PDA

View Full Version : ECU-based boost control saves the day...

O3EVO
06-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Well guys it finally happened.Â* So I head out to leave work just a little after 5 last night.Â* I head down the short stretch of road to the main road, Sunrise BLVD.Â* As I'm waiting for the light I realize I forgot something at work.Â* Finally the light goes green, and I circle back through a parking lot to head back to work.Â* And of course I look in my mirror and a cop is following me through the parking lot as well.Â* And right as I turn into my parking lot at work he lights me up.

He comes up to my car, and asks for the usual license and registration.Â* And proceeds to tell me he pulled me over because of my exhaust.Â* I say yeah I have paperwork for that.Â* Espelir comes with paperwork saying it's legal and it's a "replacement" exhaust system.Â* So he looks through the paperwork, and hands me back the paperwork and registration.Â* Then he say's those sweet words, "can you pop the hood and then step away from the vehicle."Â* So I do as I'm told from the officer.Â* He is looking all around trying to find something.Â* Then he asks where is the boost controller.Â* I tell him I don't have one sir, I tried to keep the car as stock as possible because I don't want to deal with CARB laws or waste your time.Â* And then he asks me if that is the stock exhaust manifold, I said yes it is, I just bought another heat shield to look a little nicer.Â*

In the end the officer was really nice and let me go with no ticket at all.Â* He explained that they are on overtime looking for modified cars and cracking down on the street racers.Â* I said that I understand and that's why I tried to keep everything under the hood stock.Â* So thankfully he didn't ask me to roll my windows up, or give me a hard time about no license plate.Â* I have to say that the officer did his job, and I have to respect that.Â* I showed him that I was making an effort to do the right thing within the law and he respected that.

I thought this might give hope to some people.Â* A little different story than we usually here around here.Â* BTW, this is in Rancho Cordova, a strict part of Sacramento... :D

Evo9R
06-30-2007, 10:41 AM
thats good :D last time i got pulled over they didn't no what the hell they where looking at my boost controller was in front of his face, i must of got lucky

O3EVO
06-30-2007, 10:43 AM
The best thing was when I got pulled over in my 03 Cobra. That cop asked where is your boost controller. Haha I told him it's supercharged, not turbocharged... :D

whtrice
06-30-2007, 10:53 AM
That goes to show you they don't have a clue. They still can get you for tint on the front windows, no front plate , and under suspicion any exhaust that looks or sounds non-stock to them. Looks like I am going to hold off on installing my TP till things cool off a bit and their budgets run out of funds for O.T.

O3EVO
06-30-2007, 11:04 AM
I read somewhere on here that certain cops are out to look for certain things.Â* Some look for modified vehicles, others look for exterior modifications, and some are out for traffic violations.Â* He said specifically he is out on OT looking for modified vehicles.Â* So I don't know.Â*

esco
06-30-2007, 11:47 AM
thats gay. I hate police doin that. Think about that. If you live anywhere else other than rancho and your headed to the raceway and get pulled over its like wtf do I do then? Im doin it safe and heading to the track.....yet the police bust my balls when Im doing it like they advised.

Bottom line
Police are full of shit. Few actually do their job correctly.
What he did to you is considered profiling. Evo's look modified, so naturally they attract attn.

O3EVO
06-30-2007, 12:18 PM
I was frustrated at first, thinking the exact same thing esco said. But like I said he was nice about it, and didn't hassle me about things he didn't pull me over for. For what it's worth, right after me he pulled over a stock looking Civic as I was leaving... :D

mr05evo
06-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Like you said at least he didn't give you a ticket for the other stuff. That's cool no ticket 8)

PANGES
07-01-2007, 11:37 AM
That's cool. He didn't give you a hard time. I was being tailed by a cop for about 3 blocks yesterday while driving to dinner and then he turned off into another street. Guess he didn't feel like pulling me over.

Evo9R
07-01-2007, 12:15 PM
that happen to me to,and my exhaust is loud to me

--anonimuz
07-01-2007, 01:09 PM
how loud is your exhaust? after reading this I might just sell my HKS Ti exhaust and get same exhaust as yours...

Kings Fan
07-01-2007, 01:52 PM
With all the crackdowns going on, I'm surprised I still see alll those civic and CRX buzz boxes driving around

crctslt
07-01-2007, 02:18 PM
thats gay. I hate police doin that. Think about that. If you live anywhere else other than rancho and your headed to the raceway and get pulled over its like wtf do I do then? Im doin it safe and heading to the track.....yet the police bust my balls when Im doing it like they advised.

Bottom line
Police are full of shit. Few actually do their job correctly.
What he did to you is considered profiling. Evo's look modified, so naturally they attract attn.

Orly? How is that profiling?

ddubdb3
07-01-2007, 03:53 PM
^^^^^ the big carbon fast and furious wing, the body of a evo appears as if it has fender flairs, maybe lowered, the super agressive looking front end with a odly shaped "radiator" behind it. really the evo does not look like your everyday car. admit it it attracks attention good and bad. will you ever see a bmw or mustang pulled over? i just got pulled over last tuesday heading wb on hwy 50 just past 65th street. but this chp gave me a ref ticket...i dont know if you guys have read but they passed a 4.4million dolar grant to educate cops about illegal mods...also they made over 10 million dollars in citations for jus window tint, no front plate and a couple others..that 10 mill didnt include speeding!

ddubdb3
07-01-2007, 03:56 PM
o let me add most cops have no idea what their looking for all they know is carb or e sticker and if its not black its probably not posed to be there

player67
08-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Is this near the mall? I hate that area....Congrats on the no tickte though!

EVOSteve7
08-31-2007, 08:24 AM
wow
sucks for us law abiding tuners with legal parts
It's all the hype the media has gotten the tuner scene as well
b4 F&F street racing was a problem, it still is, but after that gay movie now every officer thinks that car modifications automatically make the guy or gal a street racer looking to break the law
IMHO that IS profiling

uhoh_evo
08-31-2007, 09:47 AM
^+1