PDA

View Full Version : Speeding... :(

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-22-2007, 06:44 PM
So.... I was driving back to Santa Cruz at 80mph which was the speed of traffic and a CHP picked me off after Hamilton Blvd. :(

This is my LAST POINT so my license will be suspended.. I'm wondering if there's anythign I can do to keep the court from making this go through. Offer community service or just a really sob story. :cry:

The officer said he paced me at 80mph but that seems to be from a really far distance because last I checked he was more than 10 cars behind me (i caught a glimpse of him in my driver mirror for an instance and thot I was hallucinating :lol: ) I was having an awesome weekend until this point... I feel like i'm not allowed to have fun anymore because something like this always seems to happen to me. :x

agh... rant off.. -_-

P.S. I think my CRV is cursed...

mtsevovii
07-22-2007, 06:46 PM
ouch...

Vicious
07-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Depends on how many times you have done traffic school and when the last time you did it.

Not many people are aware that there are THREE levels of traffic school.

Level 1= 8 hour course
Level 2= 16 hour course
Level 3= You must go to court to get recommended for this one by a judge, and it's 40 hours.

If you have not been to a traffic school in the last 6 months, try one of those.

dl_EVO
07-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Lawyer up! I'm serious, I think I told you before after the last CRV speeding ticket.

The lawyer will get you out of it but it will cost you..

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-22-2007, 06:51 PM
how would you request one of the level 2 or 3??

Darren: yeah i remember...

mtsevovii
07-22-2007, 06:52 PM
Lawyer up! I'm serious, I think I told you before after the last CRV speeding ticket.

The lawyer will get you out of it but it will cost you..

plus one.

dl_EVO
07-22-2007, 06:55 PM
My friend is going through the same situation, he rolled/ran a stop and got a speeding ticket in one month. He is facing suspension just like you. He is lawyering up..

steevo8
07-22-2007, 07:47 PM
I dont know about the whole level 1,2,3 thing as thats all new to me but the only real sullution i see is to lawyer up. it works but it costs.

MadEvo
07-22-2007, 07:48 PM
So how you gonna make it to the DC/SF meets?

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-22-2007, 07:56 PM
So how you gonna make it to the DC/SF meets?

:(

dl_EVO
07-22-2007, 08:00 PM
With his new BMW...

Bus Muni Walk....

LOL! Sorry Ryan! I had too!

dabaysevo
07-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Dude how can you get in so much trouble with a CRV!? Â*Doesn't it have cruise control?

TogueMonster
07-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Sorry to hear that Ryan.Â* Â*What were you trying to race this time?Â* :wink:

evo_dadi
07-22-2007, 09:05 PM
damn ryan slow down bro!!you should know better that 17/880 is chpville.even if the traffic is going 80mph switch to the right lane :P :lol:

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Dude how can you get in so much trouble with a CRV!? Doesn't it have cruise control?

it does... guess i got to into my music and forgot to use it... (usually used to)...

With his new BMW...

Bus Muni Walk....

LOL! Sorry Ryan! I had too!

:lol:! damn you Darren!!! D:

Sorry to hear that Ryan. What were you trying to race this time? :wink:

I wasn't racing, Martinez. I was qualifying! ;) Nah I was trying to get back to SC quick so I could belt out my powerpoint presentation so I don't have to worry about it later... Now i have a lot more to worry about.. :( That cop almost rear ended me tho... He came up on my at like 90mph w/o lights on. :shock:

damn ryan slow down bro!!you should know better that 17/880 is chpville.even if the traffic is going 80mph switch to the right lane :P :lol:

I'll remember that in 6 months. -_-

esco
07-22-2007, 09:45 PM
1.) lawyer.
2.) try and fight it and hope he doesnt show up.
3.) plead, beg and kick and scream
4.) still drive
5.) try and get jury duty asap during the date and keep r/s it.

I have heard they give you a window to turn it in, or wait at least one week or less before the court , go to dmw, pay them 50 bucks and say u lost yours, they will send it to you in the mail but for a fee. that way the police have one, you have one. Shiet son. pump ur brakes.....and slow down!!!LOL

wilson1
07-22-2007, 09:55 PM
damn, ryan!

Sorry to hear.

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-22-2007, 09:56 PM
I guess I'll try to do TBD as usual... I'll pay the fine I just don't want/can't get the point.. I need to be able to drive for school... :?

esco
07-22-2007, 09:58 PM
I guess I'll try to do TBD as usual... I'll pay the fine I just don't want/can't get the point.. I need to be able to drive for school... :?

i have heard the last part about dmv working....

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-22-2007, 10:04 PM

esco could you please go into detail. I'm not really understanding what you're proposing.. :? What am i supposed to have lost?

dl_EVO
07-22-2007, 11:24 PM
Good Luck Ryan, I hope everything works out and you don't lose your license.

I know how much you love to drive..

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Good Luck Ryan, I hope everything works out and you don't lose your license.

I know how much you love to drive..

lol thanks Darren. =\ I really gotta invest in some kinda shock system for everytime i got over 65mph..

dl_EVO
07-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Why don't you just drive with your mother in the car. Everytime you get on it, she yells at you. :lol:

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-22-2007, 11:34 PM
har har. I already do. she yells as me for 66... :?

dl_EVO
07-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Actually, I was kinda serious. I don't think it's doable because she probably works. But, yeah...

