PDA

View Full Version : CHART FOR ALL MOVING VIOLATION FINES??

redevil9mr
08-01-2007, 07:34 PM
I was wondering if anyone here on norcalevo.net can post up a chart that shows all moving violation fines for the state of CA. Thanks.

mbrickner
11-11-2007, 02:12 AM
The fines vary which department you get it from (CHP vs. local, etc), where you get it, and how much you are over so I think this would be hard to come up with a generic chart for. I have always wanted to know how exactly speeding tickets are calculated.

Ben
11-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Maybe if anyone can find the information to be able to post by city and department?

player67
11-28-2007, 12:17 PM
usually varies by county^

DirectorSe7en
11-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Unless someone around here can get a hold of some up-to-date manual with region pricing on fines, I doubt you'll ever see any info.

mbrickner
11-29-2007, 12:40 AM
It would have to be someone that works at the courthouse, don't think it's publically available.

player67
11-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Fines are something that definitely cannot be set based on vehicle violations, they vary ALOT. I mean there are averages for violations such as carpool, no signaling etc but I mean off the top of my head, heres the list of things that I think you can get fined/cited/arested for

Speeding $varied (150~650)
Reckless Driving $550
Being involved in a competition of speed on a public road
Aiding and ebeding such contests^
Unsafe lane change $250ish
Driving in the carpool lane $454
Driving in a time-restrictive area
Drafting
Tailgating
Failure to stop at a stoplight $400
Failure to stop at a stop sign $350
High Beams
No signaling $169
Dangerous maneuver $150 - after court
And of course all our ricer bs (exhaust, intake etc) $1,000,000 :lol:

not ALL of these are moving violations but these are the things off the top of my head and some of the prices that I've seen (I'm not suggesting that any of them are mine ;))

mbrickner
11-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Does drafting have it's own section? Or is it considered following too closely?

I've only seen 1 time-restrictive road, ever! :shock:

DirectorSe7en
11-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Damn, I've been had for my high beams before. It was dark on a windy road, but of course It was not an excuse to him. Dumbest ticket ever.

mbrickner
11-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Wow, you are the first person I have ever heard of for that! Sucks big time.. Expensive?

DirectorSe7en
11-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Actually, it wasn't so bad. It was like $75, I don't know if that was a "generous" offering or if that's what everyone gets?

He passed me on the left and I lit up his interior, haha. Oops!

mbrickner
11-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Oh, that's just an annoyance at that point!

Ok, oncoming traffic is one thing, passing you is another, geez.

player67
11-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Actually, it wasn't so bad. It was like $75, I don't know if that was a "generous" offering or if that's what everyone gets?

He passed me on the left and I lit up his interior, haha. Oops!

Yeah technically if someones within 1000 ft in front of you you cannot use them or something

DirectorSe7en
11-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Damn really?

Well after that, I never use them.

redevil9mr
12-02-2007, 01:23 PM
that is BS, Polices are all crooks. They try to make money off of all of us.

uhoh_evo
12-02-2007, 01:40 PM
They gotta make a living too

Eric_SJ
04-05-2008, 12:17 AM
WTF? Sorry, kinda clueless when it comes to the HTML stuff.Â*

Here is the California Uniform Bail and Penalty Schedule.

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/reference/documents/05JCBail.pdf

mbrickner
04-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Man that is it!Â* How did you find that??

Here is the 2007 Edition: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/reference/documents/2007_jcbail.pdf

Here is the 2008 Edition: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/reference/documents/2008_jcbail.pdf

Eric_SJ
04-05-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm aÂ*copÂ* :)

Don't hate. I stil love my EVO.

Guess I had the old one. I hope I haven't been giving out too much bogus info.Â* I guess that's why I've always thrown in the caveat "In the ball park of".

evoredy
04-05-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm a copÂ* :)

Don't hate. I stil love my EVO.

Guess I had the old one. I hope I haven't been giving out too much bogus info.Â* I guess that's why I've always thrown in the caveat "In the ball park of".

but do you love us[honest, hard working californians(you know ho much it sucks to make ends meet here when you don't sell drugs and you pay taxes every year :lol:)] as much as you love your evo? haha j/k

you are definitely the *coolest cop i know now. lol.

EDIT: do you have a modlist? :)

ok i'll stop hating. :P

Eric_SJ
04-05-2008, 01:06 PM
I swear I have not modded one thing on the car's power train.

As an RS it needed a stereo and then there is a little (read: lots of) tint on it.

No, I love you guys.Â* I'm sure you all know it, but something about Evo owners seems to be that they are far more responsible than your other "car enthusiasts".Â* I have yet to see Evos doing sideshows and other blatantly stupid things on the streets.Â* Maybe I just dont get out enough ; )

My guess it is, these cars aren't bought by 18 year old morons with an auto loan cap of $2300.Â* :lol:

I try and educate my brothers and sisters about our cars every chance I get.

evoredy
04-05-2008, 04:48 PM
I swear I have not modded one thing on the car's power train.

As an RS it needed a stereo and then there is a little (read: lots of) tint on it.

No, I love you guys. I'm sure you all know it, but something about Evo owners seems to be that they are far more responsible than your other "car enthusiasts". I have yet to see Evos doing sideshows and other blatantly stupid things on the streets. Maybe I just dont get out enough ; )

My guess it is, these cars aren't bought by 18 year old morons with an auto loan cap of $2300. :lol:

I try and educate my brothers and sisters about our cars every chance I get.

i was just kidding.

regardless of what we say, everyone knows you guys work hard. keep the 18 yo's in check. :)

sideshows...lol..that crap still happens? lol yeah we won't be caught dead there. cali road+donuts+evo=childish/stupid waste of time

DirectorSe7en
04-05-2008, 04:57 PM
With AWD wouldn't it quite difficult (aka impossible) to do donuts, etc...

evoredy
04-05-2008, 05:37 PM
With AWD wouldn't it quite difficult (aka impossible) to do donuts, etc...

i guess you basically get a bunch of controlled under/oversteer and not quite a "donut." :)

i'm sure the law enforcement knows what these guys are using these days for these and other 'events' and how to identifiy model/drivetrain on most vehicles by first glance...at least...i could when i was 5 :lol:

Eric_SJ
04-05-2008, 05:52 PM
"sideshow" has become more of a generalized term. Whenever a bunch of folks are gathered and someone is doing donuts, burnouts or racing, its loosley labeled a sideshow.