PDA

View Full Version : i would like to share my vishnu experience

vishnu_evo8
08-20-2004, 03:01 PM
:)

i hear lots of stuff about vishnu.. good and bad but all i have to say is that they have been awesome to me and my car. Even before i had spent money and i was just asking questions i got nothign but great service and shiv and brian seemed like they were interested in helping me get my evo to where i wanted it to get to. i have their stage 1 plus with 272's and i love the car on race gas it flies and i can put up 12.3-4's. for only 3k i think that is a deal. The car runs perfectly and its perfect for the nightly straight line acceleration comparissons held in oakland and hayward as i have only lost once even tho the car has oly 4 mods and stok turbo... the drivabilty and power delivery is awesome and the car is seemingly untouchable on the race track. I have tortured the car on the track running full race gas map (410hp crank)many times and it still feels as solid as the day i bought it. as far as im concerned vishnu is 2nd to none as far as evo tuning is concerned. The win in c and d 1 lap should speak for itself

nebolic
08-20-2004, 03:20 PM
glad to hear you like the car. enjoy it :)

Nebo

08-20-2004, 03:46 PM
hummm it comes in at the rite moment?////// :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

brwnrice
08-20-2004, 04:54 PM
can you post your dyno graph i just want to see how the 272's perform.

leif
08-20-2004, 07:22 PM
i can tell you right now he doesn't have them scanned in, and he probly lost them all together lol.

robi
08-20-2004, 07:43 PM
I would like to share mine. paid full price for a gauge kit (more than at other comparable vendors.) Was told it was in stock the charge hit my CC the next day and it took 2+ weeks to get the kit..Kit installed by a whiz porsche mechanic in my area (you know the mechanic the dealers all send their "unsolvable" problems to). He noted the bezel glass on the oil temp gauge was loose and the bezel wasn't square to the body of the gauge. drove the car to class and noticed the EGT was slugish, 4hours later on the way home no EGT stopped and checked all connections still zero response. Took my evo over my favorite jump on the way home and on landing the cheezy gauge mount metal pops out of my dash..Get in the car the next morning and the 25 degree low had cracked the boost gauge bezel glass. Called and left 3 messages/4 e-mails finally got brett who to his credit replaced the Boost gauge fast...I then waited over 5 months to get the oil temp guage, they neglected to call/e-mail me even once during this time even though they were VERY aware I was pissed. Never fixed the EGT (I sourced a new probe from another vendor) And for all this I was called a liar by shiv on EvoM "neither are you truthful" Was PM'd that I broke the gauges and was tring to get my ineptness paid for by "cheating the system" Told shiv if he really thought I broke the gauges than DON'T replace them I've wasted money before on cheap overpriced items...BUT if he replaced them his accusations were baseless. He replaced them...I have to date recieved no sorry robi I was mistaken when I called you a liar and accused you of cheating me out of the gauges you broke. so V.I.S.H.N.U. (Valueless Insignificant Shit Having No Use) I only thank the Lord he didn't have any xedes in or I would be tossing it in the trash too. Bad Businessman Worse Pr and toons and promotes a system only he is allowed to sell in the USA. I can hardly wait for the skyline to come out so you vishy boys will see him drop you like he did the WRX/STI bunch. (or the miata bunch before that.)
Cheers

leif
08-20-2004, 09:08 PM
one thing about vishnu's old customer service. there used to be 3 guys at vishnu.....shiv, brett and ken. only shiv is left, and that's for the reasons you listed. if you were to start over now, it'd be different. i don't blame you for not going back with what you had to deal with. i'm local so its easier for me, not that i ever had any bad experiences tho.

sharkster
08-20-2004, 09:39 PM
what is this sivnu that you speak about?

ob4
08-21-2004, 02:46 PM
My experience with vishnu was also very positive. At the time when I was installing the hks cams, i ordered a set of vishnu cam gears. End up the cam gears did not arrived, but shiv personally asked his machinist to deliver a fresh set of cam gear to me so that I can finish the job over the weekend... now that's customer service! And all this happened w/o me even paying a dime for the cam gears until I went back for an xflash reflash in the following week. Same can't be said with other vendors that I've deal with in the past... namely the one in AZ. I usually like to deal with local vendors, because you can always deal with any potential issues face-to-face, and that's usually the best way to resolve any issues.

