af plot, consistant af

hasetak
09-05-2007, 09:51 PM
it is a screen shot from your laptop

and it means my ignorant a** doesn't know sh*t about tuning

earlyapex aka jack ass
09-05-2007, 09:53 PM
af plot, consistant af

Log screenshot updated for less confusion. ;)

dabaysevo
09-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Closed Loop boost control using the stock ECU?

SJCoruja
09-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Auto-control of boost through the ECU? Set target boost and ECU adjusts?

try #2 - Ability to set boost in the ECU as PSI instead of wacky WGDC? LOL

dabaysevo
09-05-2007, 10:05 PM
^That's closed loop I think. Also you asked what it means, it means that you have too much time on your hands. :D

SJCoruja
09-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Ok, try 3 just because I REALLY hope this is what it is....ability to set 2 boost maps in the ECU? Maybe a variable map switch as well? Aw damn, I hope so. :D

earlyapex aka jack ass
09-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Closed Loop boost control using the stock ECU?

Ding ding ding. ;)

dabaysevo
09-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Is this on your personal car? It's nice to see where the ecu is keeping the boost error to a minimum.

earlyapex aka jack ass
09-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Is this on your personal car? It's nice to see where the ecu is keeping the boost error to a minimum.

Yup, on my personal test mule. In that log it overshot desired boost a little at first because of WGDC settings and you can see the error correction kick in. I will be testing this for a bit. Still some tweaking to do.

dabaysevo
09-05-2007, 10:26 PM
So when am I getting my boost assembly? ;)

Matz
09-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Do you have a special build of ecuflash or something? I don't see that anywhere, even with developer mode on.

earlyapex aka jack ass
09-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Do you have a special build of ecuflash or something? I don't see that anywhere, even with developer mode on.

It's new code written by a person much smarter than me which I am testing out. :)

steevo8
09-05-2007, 10:33 PM
you get nothing because you didnt phrase your answer in a question form.

the answer should have been.... " What is closed Loop boost control using the stock ECU?"

earlyapex aka jack ass
So when am I getting my boost assembly? ;)

Whenever we get the next round of pills in stock. Should be end of this week or next hopefully. :)

earlyapex aka jack ass
you get nothing because you didnt phrase your answer in a question form.

the answer should have been.... " What is closed Loop boost control using the stock ECU?"

haha, you forgot the "Alex, what is.."

gohdunlam
09-05-2007, 10:50 PM
will this be available when i go back for retune =)

player67
09-05-2007, 11:12 PM
cool, I was close though :lol: yeah right

atlvalet
09-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Well, you know, an MBC can do all that without all the need for foreign non-OEM code and other new-fangled do-hickeys. It's how we've been doing things in SoCal for awhile now, which means we must be right. We mock and deride that which is new. So, pishah, pishah. Old School tech FTMFW. 8)

earlyapex aka jack ass
09-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Nice Erik. ;)

atlvalet
09-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Thx :D

Darqnez
09-05-2007, 11:52 PM
lol.....you said "deride"

how pedantic :P

atlvalet
09-06-2007, 12:10 AM

Chris,

I'll see your pedantic and raise you 2 hella's and a didactic.

:D

Darqnez
09-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Malfeasance!

Chris,

I'll see your pedantic and raise you 2 hella's and a didactic.

:D

EvoKid
09-06-2007, 03:56 AM
so we need a JDm MAp to do this right??

UCB
09-06-2007, 05:06 AM
yes, I imagine this uses the JDM map as feedback into the control loop, without feedback its not a true closed loop system

Is this just a simple PID control loop or...?

Can I read about it on evoM? :D

Matz
09-06-2007, 08:36 AM
yes, I imagine this uses the JDM map as feedback into the control loop, without feedback its not a true closed loop system

Is this just a simple PID control loop or...?

I'll post Bode plots.

nightwalker
09-06-2007, 08:43 AM
The question we're all dying to ask is, How much power is this going to give us?

earlyapex aka jack ass
09-06-2007, 12:22 PM
so we need a JDm MAp to do this right??

Yup.

Not yet however a full how-to should be posted after testing is over. :)

The question we're all dying to ask is, How much power is this going to give us?

