PDA

View Full Version : reflash info

m3thodman6
08-17-2007, 11:13 PM
hey guys i need your help I own a evo IX so far I have an arc air box & Perrin upper IC pipe but I want install my Tanabe TBE & ti tek 02 housing but my appt for my relash is next week on sat would i be safe to drive at if i dont boost at all need help please thanks

dabaysevo
08-17-2007, 11:15 PM
You should be good if you don't get on the car hard. Â*GL with the 02 housing installation though.

bricel24
08-17-2007, 11:16 PM
as long you don't boost too much or push the car in excess of it's limits then you should be fine

XVeloX
08-17-2007, 11:32 PM
actually nothing should happen, if anything the car should feel the same. It will probably just pull some boost because of the added flow. Stock ECU's kinda suck in that manner, you might gain 5-10 whp from the hardware alone, but the tune will really wake the car up :)

as mentioned above, GL with that O2 install :)

in other words, the stock ECU will effectively detune the car to hit the proper loads... in lame man's terms the ECU will detune the car even with all those parts

m3thodman6
08-18-2007, 07:41 PM
well I have good news & bad The bad news is the dam o2 housing will not fit w/my TBE but my TBE sounds great W/ the cat delete

XVeloX
08-18-2007, 08:01 PM
wouldn't fit? The titek is supposed to be a very good part. Did you have issues getting the stock one off?

m3thodman6
08-18-2007, 08:45 PM
no I was at the shop the whole time it took a couple of hours to do it but when it was time to line up everything it did not fit it was simple plus i was to lazy to install it my self

SpeedElement
08-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Titek o2 housing is guaranteed to fit. You probably need to re-use the stock donut gasket in order to make it fit. A lot of times when people took out their factory o2 housing, they forget to remove the donut gasket that was stuck on there. We have installed countless Titek o2 housings w/ Tanabe downpipe and never had a single fitment issues.

m3thodman6
08-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks well ill just save it when I get my greddy mivec cams imstill looking for a stock turbo manifold to buy of someone so I can get ported