-ob4

Buzzard
08-22-2004, 09:56 AM
Robi, please take your Shiv hating and keep it in SoCal. This kind of BS is why I lost all interest in this board.

If Shiv gets banned for his alleged reason, shouldn't this guy? I've seen 2 posts by him in the 5 min I have been on the board, both flaming Shiv. How pathetic! Since Shiv can't defend himself, he can say what evers he wants with no recourse.

thxbrett
08-22-2004, 11:31 PM
one thing about vishnu's old customer service. there used to be 3 guys at vishnu.....shiv, brett and ken. only shiv is left, and that's for the reasons you listed. if you were to start over now, it'd be different. i don't blame you for not going back with what you had to deal with. i'm local so its easier for me, not that i ever had any bad experiences tho.

I know you are not serious with this post. Shiv is the owner of Vishnu, that's why he is still there! AHAHAHAHAH!! :D Myself and Ken are not there for other reasons.

Brett.

JanSolo
08-22-2004, 11:36 PM
one thing about vishnu's old customer service. there used to be 3 guys at vishnu.....shiv, brett and ken. only shiv is left, and that's for the reasons you listed.

I thought there were more than that. There is David (aka MP5 back in the day on EvoM), Brian (Lambtron) and Dustin.

robi
08-23-2004, 12:45 AM
Robi, please take your Shiv hating and keep it in SoCal. This kind of BS is why I lost all interest in this board.

If Shiv gets banned for his alleged reason, shouldn't this guy? I've seen 2 posts by him in the 5 min I have been on the board, both flaming Shiv. How pathetic! Since Shiv can't defend himself, he can say what evers he wants with no recourse.

Kind of like posting on shivs board @ Evom... ;-).

ez76
08-23-2004, 01:11 AM
Since Shiv can't defend himself, he can say what evers he wants with no recourse.

I wouldn't worry too much. We're all bright enough to draw our own conclusions about the strength of an argument that can only be made against a gagged opponent.

SouthernCrane
08-23-2004, 03:09 AM

I know you are not serious with this post. Shiv is the owner of Vishnu, that's why he is still there! AHAHAHAHAH!! :D Myself and Ken are not there for other reasons.

Brett.

Sorry to go OT, but why did you leave?

brwnrice
08-23-2004, 06:41 AM
i think, there were no stock options 8)

chrisw
08-23-2004, 07:55 AM

I agree.

I was initially plesently surprized that this board appeared to have more intelligence behind the posts...

I think I'll go else where. (and still take my business to Vishnu )

later...

sharkster
08-23-2004, 09:09 AM
I heard it through the grape vine... But apparently one of their customer's EVOs blew an engine. Oops. Hate it when that happens....

ez76
08-23-2004, 10:23 AM
I heard it through the grape vine... But apparently one of their customer's EVOs blew an engine. Oops. Hate it when that happens....

Did you hear that from Wayne Mello?

JanSolo
08-23-2004, 10:34 AM
Did you hear that from Wayne Mello?

Ouch!

EvoVIII
08-23-2004, 10:58 AM
wow Bratt and Ken Left?? Omg Ken is the Best guy! he always take care of me and solve my xede problem and take care of my CEL!!!!!

vishnu_evo8
08-23-2004, 08:38 PM
i think people need to understand that ther is no company in the world that has a perfect track record. even the most reliable computers fail, the best athletes screw up.. this holds true for tuning as well. Shiv is an incredible tuner.. and from what it seems the vast majority of his customers are very happy with their car's performance.... this doesnt mean that every single customer is 100 percent satisfied. no matter what someone will always be unhappy and it seems that it is always the same few people that flame vishnu across all the forums. i admit when i first called them it was very difficult to get in touch with a person. i often had to call like 5 times to get through; however, as of the last 3 or 4 months the phone service has been awesome and they pick up within 2 or 3 rings.
Iv built my car with their help and advice and it is nearly unstoppable on the track... and holds up to hours of continuous punnishment at 7700 rpm pushing 410hp boosting 25lbs on 110 octane.

sharkster
08-23-2004, 09:39 PM
I'm sure his guys from Australia are great tuners the only thing that worries me is that there's so much shit talk about just this one tuner. Why is that? I know every story has two sides but it's just kinda scary how much stuff gets said and then how hostile his posts can be. As an owner of a local Porsche tuner-shop, I know how tough the industry is but to my knowledge no tuner out there has anywhere near this much contreversy surrounding it...

ez76
08-23-2004, 10:07 PM
I'm sure his guys from Australia are great tuners the only thing that worries me is that there's so much shit talk about just this one tuner. Why is that? I know every story has two sides but it's just kinda scary how much stuff gets said and then how hostile his posts can be. As an owner of a local Porsche tuner-shop, I know how tough the industry is but to my knowledge no tuner out there has anywhere near this much contreversy surrounding it...

Shiv says things that people don't like. This earns him both fans and foes.

Buzzard
08-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Sharky, there is also a huge jealousy factor, though most of them would be loath to admit it. They used to bash him for being in SCC all time, now that they are in SCC they seemed to have forgot all about that. Add to this the fact that Vinshu is the only tuner in the US (that I'm aware of) that has recieved EVOs (2 so far and a MR in Oct) from Mitsu gratis (that means FREE) and you can see what pisses off so many. Sure, Shiv can be a undiplomatic but I have always found very easy to talk to. And who feels like being nice when people who know next to nothing about you are crucifying you and your business?

Another problem I see is that most of the "DSM" tuners everyone talks about ( and uses to attack Vinshu products/performance) are more drag strip guys than complete tuners. Vinshu don't 1/4 cars, they build performance cars. If I wanted a 1/4 mile car, I wouldn't use AWD, the parasitic lose is too great. The cars that were at the Car & Driver Super Tuner Shootput were from big name tuners whose cars are as comfortable on the track as they driving around the street, such reputed tuners as Hennesy and Mosler to name a couple. And who was the only EVO tuner invited? Yep, thats right, Vinshu, so even more hate will be coming out when that issue hits the stands and it's broadcast on Spike TV. The Shiv haters will beside themselves, they will probably challenge the numbers that C&D came up with, figuring some how Shiv tampered with them. I only wish I was joking, just wait and see.

I have to say I have seen more kiddie drama regarding Vinshu in the past 2 years than I can remember being throw at any other tuner. I remember Dinan had a lot of haters, it seems the more successful you are, the bigger the target you are.

Finally, is it possible that an engine Vinshu worked on blew up? Of course it is. Perhaps there was an assembly error, perhaps the programing was incorrect, perhaps a fuel map for 100 oct was in the XEDE when using 91 oct. I know a Supra that did that very thing, forgot to switch maps on his Motec and drove a little too hard, major detonation, good bye motor! My point is that there are many reasons why a motor could have blown, and I doubt that anybody who has modified more than a couple can honestly say that they have never had an engine grenade. Oh, I forgot that it could have been one of those engines that seem to have bad rods, there have been a few EVOs that have had rod failure.

BTW, I am not a Vinshu customer, though I have talked to them about potentially doing work of my car (as I have with a few other companies). I just like to be open minded and look at all the options available. I think the current Shiv bash regards to where he stuck his temperature probe is bordering on the desperate or Robi's desire to turn a discussion regarding trail braking into a Shiv smear just kinda sad.

gaughtboost
08-25-2004, 02:22 PM
shiv was coo to me too. i got the x flash, and damn i got to say that i really regret that i didn't get it sooner.

vishnu_evo8
08-25-2004, 03:20 PM
buzzard basically stated what i was about to post next.. success breeds jealousy. Not getting invited to participate in cnd one lap is the equivelent to not getting invited to the big graduation party at school.. the people that dont go are gonna be pissed. :D

vishnu_evo8
08-25-2004, 03:23 PM
oh btw another track day completed @ 410hp running 25lbs of boost on 110running 2 min flat laps on infineon and my vishnu stage 1 plus car sounds like new(except for the incredibly lumpy idle cuz of the cams)

if someone can tell me how to post a video ill post the camera footage its pretty cool

robi
08-25-2004, 04:53 PM
One Lap isn't an invitational..You pay your $$'s and go. and our OTC times on street tires green track 320 HP 18 psi motor let go on the 7th lap were just a few seconds faster Reread the Trailbrake post and note at which point shiv got in the middle never mentioned a thing about him prior to him chiming in with his lies.

