PDA

View Full Version : I got pulled over doing 110 in a 35 two nights ago

Full Function
07-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Hey folks,

So the other night, i decided to go out for a ride with my bike. I was riding around an industrial area, and it was pretty late, so i decided to do some WOT pulls. The first pull I do, no problems, I cruise around to make sure no cops are around again, my bike has the stock exhaust on it, so it's pretty quiet. After a few minutes I do it again one street over because some cars turned into the street I was in. I get to about 110-ish in second gear, before I even get to the meaty part of the power band, and I see red and blue. It was a local police officer, I sat on the bike, waited for him to give me instructions after turning off the bike so he doesnt think I'm reaching for a gun or anything. He walked up from behind me, taps my shoulder, and says "boy you must be crazy!!!" So I'm thinking that translates to "this bike is going to the impound and you are coming with me". I pull off the helmet after asking, and he is just walking around the bike. "Are you waiting for your plates or did you just not want to put them on for tonight's speed run?" I told him I have not received it yet, and he says "I'm sure you had no idea how fast you were going, so I'll show you" and grabs the radar display from the car. It said 113mph. "Is this one of the infamous R1 demons my nephew has been talking about?" says the officer. "Yes sir, I got it not too long ago, and wanted to spread it's wings, I had no idea I was going that fast." He then says to me "hell, if I was going that fast, i wouldn't be looking down either!" Asks for my license, I give it to him, he hands it back, and says "take it easy, I know what it's like to get a new toy and want to play, but take it to the track son." I couldn't believe what was going on.... Before I can get my helmet back on, he pulls back into the drive way he came out of and turned his headlights off. Lady luck was definitely on my side that night...

jerry

stockEVO8
07-11-2007, 05:06 PM
wow...u should've bought a lotto ticket!

whtrice
07-11-2007, 05:11 PM
:shock:

Ben
07-11-2007, 05:14 PM
That cop must have been having a very good day.

Full Function
07-11-2007, 05:15 PM
wow...u should've bought a lotto ticket!

yeah, i should have... that was the nicest cop... EVER. I've been pulled over by my friends that are cops, and it always used to scare me. Now it's become habitual to get pulled over.

Jerry

evosti
07-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Damn jerry you're a lucky fuck :) I got a ticket for not using my blinker in my car :)

ReSin
07-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Lady luck was watching over you...

Dennis

Matz
07-11-2007, 05:56 PM

Limeyboy
07-11-2007, 05:57 PM
lucky! he musta been hiding out in a quiet area smoking the pot he just confiscated off some kid ;)

wilson1
07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
wow!

tkeirin
07-11-2007, 06:49 PM

you were really lucky :D

dabaysevo
07-11-2007, 06:55 PM
The cop must have just gotten laid by some hot chick for him to be in such a good mood. Â*Lucky bastard.

Full Function
07-11-2007, 07:22 PM
The cop must have just gotten laid by some hot chick for him to be in such a good mood. Lucky bastard.

yeah, I was kind of disturbed when everything was said and done... I found myself asking "what the hell just happened there?" but it's not like I was going to flag the officer back and as him if he was sure he wanted to let me go.

jerry

jaytan
07-11-2007, 07:27 PM
you're............very very lucky.

smokinevo9
07-11-2007, 07:35 PM
u should have taken his ass to a strip joint................................

mtsevovii
07-11-2007, 07:43 PM
you should have asked him if he wanted to race!

chrisw
07-11-2007, 07:58 PM
that's what you get for pulling over and waiting...

you lucky bastard.... :)

hasetak
07-11-2007, 08:01 PM
u should have taken his ass to a strip joint................................

or at least bought him a beer (after his shift of course)

overdrive
07-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Your really lucky bro! Somebody is definitely watching over your shoulder...

craziazzmofo66
07-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Damn jerry you're a lucky fuck :) I got a ticket for not using my blinker in my car :)

i got that once too.......lol!!

but damn!! talk about good luck!

steevo8
07-11-2007, 09:41 PM
I had the same thing happen to me on my way to sears point but I got cought doing 134mph... He ended up giving me a ticket for no mirrors lol. i think thats a once in a life time thing though.

esco
07-12-2007, 08:39 AM
thats a very cool cop. you coulda been arrested and lost ur bike for over 100.