I use to get a lot of speeding tickets but what I've stopped doing is cutting in and out of traffic.

Cutting in and out attracts a lot of attention to you..

Ever since I stopped doing that, no speeding tickets at all. It's been over 3 years now. *knock on wood*

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Actually, I was kinda serious. I don't think it's doable because she probably works. But, yeah...

I use to get a lot of speeding tickets but what I've stopped doing is cutting in and out of traffic.

Cutting in and out attracts a lot of attention to you..

Ever since I stopped doing that, no speeding tickets at all. It's been over 3 years now. *knock on wood*

haha Darren. If you're on teh road with me more you'll know that I don't cut traffic. I was in the fast lane just going fast.. :( Damn Honda engines for being so friggin revvy... :x

esco
07-23-2007, 08:28 AM

a few days b4 court, go to dmv. tell them you misplaced your license, take new photos if neccesary, pay them 50 bucks or so.

then you have court. you lose your license. a week or so later you recieve one from dmv in the mail.

give one license, get a new one. LOL

esco could you please go into detail. I'm not really understanding what you're proposing.. :? What am i supposed to have lost?

a few days b4 court, go to dmv. tell them you misplaced your license, take new photos if neccesary, pay them 50 bucks or so.

then you have court. you lose your license. a week or so later you recieve one from dmv in the mail.

hasetak
07-23-2007, 09:41 AM
In your case I think Lawyering up would be your best solution, because for me I would get one point for you, you will loose your licence.

How did he "clock" you?Â* Radar, Lazer or did he pace you.Â* If he Paced you he has to follow you at the exact same distance for 1/4 to 1/2 a mile for the speed he says you were doing to stand up in court. From the way it sounds he did not follow you like that, he jsut swooped and pulled you over.Â*

If you were polite to him and gave him no reason to remember you or hold a gruge then i would pleed not guilty and hope that he does,t show up.Â*

Just my 2 cents

Got this in an E-Mail I don't know if it works as I have not tried it. I was going to try if I get a ticket and I am not eligable to go to trffic school because at that point what do I have to loose.

WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET A TRAFFIC TICKET :
Â*
This advice was sent by a retired State Farm agent!Â* This system has been tried and it works in every state.
Â*
If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light, or whatever the case may be, you're going to get points on your license and a surcharge on your auto insurance.Â* This is a method to insure that you DO NOT get the points.
Â*
When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it.Â* If the fine is $79.00 make the check out for $82.00, some small amount over the fine.Â* The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference.Â* However, here is the trick: DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK!Â* Â*Throw it away!
Â*
Points are not assessed to your license until all Financial Transactions are complete.Â* If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete.Â* The system has received its money and is satisfied and will no longer bother you.
Â*
This information comes from an unmentionable computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every state.

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-23-2007, 03:17 PM

That seems so tedious tho. :shock: Thanks Iono if i'll actually do that.. :?

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-23-2007, 03:18 PM
In your case I think Lawyering up would be your best solution, because for me I would get one point for you, you will loose your licence.

How did he "clock" you? Radar, Lazer or did he pace you. If he Paced you he has to follow you at the exact same distance for 1/4 to 1/2 a mile for the speed he says you were doing to stand up in court. From the way it sounds he did not follow you like that, he jsut swooped and pulled you over.

If you were polite to him and gave him no reason to remember you or hold a gruge then i would pleed not guilty and hope that he does,t show up.

Just my 2 cents

Got this in an E-Mail I don't know if it works as I have not tried it. I was going to try if I get a ticket and I am not eligable to go to trffic school because at that point what do I have to loose.

This advice was sent by a retired State Farm agent! This system has been tried and it works in every state.

If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light, or whatever the case may be, you're going to get points on your license and a surcharge on your auto insurance. This is a method to insure that you DO NOT get the points.

When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is $79.00 make the check out for $82.00, some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference. However, here is the trick: DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK! Throw it away!

Points are not assessed to your license until all Financial Transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete. The system has received its money and is satisfied and will no longer bother you.

This information comes from an unmentionable computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every state.

As far as grudges go... my insurance papers IN the car are outdated but the insurance itself is current. :? And I speak pretty low in that kind of situation so he was a bit pissed and kept tellin me to speak up. :lol:

I wonder if that email's true. o.o

hasetak
07-23-2007, 04:21 PM
As far as grudges go... my insurance papers IN the car are outdated but the insurance itself is current. :? And I speak pretty low in that kind of situation so he was a bit pissed and kept tellin me to speak up. :lol:

Did he cite you for your insurance?Â* Either way he was upset and you were driving an evo so i don't think it would be wise to contest it because you have a better chance of the judge being lenient(spelling?) as far as letting you go to traffic school if you just plead guilty.

As far as the email goes, I have no idea.Â* I don't know any one who has tried it.