hagakure
08-25-2004, 05:06 PM
Sharky, there is also a huge jealousy factor, though most of them would be loath to admit it. They used to bash him for being in SCC all time, now that they are in SCC they seemed to have forgot all about that. Add to this the fact that Vinshu is the only tuner in the US (that I'm aware of) that has recieved EVOs (2 so far and a MR in Oct) from Mitsu gratis (that means FREE) and you can see what pisses off so many. Sure, Shiv can be a undiplomatic but I have always found very easy to talk to. And who feels like being nice when people who know next to nothing about you are crucifying you and your business?

Another problem I see is that most of the "DSM" tuners everyone talks about ( and uses to attack Vinshu products/performance) are more drag strip guys than complete tuners. Vinshu don't 1/4 cars, they build performance cars. If I wanted a 1/4 mile car, I wouldn't use AWD, the parasitic lose is too great. The cars that were at the Car & Driver Super Tuner Shootput were from big name tuners whose cars are as comfortable on the track as they driving around the street, such reputed tuners as Hennesy and Mosler to name a couple. And who was the only EVO tuner invited? Yep, thats right, Vinshu, so even more hate will be coming out when that issue hits the stands and it's broadcast on Spike TV. The Shiv haters will beside themselves, they will probably challenge the numbers that C&D came up with, figuring some how Shiv tampered with them. I only wish I was joking, just wait and see.

I have to say I have seen more kiddie drama regarding Vinshu in the past 2 years than I can remember being throw at any other tuner. I remember Dinan had a lot of haters, it seems the more successful you are, the bigger the target you are.

Finally, is it possible that an engine Vinshu worked on blew up? Of course it is. Perhaps there was an assembly error, perhaps the programing was incorrect, perhaps a fuel map for 100 oct was in the XEDE when using 91 oct. I know a Supra that did that very thing, forgot to switch maps on his Motec and drove a little too hard, major detonation, good bye motor! My point is that there are many reasons why a motor could have blown, and I doubt that anybody who has modified more than a couple can honestly say that they have never had an engine grenade. Oh, I forgot that it could have been one of those engines that seem to have bad rods, there have been a few EVOs that have had rod failure.

BTW, I am not a Vinshu customer, though I have talked to them about potentially doing work of my car (as I have with a few other companies). I just like to be open minded and look at all the options available. I think the current Shiv bash regards to where he stuck his temperature probe is bordering on the desperate or Robi's desire to turn a discussion regarding trail braking into a Shiv smear just kinda sad.

This is going to open a huge can of worms. I think what a lot of folks react to concerning the guy is the huge amount of arrogance that just emanates from him. I remember when WORKS had their first Dyno day In Fremont at ATP. Shiv shows up in his shop car, pulls up like a Rock star, and proceeds to offer folks rides in his car, Dyno his heavily modified car, and generally just take the opportunity to show his supposed superiority. It was truly bad form in my opinion, but this seems par for the course. He is always going to have a lot of support, because he is charming, smart, manipulative, and a shrewd( notice I did not say good, because that encompases a wide universe of ethical behavior that I am not sure he subcribes to) business man. It's all sharks and Jets gents, and everybody has the right to feel about this dude however they want. I'm not a big fan, but I'll certainly attend the driving school if it gets put together.

Peace.

Percy Howard

warpspeed
08-25-2004, 05:11 PM
Well since this seems to be going back and forth about Vishnu, I wonder if Nebo would like to repost his experience with Vishnu? :wink:

vishnu_evo8
08-25-2004, 07:03 PM
wow shiv is charming i cant wait to tell him that. lol but i suppose he is a bit arrogant but i feel that if you produce you have some leeway and can afford to a bit. again i have never heard him say anything derogatory or cuss anyone out so in my eyes hes a guy thats confident that his product is superior and he advertises in that manor.. and i can understand if this rubs some people the wrong way, but in life its impossible to do anythign without making SOMEONE angry in some way.

