PDA

View Full Version : Drove a brand new RS today

e8
07-25-2004, 01:08 AM
Well, it was just a test drive... but, Hayward Mitsubishi just receieved a brand new White RS with just HID's and AC. Perfect if you ask me. The car only had 8 miles and the sales man was, well, very hesitant to let me test drive it.

I didn't drive it hard, but there's a couple things I did notice over my '03.

1. It's noisier.
2. It feels more nimble.
3. The brakes are more sensitive (maybe my fluid and pads are shot).
4. Feels quicker... because it's lighter.
5. Gear box and clutch felt smoother.
6. Felt even more connected to the road than the '03.

That's about it. I really liked it and thought it "felt" like a superior car to the '03s, but maybe I this was just a placebo affect and I'm kidding myself.

Screw the '05 MR, I'll take a white '05 RS. :lol: Watch me eat my words. But hey, the only thing I see that the MR has on the RS is the 6speed. Interior and gun metal grey would be nice, but that's just cosmetics. Suspension and rims, I can modify that myself.

evo_dadi
07-25-2004, 04:09 AM
the rs is definitely noisier since all the sound deadining materials gone to cut some weight.the rs also doesnt have abs so thats why the inital bite was strong but can lock up easily if not done right.it also has better differential and a front lsd on it.

MitsuMan
07-25-2004, 01:33 PM
yea yea yea its all about driver not the car theres always gonna be something cooler newer lighter faster I got a first year evo 8 and I wouldn't want anything else this cars gonna be a clasic someday lol

ez76
07-25-2004, 02:42 PM
I hope the '04 RS transmission incorporates fixes developed after Mitsubishi's trials with some of the '03 transmissions (5th gear synchro problems, transfer case problems, etc.)

If my transfer case goes again, I would be looking into fitting the RS'.

e8
07-25-2004, 08:28 PM
the rs is definitely noisier since all the sound deadining materials gone to cut some weight.the rs also doesnt have abs so thats why the inital bite was strong but can lock up easily if not done right.it also has better differential and a front lsd on it.

yeah, i was talking to the sales man about all of that, he had no clue what i was talking about.

evo_dadi
07-25-2004, 09:00 PM
lol typical money hungry sales guy,that happened to me at stevens creek when this tard kept on telling me all this bs bout 2f2f evo.even though i told him i already know the evo he kept on blabbing away so we just turned around and walked out.he followed us to the parking lot and gave me his card and said give him a call if i have anymore questions :roll: