them...if anyone want to go with me just to try out i dont mind

EVO GRIM
07-21-2004, 04:40 PM
My friends invited me to a paintball thing and it cost around $80-$100 for gun and mask rental and even for a box of paintball to play with.
I had an E-Mag that shot 13 balls per second. I shot a minumum of $200 of paint in 6 hours. They called my gun the hose. Yea I used to be way into it.
Cool thing was I am an Engineer/EMT so I played for free, accept the paint that is.

toasty
07-21-2004, 04:58 PM
I'm jealious