MarkSAE
07-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Wow! If only all cops were that nice... hehe..

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-12-2007, 10:40 AM
:shock: you lucky ass, Jerry!! D:

8) i hate you...

peter
07-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Before I can get my helmet back on, he pulls back into the drive way he came out of and turned his headlights off.

probably why he's having a good night if you know what i mean ;)

spoolin
07-12-2007, 10:53 AM
I guarantee you... If you had been driving an EVO instead of your bike, things probably would've ended up a lot worse :wink:. God hates the evo

byt
07-12-2007, 10:57 AM
wow, not to hate on you Jerry cuz it seems like you're a cool guy but 110 in a 35 zone is pretty damn reckless IMHO

just imagine what could have happened if the cop that you did not see had pulled out in your lane with his lights off while you were wot...

dl_EVO
07-12-2007, 12:19 PM
You should of gave that cop a hug...

lol

jaydm73
07-12-2007, 12:57 PM
lucky

jeffreywrc
07-12-2007, 05:15 PM
this kind of lucky thing never happened on me........sign

Full Function
07-16-2007, 11:04 AM
I guarantee you... If you had been driving an EVO instead of your bike, things probably would've ended up a lot worse :wink:. God hates the evo

God hates WRXs just the same... When I had mine, I got a ticket for doing 153 in a 70, had four cars including the CHP Camaro chasing me down (and I didnt even know it). Yes, I was really lucky that night. BYT, I know it was reckless, but that's why i went to an idustrial area with no one around. I should have rode up and down before making the pass, but oh well, it's over with. I'm going to try to make it to a couple track events, but I have to get a suit to do so, which is great safety-wise, but horrible looking on me.

jerry

dl_EVO
07-16-2007, 11:58 AM
153 in a 70? Jesus christ!!

I'm surprised your not in jail as some big dudes boyfriend in a cold jail cell. lol!

J/K

Full Function
07-18-2007, 12:03 PM
153 in a 70? Jesus christ!!

I'm surprised your not in jail as some big dudes boyfriend in a cold jail cell. lol!

J/K

Yeah, actually, it was pretty funny. This was right after the first D1 at Irwindale, and I had not slept the night before. I was totally wired on like 7 red bulls and coffee. I had two girls in the car that were modeling, with no back seat in the car, just a bag of clothes and roll cage padding. When I was pulled over, the officer came over at gun point and told me to get out of the car and everything. After everything was all said and done, one of them came over and was like "we have two options, you can either come with us, and have your car driven back home by one of the girls while you sit in jail (no tow truck in the area that was a flat bed), or you can drive home since the these girls need to get home at 10mph under the speed limit. YOU make the choice." The worst thing was having to go back after for court... in Los Banos.

Jerry

06IXMR
07-18-2007, 08:37 PM
So you just took a ticket and drove the girls home? Lol

crctslt
07-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Jerry you owe police in general a Christmas card :shock:

Limeyboy
07-19-2007, 01:45 PM
byt does make a valid point, 110 in 35 is a bit much. However, OP did point out the time of night, the location etc. Im sure we have all gone for rips or logging runs in industrial areas at night for the fact that theres no one there. You just don't expect a cop to spring out with a radar gun.

flyin_low
07-19-2007, 02:40 PM
well jerry, you beat me. I was only doing like a 100mph back there. :-)

Full Function
07-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Jerry you owe police in general a Christmas card :shock:

I donate generous amounts every year during Christmas and support their fund raisers for local children's events. I guess I'll be sending them a bit more this year. hahahaha

Jerry

Full Function
07-19-2007, 03:39 PM
So you just took a ticket and drove the girls home? Lol

actually, I had to take them to work... they had no sleep and we stopped at my house for them to get cleaned up and borrowed some of my girlfriend's clothes (she wasn't too happy about that) and went to work from there.

