PDA

View Full Version : got pulled over...

mrjay
01-26-2008, 06:07 PM
well guess my luck finally ran out as I got pulled over after 2 years of having illegal tints in the front :( lol ..didn't even get a fix-it ticket..got a citation :shock: ...I guess it didn't help either that the color of my car was GG :lol:

RREVOVIII
01-26-2008, 06:10 PM
thats sucks! thats should a been just a fix it ticket

InSoMnIaC
01-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Yo that's sucks man. I got 1 before Christmas ended up paying about $160. How dark is your tint anyway.

mrjay
01-26-2008, 06:30 PM
20% all around..doesn't even look that dark really, whats weird is that he was following me for like 5-10 minutes before he finally pulled me over.

uhoh_evo
01-26-2008, 06:46 PM
That when you pull into a gas station. Run into the bathroom like you hella gotta go. Call 911 requesting help for a possible break in nearby and wait for him to get the call and leave.

After 5-10 mins you know it's gonna be trouble.

DirectorSe7en
01-26-2008, 07:43 PM
That's actually pretty lucky that it wasn't a Fix-It ticket.

mrjay
01-26-2008, 08:06 PM
why so?^

cezber23
01-26-2008, 08:25 PM
thats sucks! thats should a been just a fix it ticket
i had the same thing! it was a non correctable violation. you need to take the tint out and pay the fine.the chp isthe one pulled me over. the fine is $126.00.

mrjay
01-26-2008, 08:30 PM
well damn lol, thats gonna set me back a little

mtsevovii
01-26-2008, 08:50 PM
if its not a fix-it ticket. you dont have to fix it. just pay the fine. and keep the ticket in the glove box.

InSoMnIaC
01-26-2008, 10:32 PM
why keep it? Can't u get ticketed for tint again.

scorpion
01-26-2008, 10:51 PM
that sucks same thing happen to me but after the second time i took it off. i got lucky on the second one though, he said he could've got me for a much bigger fine...something like $1200

mrjay
01-27-2008, 09:35 AM
$1200 :shock:

DirectorSe7en
01-27-2008, 02:27 PM
why so?^
Fix-It ticket and you would've had to taken it off, if not, you'd pay anywhere from $150-$300 to clear the ticket.

why keep it? Can't u get ticketed for tint again.
Sometimes when you keep the ticket, and you get pulled over for the same violation again, you can say you were recently ticketed and haven't had the chance to fix-it yet.

I'm not sure if that's what he was referring to, but it works.

that sucks same thing happen to me but after the second time i took it off. i got lucky on the second one though, he said he could've got me for a much bigger fine...something like $1200
No way! That can't be true. I have 4+ tickets for tint on all of my previous cars and my Evo and have never had a ticket go past $300.

mrjay
01-27-2008, 04:51 PM
well I guess, I'll just wait for the notice to come in the mail and find out lol

DirectorSe7en
01-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Yup, post up how much it is when you do. I wanna know the cost :P

mrjay
01-28-2008, 09:58 AM
will do!

ddubdb3
01-28-2008, 04:43 PM
ha i got pulled over again for my tint today this time i finally got a fix it ticket! dam it the cop was like 2 traffic lights away as i was pullin out from weinersnizel (spelling lol)..i tried to get away be4 his light turned green but he flew up and pulled me over. popped the hood and everything luckly he didnt find anything : ) he even knew what type of car he was pullin over too specificaly put evolution on the ticket...hmm weird i wonder. anyway he was cool and jus gave me a fix it for no front plate and window tint

DirectorSe7en
01-28-2008, 04:59 PM
I keep telling people to drive around with the front plate in the car under the seat, so when he tells you to "fix-it", just slap it on while he writes the ticket, then have him sign off the ticket he just signed.

8)

Pure EvoIX
01-28-2008, 05:13 PM
^lol

ddubdb3
01-28-2008, 07:46 PM
^^lol have you done that?

DirectorSe7en
01-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Yup, once when I got ticketed on the Bay Bridge Toll Booth. The face is always the same "WTF?" Hahaha.

It's seriously works, I encourage everyone to do it.

06IXMR
01-29-2008, 10:45 PM
its in my trunk but, I don't have any screws lol.

mtsevovii
01-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Yup, once when I got ticketed on the Bay Bridge Toll Booth. The face is always the same "WTF?" Hahaha.

good luck with that... you'd have to be pretty quick. and youre screwed if he tells you to remain in your car. and then hands you the ticket. and drives off.

mtsevovii
01-30-2008, 10:34 AM
I keep telling people to drive around with the front plate in the car under the seat, so when he tells you to "fix-it", just slap it on while he writes the ticket, then have him sign off the ticket he just signed.

8)

i guess you were pretty lucky to be able to do that..

if i was the cop:

1. youd remain in the vehicle at all times, hands visible. unless told otherwise (step out to be cuffed)
2. the second i see you rummage under your seat, my gun is drawn and pointed at you. and id be yelling.

evo_ate_gsr
01-30-2008, 10:35 AM

good luck with that... you'd have to be pretty quick. and youre screwed if he tells you to remain in your car. and then hands you the ticket. and drives off.

Haha PWNED.

Thats seriously a good idea though Sebas..... i just keep my DMV registration paper taped to my windsheild, like it was when i bought the car. haha. Thats been working for me for years.

mtsevovii
01-30-2008, 10:38 AM

Haha PWNED.