JanSolo
08-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Shiv has sworn out a couple of people (ask Ryan McDonald aka 2fast2furious, RyanMCD3, DynoKing, etc. on EvoM), but I am not sure if that guy had it coming or not.

nebolic
08-25-2004, 09:01 PM
I don't think its necessary for me to post my experience with Shiv (again), all that I can say is that, I once was a xflash customer, but not anymore. Like you said, he can't please everyone in this world, and I was one of the more unpleasant customer he had, so we'll leave it at that.

Nebo

My 2 cents is that every tuner is great, it's just a matter of preference for each individual, just like some people like to shop at Banana Republic and some like Armani. Also, there's really no point in arguing about the subject since it's always he said this and I said this kind of fight. If you're happy with your car, then thumbs up, regardless of who tuned it. :)

DB8GSR
08-25-2004, 09:59 PM
vishnu_evo8.. glad everything worked out and happy the way shiv does his work. I myself been happy since the first few days he released his x-flash to the public. All I can say is that Shiv knows his stuff when it comes to tooning. It's one of those tooners that sets your confidence level high knowing that your getting a good toon after. It's definitely the quality of tooning is where my money goes to.

:D

ob4
08-27-2004, 03:11 AM
Lately, I've been reading a lot of tuner soap opera in other forums... It's like my midnight dose of Days of our lives... I think that we have the most civilized forums of all... I guess we are just a mellow group :) and i like it that way.

-ob4

warpspeed
08-27-2004, 08:30 AM
Lately, I've been reading a lot of tuner soap opera in other forums... It's like my midnight dose of Days of our lives... I think that we have the most civilized forums of all... I guess we are just a mellow group :) and i like it that way.

-ob4

That's why I love this forum. Alot of drama :D

garrick70
08-27-2004, 09:26 PM
My 2 cents is that every tuner is great, it's just a matter of preference for each individual, just like some people like to shop at Banana Republic and some like Armani. Also, there's really no point in arguing about the subject since it's always he said this and I said this kind of fight. If you're happy with your car, then thumbs up, regardless of who tuned it. :)

Great post Nebo. I like to think everyone is welcome on this forum no matter who their tuner of choice is.

evo_dadi
08-27-2004, 09:55 PM
everyone is welcome here but some of the things going on at evom gets brought here and it kinda disappoints some of the people that goes here.

JanSolo
08-27-2004, 10:44 PM
I completely agree with Marcel. I am sure we would all prefer to keep EvoM stuff off of here.

Buzzard
08-28-2004, 02:17 PM
This is going to open a huge can of worms. I think what a lot of folks react to concerning the guy is the huge amount of arrogance that just emanates from him. I remember when WORKS had their first Dyno day In Fremont at ATP. Shiv shows up in his shop car, pulls up like a Rock star, and proceeds to offer folks rides in his car, Dyno his heavily modified car, and generally just take the opportunity to show his supposed superiority. It was truly bad form in my opinion, but this seems par for the course. He is always going to have a lot of support, because he is charming, smart, manipulative, and a shrewd( notice I did not say good, because that encompases a wide universe of ethical behavior that I am not sure he subcribes to) business man. It's all sharks and Jets gents, and everybody has the right to feel about this dude however they want. I'm not a big fan, but I'll certainly attend the driving school if it gets put together.

Peace.

Percy Howard

Percy, Percy, Percy, what are we going to do with you. You keep telling everyone to refrain from internet bickering but, once again, here you are flaming away. I'd suggest you start following what you preach before you have the audacity tell anyone what to do.

How many times have you talked to Shiv or anyone at Vinshu? Ever? Shiv was invited to show up and did so to show that his HP numbers were not BS as so many had claimed. For the short time I was there, he showed no "Rock Star" attitude to me or anyone else. You know him well enough to determine how ethical he is? That is one of the most arrogant, perposterous things I have seen on these forums. Wow, I wasn't aware GOD lived in California, since only HE has the power see into the souls of mankind (if you believe in that kind of thing). Please direct me to the Church of Percy website so I can begin my repentence.

And if your basing these assumptions by what you read on some forums, that has about as much validlty as telling you that the sky is pink and you believing me as Gospel. Yes, Nebo had a problem with XFLash but, afaik, he's the only one who is a regular on this board that has had any real issue with Vinshu that isn't a member of the Shiv Haters Club. Remember, there are two sides to every story but you will only get one side here. Maybe there are others who don't bother making a public issue of a private business transaction but that can be said for any shop or tuner.

Sorry Percy, nothing personal, but if your going to keep making these hypocritical statements, I will keep pointing them out. Remember, you are the one who stated you were going to refrain from these kinds of inflammatory posts.

vishnu_evo8
08-30-2004, 04:19 PM
so i had my first problem with my car.. and lol it was funny! i was gonna race a 550 hp cobra in front of a huge audience.. i launched hard on him got off to a 1 -1.5 car length head start (as to be expected) and then as i shifted to 2nd and reved past 5k.. my turbo started dumpin all boost it did this in 3rd and al gears of course i lost hard and i was embarassed as hell. so i call shiv in the morning crying about how i think my car is broken.. he then asks me if i have lost the fastners for teh intake ram scoop that goes into the air box and after figuring out what he meant (im a moron when it comes to cars) i took off that little elbow piece and ran the car and alas it was fixed!! he told me to fix it with tape untill i got 2 new fastners from mitsu. Lol i am impressed that after all the abuse ive given my car that was the only problem ive ever had with it.

hagakure
08-30-2004, 04:51 PM
If you read carefully I started my post with the statement "this is going to open a huge can of worms"...guess it did. It's your perogative to view me as being hypocritical. So be it. And what I wrote was not "flaming" as I understand it, it was my perception of this guy's persona as I saw it, and an attempt to explain what I THINK people react to concerning him. Pure and simple. I don't know him, so no, I cannot speak to his peronsla ethics, just what I have seen of SOME public behavior, not all of it, since I don't follow the guy around. But, your admonision is well taken, because, at the end of the day, I don't give a rat's ass about any of this crap, and do need to learn to keep my mouth shut. So to that degree, you are right.

Percy

Peace.

Percy Howard

Percy, Percy, Percy, what are we going to do with you. You keep telling everyone to refrain from internet bickering but, once again, here you are flaming away. I'd suggest you start following what you preach before you have the audacity tell anyone what to do.

How many times have you talked to Shiv or anyone at Vinshu? Ever? Shiv was invited to show up and did so to show that his HP numbers were not BS as so many had claimed. For the short time I was there, he showed no "Rock Star" attitude to me or anyone else. You know him well enough to determine how ethical he is? That is one of the most arrogant, perposterous things I have seen on these forums. Wow, I wasn't aware GOD lived in California, since only HE has the power see into the souls of mankind (if you believe in that kind of thing). Please direct me to the Church of Percy website so I can begin my repentence.

And if your basing these assumptions by what you read on some forums, that has about as much validlty as telling you that the sky is pink and you believing me as Gospel. Yes, Nebo had a problem with XFLash but, afaik, he's the only one who is a regular on this board that has had any real issue with Vinshu that isn't a member of the Shiv Haters Club. Remember, there are two sides to every story but you will only get one side here. Maybe there are others who don't bother making a public issue of a private business transaction but that can be said for any shop or tuner.

Sorry Percy, nothing personal, but if your going to keep making these hypocritical statements, I will keep pointing them out. Remember, you are the one who stated you were going to refrain from these kinds of inflammatory posts.

brwnrice
08-30-2004, 05:20 PM
tick...tick.....tick......is it time to close this thread? 8)

GReddy_917
08-30-2004, 06:26 PM
tick...tick.....tick......is it time to close this thread? 8)

Seriously...threads like this are like stepping in dog shit...everyone tries to avoid it...and just as soon as its not even something you're thinking about...BAM...the same shit all over again.

nebolic
08-30-2004, 07:48 PM
i just cleaned up the dog pooped and put it in the doggy poop bag. no more poopoo :)

Nebo