PDA

View Full Version : Damn cops

Limeyboy
07-24-2007, 04:03 PM
So im driving through some back ass residential street in sunnyvale. Guy in a jeep in front is doing 25, the limit, then he puts his turn signal on and begins to slow down and starts to move to the side of the road. About 10 mph, i flip on the turn signal and go around him, just as a cop comes to the stop sign up ahead and sees me. I reach the stop sign, hes stopped, but in no position to pull me over (facing the other way, inside his car), so stop at the sign and carry on my merry way. I aint seen no hands, lights or nothing. I see him turn round in my rear view, so know whats coming. I stop, turn the engine off, get out the license, insurance, registration in anticipation.

"Do you know why i have stopped you?" I had to fight to not blurt out "no, actually I stopped. You just came along afterwards"

Its the same cop that pulled me last time. Officer Chung. He must have a thing for Evo's - this is the third time this guy has stopped me.

Anyways, he lectures me that passing traffic in a residential street, on the wrong side of the road is illegal. I explained, calmly and politely, that I was passing as the other vehicle had turned on his turn signal and was moved to the side of the road to park. I was not aware that was illegal. He said that the other driver had not completely stopped first, so I made an error. Fair enough, ill litigate in court. He wanders off to do my background checks. Come back, and tells me, and I quote

"Sir, you are lucky dispatch just called me off, you get no ticket today. "

I would have fought it if I got it. Its not illegal to (safely and slowly) pass someone who has stopped.

Luck of the British strikes again :) I think this must be traffic stop #10 or #11. Ive only ever had one speeding ticket.

awdaddict
07-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Officer Chung doesn't like you huh? :(

Well, I guess I'm a 1/16 Brit cuz I came from Hong Kong... :lol:

mtsevovii
07-24-2007, 04:08 PM
wow... ill bolo for him... :p

Sunnyvale PD? if so i know his Lieutenant. :X

Positron
07-24-2007, 04:12 PM
what an ass

good thing he had to go away Simon ^_^

Limeyboy
07-24-2007, 04:15 PM
yeah im pleased too. and yes it was SV PD. He drives one of the sunnyvale PD SUV's

G-Lo408
07-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Can't you report this guy that he is harassing you? I mean 3 times already in the same car, come on.

--anonimuz
07-24-2007, 04:26 PM
a cop pulled me over twice.. same spot.. different times..

Limeyboy
07-24-2007, 04:28 PM
I may be able to report for harassment, but its three times over a period of a year. This guy sticks in my memory as the first time the evo was stopped, it was him. Each time there has been no ticket, so that looks good for me, but I also have to live in this city and work here too, so im happy to let the cops go on believing whatever it is they believe and risk getting pulled once in a while, rather than pissing one off and having every Evo in sunnyvale stopped by the whole dept.

Evo9R
07-24-2007, 04:42 PM
thats shit

SilverStreak
07-24-2007, 04:44 PM
If you had gotten a ticket, I would have reported it.

He probably does have it out for you.

If hes got enough time to turn around and follow you hoping to get lucky, then thats strike one. Doing it multiple times is strike two.

Then supposedly being "called away" is strike three. To my knowledge, if you are being cited, the officer cannot leave the scene, or rather dispatch doesn't have the authority to call off a stop.

So yah...glad it all worked for you...but that cops an a$$

Limeyboy
07-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Interesting. thanks for the info!

UCLAevoIX
07-24-2007, 08:22 PM
where in sunnyvale?

Lurk
07-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Bollocks! :lol:

You got lucky dude. :thumbsdown: to profiling.

Limeyboy
07-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Bollocks! :lol:

:lol: Rule Britannia.

JDMevoBOOST
07-25-2007, 09:08 AM
I dunno why cops are so angry these days....last time I looked they were getting paid close to 80K starting....I mean yah the shifts are bad and you risk being shot at, but jeez 80K starting for someone with a HS diploma??? Supply and demand I guess.

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-25-2007, 12:25 PM
I dunno why cops are so angry these days....last time I looked they were getting paid close to 80K starting....I mean yah the shifts are bad and you risk being shot at, but jeez 80K starting for someone with a HS diploma??? Supply and demand I guess.

I wouldn't tell them that tho. ;) :lol: after you. :D

mtsevovii
07-25-2007, 12:28 PM

I wouldn't tell them that tho. ;)Â* :lol: after you. :D

yeah, dont be jealous. ;) haha

rocket_man
08-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Cops are like diapers: They're full of $hit and always on your ass (from my personal experience which I'd rather not go into).

--anonimuz
08-06-2007, 09:56 AM
+1

mtsevovii
08-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Cops are like diapers: They're full of $hit and always on your ass (from my personal experience which I'd rather not go into).

and the people that complain are morons that cant understand rules and laws. haha :p

:lol:

BigEd925
08-06-2007, 10:21 AM

LOL wow what an ignorant statment you have made. As MtsEvoix said, there are rules in place to protect society. Some of them are harsh and others are not for your liking however Im sure youll need the assistance of your local law enforcement personel at one time or another.

rocket_man
08-06-2007, 11:31 AM

LOL wow what an ignorant statment you have made. As MtsEvoix said, there are rules in place to protect society. Some of them are harsh and others are not for your liking however Im sure youll need the assistance of your local law enforcement personel at one time or another.

