PDA

View Full Version : police trying to race?

esco
07-16-2007, 01:07 AM
I was on coloma in rancho cordova the other nite, sitting a light in the front waiting for it to turn green, and soon as it does a local sheriff is right next to me and Im doing 35, havent got up to the 40 yet and he lunges forward and back twice near my driver door as to get me to go. Then, he looks at me and Im like "WTF?, ahhh...this would be funny but no thanks" then he slams on the gas and takes off (to about 75mph on the 40 mph road). Next light, I pull next to him again and he just smiles at me, so i rolled my eyes and turned right. And BTW, he had another cop with him. So Im sooo lost as to wtf they were trying to accomplish.

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-16-2007, 01:26 AM
they were bored.... i don't get cops sometimes..

AWDrift
07-16-2007, 01:50 AM
LOL! i would of loved to see that :lol:

mjstruck
07-16-2007, 04:49 AM
They were probably trying to get you to race them so they can pull you over for street racing. Sounds messed up, but I read somewhere on here they can do that.

steevo8
07-16-2007, 07:04 AM
If it was a deputy then chances are that he had no intentions of pulling you over and was just having a little fun. Sometimes people forget that leo's are human and can actually enjoy being silly or imature from time to time. Most of the time they come off like dicks cause their job forces them to but at the end of the day they are still human.

crctslt
07-16-2007, 09:33 AM
^ nuh uh. :lol:

PANGES
07-16-2007, 10:40 AM

+1. :D

wilson1
07-16-2007, 10:44 AM

+1. :D
+1

uhoh_evo
07-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Some of my friends are in the academy for police er CHP and they are cool guys. They are even the ones to say they always wanted to test the law. Of the dozen er so times I've been pulled over, only two were rude. I agree w/ the comment "they are human". Â*Of the new cops, one was a newbie. Seemed nervous when I asked questions then just got mad. The other must've had a bad day. Rude from the start.

But... Yes. They can instigate things.

peter
07-16-2007, 01:44 PM
but at the end of the day they are still human.

you're kiddin right....they actually have a heart?

SilverStreak
07-17-2007, 04:03 PM
its not unheard of. A lot of cops in Milpitas used to do that.

The "cool" ones just ran you and left. The "others" pulled you over and wrote you up for it. Apparently there's some loophole where entrapment doesn't work because you "agreed" to race with them, therefore waived your rights.

steevo8
07-17-2007, 05:09 PM
entrapment is classified as: presenting the opportunity to break the law that the average citizen would not refuse. So basically if you could prove that almost everyone would race a cop that tried to race them on the street, then you could claim entrapment.

ZK
07-17-2007, 05:43 PM
My old manager at a previous job said he got a ticket from a cop trying to race him. The cop pulled up to his Mustang on the highway and said "that car must be pretty quick huh?" The cop took off and then slowed down for him. Next time the cop took off, he got on the gas too. As soon as he passed the cop, they pulled him over and gave him a speeding ticket...

IlovemyevoIX
08-12-2007, 01:02 PM
when i used to work for the chp we always would try and lure people to race us espically in the camaro.....fun times

player67
08-12-2007, 02:06 PM
when i used to work for the chp we always would try and lure people to race us espically in the camaro.....fun times

that JUST happened to me on 80 towards vallejo....daylight 12pm the guys pull next to me in a chp camaro and mash then brake and come next to me again and smile. Me being scared shitless of cops sometimes I just keep staring at the road after I looked once. And then he does it once more then pulls on the shoulder to post....wtf mate!? o_O

IlovemyevoIX
08-12-2007, 02:14 PM

that JUST happened to me on 80 towards vallejo....daylight 12pm the guys pull next to me in a chp camaro and mash then brake and come next to me again and smile. Me being scared shitless of cops sometimes I just keep staring at the road after I looked once. And then he does it once more then pulls on the shoulder to post....wtf mate!? o_O

somtimes we get a little bored...and it never fails, noone ever tries to race a cop...the camaro is not even that fast i have to admit....but you know what they say, a radio is faster than any car i know.

chrisw
08-12-2007, 02:21 PM
They were probably trying to get you to race them so they can pull you over for street racing. Sounds messed up, but I read somewhere on here they can do that.

they can't do that. It's called entrapment. Any half-assed lawyer could get you off.

uhoh_evo
08-12-2007, 05:25 PM
I know of entrapment but isn't there still some sort of criteria that has to be met that let's us get off the hook? For example, can I always just say that they were messin w/ me and i'm good?

ReSin
08-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Just give the popo the finger...and mouth..."Street racing is for fags!!!"

Dennis

warpspeed
08-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Like I always say, laws are enforced in what ever way the cops want to do it. The can either enforce it or bend it to their benefit. Good example is the db law about car exhaust. The law says that it has to be 95db or below but it is up to the law officer's discretion if it is loud.

esco
08-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Like I always say, laws are enforced in what ever way the cops want to do it. The can either enforce it or bend it to their benefit. Good example is the db law about car exhaust. The law says that it has to be 95db or below but it is up to the law officer's discretion if it is loud.

The cop showed up in court for mine and I asked him what he used to determine my vehicle was over 95db while in his tahoe on the freeway. Then i pointed out he didnt know how to write a ticket, and BAR said my car was 10db quiter @ 4750rpm. So I thanked him for wasting a day of work and my time and gas on a spare the air day.

steevo8
08-13-2007, 05:25 PM
trying to race you is not intrapment, if you absolutly need me to I can look up the deffanition but trust me its not.

ST
08-13-2007, 05:38 PM
trying to race you is not intrapment, if you absolutly need me to I can look up the deffanition but trust me its not.

whether it is or is not entrapment, it is still his word against yours. in court, a police officer's word will fly, yours won't.

PANGES
08-13-2007, 05:54 PM

whether it is or is not entrapment, it is still his word against yours. in court, a police officer's word will fly, yours won't.

Moral of the story: Sure, pigs may not be able to fly, but their words sure can.

The day you can prove this moral wrong is the day pigs can fly.Â* ;)

ST
08-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Moral of the story: Sure, pigs may not be able to fly, but their words sure can.

The day you can prove this moral wrong is the day pigs can fly. ;)

Speaking of pigs flying and morals.....just watched Scorce's "Departed" ;)