Pretty much the same as before however it's a better way to control boost overall and easier to tune for, in theory at least but that's what the testing is for. :

earlyapex aka jack ass
09-07-2007, 06:03 PM
and here is the how-to and more info:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showpost.php?p=4719859&postcount=1

ronpanama
09-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Will GST be selling the necessary parts for that boost control ( jdm map sensor etc.) or will we
have to get the parts ourselves. Boost control in psi FTW :D

earlyapex aka jack ass
09-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Will GST be selling the necessary parts for that boost control ( jdm map sensor etc.) or will we
have to get the parts ourselves. Boost control in psi FTW :D

We already sell the boost assembly. We are going to be selling the tactrix cables soon and most likely the JDM sensors. We just need to find a reliable source.

dabaysevo
09-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Bryan, I have a question. Now that the COBB AP is coming out, where is it going to leave the stock ECU in your eyes? Is there more to be gained out of the stock ECU? Everything set aside, would you personally run a AP or continue pushing the stock ECU? I'm just asking because it is hard to ignore the switchable maps on the AP, I loved the instant power switch when I had an Xede on my VIII.

XVeloX
09-08-2007, 11:36 PM
very cool stuff, just read through the thread on EvoM. Would you recommend tuning boost via this method? Or if you have the GM method down more or less, stick with that? Also, can this be used with the GM and have you seen any gains/losses in tuning the two seperate ways? Obviously i see the ease in comparison to using the stock system and having to occasionally trick the ecu into giving you the boost you want where you want it.

Since nobody else has really played with it, what are your thoughts?

EvoKid
09-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Bryan, I have a question. Now that the COBB AP is coming out, where is it going to leave the stock ECU in your eyes? Is there more to be gained out of the stock ECU? Everything set aside, would you personally run a AP or continue pushing the stock ECU? I'm just asking because it is hard to ignore the switchable maps on the AP, I loved the instant power switch when I had an Xede on my VIII.

The AP isnt like an Xede. It still uses the stock ECU. Its just reflashes it in it own way, with something the size of a handheld video game, not a laptop. And you can change reflashes (maps) quickly by just flashing them with the devise.

Matz
09-09-2007, 07:58 AM
This device sounds really good, and I'd be tempted to pick one up to switch from 91 to 100 octane maps. However, I would be even more enticed by the idea of a device that copies the maps to RAM, rather than flash. Supposedly, the Evo ECU gurus have been working on trying to run off of a map in RAM, but I haven't followed the progress of this project. There is so much going on in the ECU scene, my gosh.

trinydex
09-09-2007, 12:54 PM
and nothing coming out haha

earlyapex aka jack ass
09-09-2007, 07:43 PM
This device sounds really good, and I'd be tempted to pick one up to switch from 91 to 100 octane maps. However, I would be even more enticed by the idea of a device that copies the maps to RAM, rather than flash. Supposedly, the Evo ECU gurus have been working on trying to run off of a map in RAM, but I haven't followed the progress of this project. There is so much going on in the ECU scene, my gosh.

The Cobb does use RAM for map switching. The big benefit on my side is that you can do real-time tuning with the Cobb which has the potential to make tuning a bit faster. You have a main map you flash to the ECU and from there you can swap maps in and out of ram. The big benefit on the consumer side is real-time map switching, storing and all the other cool little doohickeys.

The AP uses all the functions of the stock ECU. Depending on how much is supported, this could be less or more than is currently being used via ecuflash and the stock ECU.

At least that is how it works on subarus. Still waiting on all the details for the Evo. The Evo hardware is ready, but the software is still getting finalized. That is why we are not currently offering the Cobb evo unit prematurely. ;)

turbotiger
09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Wow, go away from the evo world for a few weeks and this is what happens.
Dang, I should've bought the jdm map sensor instead of the zt-2 one now.

earlyapex aka jack ass
02-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Howdy all,

As of this week I have decided to move all my efforts into another local Evo community.

It was a good stretch here and I was glad to be part of the community as a whole and not just "another vendor"

Pretty much all of this community I am a part of moved on, and rightfully so for many reasons, so I have chosen to follow as well as at the end of the day, I own a Evo and I am a member of that said community.

It's a huge bummer it has come to this, but people have dropped the ball and this is the outcome.

All tech, power, data and all other findings by me moving forward will no longer be posted on this website.

You all know where to find me.

:band: on.