Thats seriously a good idea though Sebas..... i just keep my DMV registration paper taped to my windsheild, like it was when i bought the car. haha. Thats been working for me for years.

unless the cops a dick and takes the reg off the windshield and checks the date.

i had a cop dick me like that. the first month i got the evo. he even said "no license plates huh" *dealer plates still on. i said, no. its brand new, just got it this month. he replied with "so no license plates huh..."

and he called in the vin #... :x

evo_ate_gsr
01-30-2008, 10:42 AM
^^ Haha then I guess im Licked. hahah....

but thats what I've been doing thus far. haha. I'm gonna slap my plate on soon though.... gonna rig that mofo so I don't need to put it on my front bumper.

ddubdb3
01-30-2008, 12:49 PM
are u not allowed to put the plate in the windshield window via suction cups??

DirectorSe7en
01-30-2008, 01:03 PM
^Oh shit huh?

Hey does that constitute a front plate?

mtsevovii
01-30-2008, 01:14 PM
are u not allowed to put the plate in the windshield window via suction cups??

nope. it doesnt work. it needs to be a certain height from the ground infront of the car. not in the cabin or windshield.

mtsevovii
01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
11713.17.Â* (a) Following the retail sale or lease of a motor vehicle for which the department issues two license plates, a dealer may not deliver the motor vehicle unless either of the following occurs:

(1) The motor vehicle is equipped with a bracket or other means of securing a front license plate.

(2) The dealer obtains a signed written acknowledgment from the person taking delivery of the motor vehicle acknowledging both of the following:

(A) The person expressly refused installation of a bracket or other means of securing the front license plate.

(B) The person understands that California law requires a license plate to be displayed from and securely fastened to the front of the motor vehicle and that the hardware necessary to securely fasten the front plate is available from the dealer.

(b) A manufacturer or distributor may not sell or distribute in this state a new motor vehicle for which the department issues two license plates, unless that motor vehicle is equipped or provided with a bracket or other means of securing the license plates.

Added Sec. 1, Ch. 365, Stats. 2004. Effective January 1, 2005.

evo_ate_gsr
01-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Deng... thanks OFFICER MTSEVOIX. :thumbsup:

mtsevovii
01-30-2008, 01:22 PM
this is for the rear plates

5201. License plates shall at all times be securely fastened to the vehicle for which they are issued so as to prevent the plates from swinging, shall be mounted in a position so as to be clearly visible, and shall be maintained in a condition so as to be clearly legible. The rear license plate shall be mounted not less than 12 inches nor more than 60 inches from the ground, and the front license plate shall be mounted not more than 60 inches from the ground, except as follows:

(a) The rear license plate on a tow truck may be mounted on the left-hand side of the mast assembly at the rear of the cab of the vehicle, not less than 12 inches nor more than 90 inches from the ground.

(b) The rear license plate on a tank vehicle hauling hazardous waste, as defined in Section 25117 of the Health and Safety Code, or asphalt material may be mounted not less than 12 inches nor more than 90 inches from the ground.

(c) The rear license plate on a truck tractor may be mounted at the rear of the cab of the vehicle, but not less than 12 inches nor more than 90 inches from the ground.

(d) The rear license plate of a vehicle designed by the manufacturer for the collection and transportation of garbage, rubbish, or refuse that is used regularly for the collection and transportation of that material by any person or governmental entity employed to collect, transport, and dispose of garbage, rubbish, or refuse may be mounted not less than 12 inches nor more than 90 inches from the ground.

(e) The rear license plate on a two-axle livestock trailer may be mounted 12 inches or more, but not more than 90 inches, from the ground.

(f) ( )1 A covering ( )2 shall not be used on license plates except as follows:

(1) The installation of a cover over a lawfully parked vehicle to protect it from the weather and the elements does not constitute a violation of this subdivision. Any peace officer or other regularly salaried employee of a public agency designated to enforce laws, including local ordinances, relating to the parking of vehicles may temporarily remove so much of the cover as is necessary to inspect any license plate, tab, or indicia of registration on a vehicle.

(2) The installation of a license plate security cover is not a violation of this subdivision if the device does not obstruct or impair the recognition of the license plate information, including, but not limited to, the issuing state, license plate number, and registration tabs, and the cover is limited to the area directly over the top of the registration tabs. No portion of a license plate security cover shall rest over the license plate number.

( )1 A casing, shield, frame, border, product, or other device that obstructs or impairs the reading or recognition of a license plate by an electronic device operated by state or local law enforcement, an electronic device operated in connection with a toll road, high-occupancy toll lane, toll bridge, or other toll facility, or a remote emission sensing device, as specified in Sections 44081 and 44081.6 of the Health and Safety Code, shall not be installed on, or affixed to, a vehicle.

(h) (1) It is the ( )3 intent of the Legislature that an accommodation be made to persons with disabilities and to those persons who regularly transport persons with disabilities, to allow the removal and relocation of wheelchair lifts and wheelchair carriers without the necessity of removing and reattaching the vehicle's rear license plate. Therefore, it is not a violation of this section if the reading or recognition of a rear license plate is obstructed or impaired by a wheelchair lift or wheelchair carrier and all of the following requirements are met:

(A) The owner of the vehicle has been issued a special identification license plate pursuant to Section 5007, or the person using the wheelchair that is carried on the vehicle has been issued a distinguishing placard under Section 22511.55.

(B) (i) The operator of the vehicle displays a decal, designed and issued by the department, that contains the license plate number assigned to the vehicle transporting the wheelchair.

(ii) The decal is displayed on the rear window of the vehicle, in a location determined by the department, in consultation with the Department of the California Highway Patrol, so as to be clearly visible to law enforcement.

(2) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, if a decal is displayed pursuant to this subdivision, the requirements of this code that require the illumination of the license plate and the license plate number do not apply.

(3) The department shall adopt regulations governing the procedures for accepting and approving applications for decals, and issuing decals, authorized by this subdivision.

(4) This subdivision does not apply to a front license plate.

Amended Sec. 16, Ch. 1007, Stats. 1999. Effective January 1, 2000.
Amended Sec. 2, