PDA

View Full Version : Watch out! HWY 4 in Martinez!

Ben
01-14-2008, 09:40 PM
There was a cop chillin' with his lights off on the side of the road and pulled over some Jaguar in front of me near Morello.

DoggDicker
01-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Where's HWY 4??? haha...

DD

DirectorSe7en
01-14-2008, 10:11 PM
^In Martinez.... :?

Good looking out!

Ben
01-15-2008, 03:50 AM
Yeah I'm suprised that I didn't get pulled over. I was cruising behind the Jaguar at the same rate of speed and I moved over when I saw the cop tap the brake lights. I think it's illegal for a cop to be sitting on the side of the road in the dark under some trees or am I wrong?

kinetics
01-15-2008, 04:12 AM
^ no it's not illegal :D

DirectorSe7en
01-15-2008, 01:13 PM
I've seen Cops do that "Kicking it in the dark on the side of the road with no lights on" plenty of times.

While it may not be illegal right now, it damn sure should be. Why? Because imagine if you need to pull over for a flat tire or whatever, and you smack right into them because their trying to be hidden.

It's dangerous! I get they wanna catch people but it's not smart to do that on a Freeway.

player67
01-15-2008, 02:49 PM
They can give you a ticket no matter what but you can fight it in court if their lights were off because that constitutes a speed trap thusly speed traps are illegal in california and you win. My friend won that twice in the same county

overdrive
01-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Highway 4 = VERY bad place to speed and rush...

A lot of my friends have been caught there. Esp the stretch from Port Costa to Pine Street. Most of them have been caught by an Aircraft. The cop will then wait for them at the end of the Alhambra exit.

Be careful driving in highway 4 guys.

RgistRdShowoffIX
01-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Good looking out. I've never encountered a problem on that stretch but I'll prolly limit the amount of times i need to go to Concord now. :P

DirectorSe7en
01-15-2008, 03:15 PM
A lot of my friends have been caught there. Esp the stretch from Port Costa to Pine Street. Most of them have been caught by an Aircraft. The cop will then wait for them at the end of the Alhambra exit.
Wow, how do Aircraft detect speed?

Ben
01-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Highway 4 = VERY bad place to speed and rush...

Be careful driving in highway 4 guys.

I sure wish I had the link handy to the story I posted on here about getting out of a ticket there hehe.

myVekDrifteRS
01-15-2008, 10:10 PM

Average rate of speed visibility from point A to point B and time you in seconds. Convert that to Miles - per - hour.

redevil9mr
01-15-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up. That some crazy stuff.

Ben
01-15-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm still surprised a cop would pull over a Jaguar instead of an Evo when both we were both going the same speed.

DirectorSe7en
01-15-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm still surprised a cop would pull over a cop would pull over a Jaguar.
Whoa that made no sense!

overdrive
01-16-2008, 12:06 AM

Average rate of speed visibility from point A to point B and time you in seconds. Convert that to Miles - per - hour.

Yeah, that's the way they do it...

Pure EvoIX
01-16-2008, 12:10 AM
^haha ninja edit.

player67
01-16-2008, 04:57 AM

Yeah, that's the way they do it...

yeah and watch out thats how highway patrol does it to if they dont clock you but say they got you on their gun. Thats a good way to determine your speed +-5mph

redevil9mr
01-16-2008, 09:12 PM
The city needs money so police are instructed to give out more tickets to our already suffered civilians. It's all about the Benjamins bro. It's all about the doe.

Ben
01-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Cops are probably paid nicely...and they're making money off of ticketing people which is what it seems like they are really good at. So why is it that when there's any emergency and you call 911 you get a rude ass dispatcher then you have a cop taking an hour or two to get to you?

xBobbyMRx
02-07-2008, 07:59 AM
^Because they are busy with more important things like eating donuts and beating up colored people.

mtsevovii
02-07-2008, 08:08 AM
^Because they are busy with more important things like eating donuts and beating up colored people.

yup thats why im going into this business.

:roll:

xBobbyMRx
02-07-2008, 08:10 AM
^Yeah we all know you hate them colored fellas.

:D

mtsevovii
02-07-2008, 08:11 AM
^Yeah we all know you hate them colored fellas.

:D

hahaha

dl_EVO
02-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Cops are probably paid nicely...and they're making money off of ticketing people which is what it seems like they are really good at. So why is it that when there's any emergency and you call 911 you get a rude ass dispatcher then you have a cop taking an hour or two to get to you?

Ok, well if your doing something wrong on the road. Would you rather the cop not give out tickets?

Emergency calls are tiered, if you call in and say someone has a knife. You bet your ass they will get there fast.

However, what sucks is if you call and say there is someone breaking into a vehicle. They take forever...

Drunk driving would get high priority, street racing is a low priority call.

mtsevovii
02-07-2008, 03:46 PM

Ok, well if your doing something wrong on the road. Would you rather the cop not give out tickets?

Emergency calls are tiered, if you call in and say something has a knife. You bet your ass they will get there fast.

However, what sucks is if you call and say there is something breaking into a vehicle. They take forever...

yup thats why when you see a moron driving w/ road rage. call it in, say hes DUI. they will pull him over and ask questions.

overdrive
02-08-2008, 12:46 AM

Emergency calls are tiered, if you call in and say something has a knife. You bet your ass they will get there fast.

However, what sucks is if you call and say there is something breaking into a vehicle. They take forever...

yup thats why when you see a moron driving w/ road rage. call it in, say hes DUI. they will pull him over and ask questions.

That would be messed up, but it's also a good idea at the same time coz it takes away one less moron out of public roads...