Jerry

Full Function
07-19-2007, 03:40 PM
well jerry, you beat me. I was only doing like a 100mph back there. :-)

Actually, William, the area we took your car to was much longer and wider. I think you hit the top of fourth gear in your car that time... hahahaa

Jerry

VINO EVO
08-18-2007, 02:36 PM
I got a ticket for driving with my hooded sweatshirt on in minnesota, cops out here seem to be alright so far

IlovemyevoIX
08-18-2007, 10:09 PM
must've been a Union City Cop? doesnt sound like a fremont, newark or hayward cop because they will drop your ass to the ground.

player67
08-19-2007, 07:17 PM
must've been a Union City Cop? doesnt sound like a fremont, newark or hayward cop because they will drop your ass to the ground.

+1 thats the fucking truth the first time I ever got pulled over in the evo was in fremont and I got cuffed to the floor because he THOUGHT I was trying to evade. Got a point for evading and a point because it was 3 days before my year was up and it being 2 minutes passed 11 or 12 I forgot. BTW I guess exiting the highway to find a shoulder to pull over on is evading =\ I did pass him at about 130 though but once I was actually in his site I was doing 70...should akept going 130...

IlovemyevoIX
08-19-2007, 08:37 PM

+1 thats the fucking truth the first time I ever got pulled over in the evo was in fremont and I got cuffed to the floor because he THOUGHT I was trying to evade. Got a point for evading and a point because it was 3 days before my year was up and it being 2 minutes passed 11 or 12 I forgot. BTW I guess exiting the highway to find a shoulder to pull over on is evading =\ I did pass him at about 130 though but once I was actually in his site I was doing 70...should akept going 130...

dammm, strait manhandled

Full Function
08-20-2007, 11:58 AM

It was actually a Hayward cop.

ST
08-20-2007, 12:04 PM
reminds me of the time i took my 600rr track bike, with track fairings (no headlights/no plates/full raced) on the street up calaveras mountains with my friend. Down one of the front straights, I pulled a wheelie along side my friend on the other side of the lane to mess around...too bad i didn't see the motorcycle cop down the road who promptly pulled me over. After giving me a lecture about safety, speeding, showboating, etc., he only gave me a fix it ticket for not having plates! :)

Full Function
08-20-2007, 04:22 PM
reminds me of the time i took my 600rr track bike, with track fairings (no headlights/no plates/full raced) on the street up calaveras mountains with my friend. Down one of the front straights, I pulled a wheelie along side my friend on the other side of the lane to mess around...too bad i didn't see the motorcycle cop down the road who promptly pulled me over. After giving me a lecture about safety, speeding, showboating, etc., he only gave me a fix it ticket for not having plates! :)

I think you just beat me with luck power... damnit, i lost!

IlovemyevoIX
08-20-2007, 07:58 PM

It was actually a Hayward cop.

ahhhhhh

MaxKanisha
10-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Damn, awesome story! Definitely got lucky.. Cop sounds pretty cool too.

DirectorSe7en
11-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Lucky ass. I passed a cop on the 92 freeway doing 123mph and after I slowed he caught up waaaaay later. Pulled me over and told me he' write me a ticket saying I was doing 99 so they didn't take my car. Lucky me.

That's 4 speeding tickets for me since January this year. I should cool it.

joshesh
11-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Lucky ass. I passed a cop on the 92 freeway doing 123mph and after I slowed he caught up waaaaay later. Pulled me over and told me he' write me a ticket saying I was doing 99 so they didn't take my car. Lucky me.

That's 4 speeding tickets for me since January this year. I should cool it.

I think your looking at some lic. suspension, so they will make you cool it even if you dont want to.

edwards_379
11-06-2007, 11:25 PM
we all get that one free pass at least once
always seems like it is the time that we are really fucked

esco
11-06-2007, 11:33 PM

still waiting on mine......about 15 different tickets later. I couldnt even get away from a small crack on the window of my old vw. and my plate from over seas.

edwards_379
11-07-2007, 04:55 PM

still waiting on mine......about 15 different tickets later. I couldnt even get away from a small crack on the window of my old vw. and my plate from over seas.

thats not big enough, it has to be something huge