In your case i think you have 2 options:
Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* 1:Lawer up, probably your best option
Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* 2:Try what the email says and let us know how it goes.Â* For lack of a better term how big are your balls?

tam@xperformance
07-23-2007, 04:33 PM

This advice was sent by a retired State Farm agent! This system has been tried and it works in every state.

[bla bla bla bs]

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp

At what point did it not occur to you that maybe you should try driving nice and slow like a granny so you don't get your license suspended? You knew you already had 3 points on your license and you took your chances anyway, so don't try to play the victim...

My gf had her license suspended for a while. She got it back. It's not the end of the world. Your insurance will suck for a long time though. Good luck...

spoolinalltheway
07-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Basically Level 1 traffice school is for ppl that havent took traffic school the past 16 or 18 months. You can take this online. But if you took traffic school already and got another ticket within the 16 months the judge will offer you to take level 2 traffic school. This where it is half and half. It will take out the point out of your driving record but still visible in the insurance. Im taking level 2 right now ahaha...its a bitch. NO ONLINE AVAILABLE, and you have to attend two saturdays in a row.

RgistRdShowoffIX, is this your 4th point within a 12 month span?

PANGES
07-23-2007, 05:30 PM

Did he cite you for your insurance? Either way he was upset and you were driving an evo so i don't think it would be wise to contest it because you have a better chance of the judge being lenient(spelling?) as far as letting you go to traffic school if you just plead guilty.

I think he was driving his CRV at the time.

dl_EVO
07-23-2007, 05:39 PM

[bla bla bla bs]

At what point did it not occur to you that maybe you should try driving nice and slow like a granny so you don't get your license suspended? You knew you already had 3 points on your license and you took your chances anyway, so don't try to play the victim...

My gf had her license suspended for a while. She got it back. It's not the end of the world. Your insurance will suck for a long time though. Good luck...

Dang Tam, don't take off your belt now.. :lol:

mtsevovii
07-23-2007, 06:06 PM
Â*
This advice was sent by a retired State Farm agent!Â* This system has been tried and it works in every state.

[bla bla bla bs]

Dang Tam, don't take off your belt now.. :lol:

:nebolic:

:lol:

warpspeed
07-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Sorry to hear that bro. Even though the rest of the traffic is going 80 mph and you saw the CHP, I would have slowed down and screw everybody else if they started honking at me.

tam@xperformance
07-23-2007, 07:08 PM
2 points on my license, that's why I don't go any faster than about 70 mph. My gf still does 80+ despite all her points, I guess if they suspend her license I'll get to drive her '01 MR2 Spyder. :lol:

I like to have fun as much as the next guy, but I have to get my kicks at the track. Anyway for me it's not "fun" unless some amount of countersteering is involved. ;)

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Sorry to hear that bro. Even though the rest of the traffic is going 80 mph and you saw the CHP, I would have slowed down and screw everybody else if they started honking at me.

:lol: i thot i was seeing things.

Tam - I'm well aware that this is my fault but I can't help it. Yeah I'm an idiot. The CRV begs to be driven faster. it's so revvy :P I'm sure you've been waiting to rip into me for a while. :lol:

Spoolinalltheway - No it's like the 2nd point in the last year. :?

dl_EVO
07-23-2007, 08:34 PM
CRV begs to be driven faster!

B20 Powah!

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-23-2007, 09:29 PM
:lol: i shot myself in teh foot with that one... :?

It really is something with that car tho... I don't drive excessively in the Evo.. :? Paradoxal..

dl_EVO
07-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Maybe it is the curse of the Honda. My Honda is cursed with break-in issues. You have ticket issues.

I blame my Tein Dampachi doll. You don't happen to have a Dampachi too? :lol:

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Maybe it is the curse of the Honda. My Honda is cursed with break-in issues. You have ticket issues.

I blame my Tein Dampachi doll. You don't happen to have a Dampachi too? :lol:

:lol:!!!

speaking of which...
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/RgistRdShowoffIX/DSCN3232.jpg

does that count?

awdaddict
07-23-2007, 10:26 PM
:nebolic:

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-23-2007, 10:35 PM
hey you're not helping!

dl_EVO
07-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Dampachi strikes agian

06MitsuEvoSe
08-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Got a ticket for going 70mph on 92 which is a 55mph zone but no one drives like it is. If anyone's familiar with 92, u know it's kind of a ridiculous ticket cuz i was just goin with the traffic. I hope it's been 18 months so i'm eligable for traffic school cuz i already have a point and could do without another... :?

RgistRdShowoffIX
08-12-2007, 04:52 PM
xD welcome to the club..

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/fillable/tr205.pdf
^Request for Trial by Written Declaration

06MitsuEvoSe
08-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the form, i didn't know they had it all pre made like that... i gotta contest this one.

RgistRdShowoffIX
09-14-2007, 02:41 PM
trial by written declaration (traffic infractions) send a certified or registered letter postmarked not later than five days prior to the appearance date or come to the court on or before the appearance date to request a trial by written declaration. SUBMIT THE BAIL AMOUNT. you will be given forms to allow you to write a statement and to submit other evidence without appearing in court. an officer will also submit a statement. the judicial officer will consider the evidence and decide the case.

what's a registered letter?? :? or rather how do i get something like this certified. wth? Thanks