I'm not sure you thought about your own reply.
Rules to protect society...Maybe in a perfect world they would matter. Do you know what rules were meant for? And I don't mean in the ideal sense. Rules were meant to be broken and EVERYONE breaks rules. Period. No if's, and's, or but's about it. Unless there is no such thing as police harassment/brutality, abuse of power, or President Bush; and no cops writing tickets or folks who venture above speedlimit.
Do yourself a favor and buy a Prius, drive 5mph below speedlimit, remove any and all desires to be human, and totally and utterly conform to these "rules". If you are able to do all these things, I've got a surprise for you: you'll be the first.
As for needing law enforcement: whose laws are they enforcing? Their own laws that we are coerced to abide by with threats. If we were allowed to envoke our own justice without interference in our own disputes, do you think we would need them? But this is their world, not ours, right?
BTW- there are rules in place to protect society and at the same time protect those who serve the law by abusing it. Do you really think anyone who "matters" would take your word over the word of a sworn officer of the law? LOL.
I'm only saying what we all know. I apologize if my post was indeed ignorant without any logic behind it.
I think I'll go and apologize to the cop who stated my exhaust w/two resonators and silencer in place was so loud it could be heard in CHINA (I'm asian) since he's exempt from the rules that protect society (I guess I'm not society and need no protecting). I should also apologize to the cop who pulled me over for no other reason than to try and ticket me (and failed miserably) and told me to tell "my buddies" (enthusiasts) that they are coming for us. Then there's the one who cited me again for an offense I already had dismissed by their own judge in their own court of law even after I had informed her (back to the exhaust comment stated up there ^ earlier). Oh and I can't leave out the one who ticketed me for doing 95mph in a 65mph when I was doing 71-72mph tops ("Tell it to the judge"- probably because he knew I lived too far away to come back and contest it- happens ALL the time although not according to BigEd925). Believe me there are more, but this is long enough.
Sorry about my rant, but ignorant is as ignorant does I suppose. Back to your regularly scheduled posting.

awdaddict
08-06-2007, 12:17 PM
I like where this thread is going...

Limeyboy
08-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I elect to observe and not comment

UCB
08-06-2007, 03:57 PM

I'm not sure you thought about your own reply.
Rules to protect society...Maybe in a perfect world they would matter. Do you know what rules were meant for? And I don't mean in the ideal sense. Rules were meant to be broken and EVERYONE breaks rules. Period. No if's, and's, or but's about it. Unless there is no such thing as police harassment/brutality, abuse of power, or President Bush; and no cops writing tickets or folks who venture above speedlimit.
Do yourself a favor and buy a Prius, drive 5mph below speedlimit, remove any and all desires to be human, and totally and utterly conform to these "rules". If you are able to do all these things, I've got a surprise for you: you'll be the first.
As for needing law enforcement: whose laws are they enforcing? Their own laws that we are coerced to abide by with threats. If we were allowed to envoke our own justice without interference in our own disputes, do you think we would need them? But this is their world, not ours, right?
BTW- there are rules in place to protect society and at the same time protect those who serve the law by abusing it. Do you really think anyone who "matters" would take your word over the word of a sworn officer of the law? LOL.
I'm only saying what we all know. I apologize if my post was indeed ignorant without any logic behind it.
I think I'll go and apologize to the cop who stated my exhaust w/two resonators and silencer in place was so loud it could be heard in CHINA (I'm asian) since he's exempt from the rules that protect society (I guess I'm not society and need no protecting). I should also apologize to the cop who pulled me over for no other reason than to try and ticket me (and failed miserably) and told me to tell "my buddies" (enthusiasts) that they are coming for us. Then there's the one who cited me again for an offense I already had dismissed by their own judge in their own court of law even after I had informed her (back to the exhaust comment stated up there ^ earlier). Oh and I can't leave out the one who ticketed me for doing 95mph in a 65mph when I was doing 71-72mph tops ("Tell it to the judge"- probably because he knew I lived too far away to come back and contest it- happens ALL the time although not according to BigEd925). Believe me there are more, but this is long enough.
Sorry about my rant, but ignorant is as ignorant does I suppose. Back to your regularly scheduled posting.

paragraphs...do you use them?

Limeyboy
08-06-2007, 04:00 PM

I think you fail to grasp his comments. Hes saying rules are there to be broken. Spacing posts on a forum using paragraphs conforms to the rules of the english language. So in effect, hes re-enforcing his statement of rules are there to be broken, by not formatting his text correctly :lol:

mtsevovii
08-06-2007, 04:05 PM
:dumas:

rocket_man
08-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Yes, I do/did use paragraphs, I just didn't indent or space them apart. I wasn't aware that I was being graded. At least my grammar and spelling is correct. :P

rocket_man
08-06-2007, 09:51 PM

Capitalizing the first word of a sentence- Do you know how to do that?
Typing your statements correctly- Do you know how to do that?
If you're going to get technical, please be proficient yourself.
Thank you. ;P

rocket_man
08-06-2007, 09:58 PM

I think you fail to grasp his comments. Hes saying rules are there to be broken. Spacing posts on a forum using paragraphs conforms to the rules of the english language. So in effect, hes re-enforcing his statement of rules are there to be broken, by not formatting his text correctly :lol:

Hey- and shame on you! No apostrophes, run-on sentence, and no period at the end of a sentence. Shame on you! ;P
(Only one more post though!) Thank you!

rocket_man
08-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Okay, I quit this thread. Enough going O/T to you guys that follow the rules. :lol:

Thanks for #20 though! I'll also remember to space my paragraphs from now on. :D

Limeyboy
08-07-2007, 09:24 AM
ROFL :) You hit the post count, but I dont see your stuff for sale :P

rocket_man
08-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Didn't get a chance yet, but should be #23 in my post count. :D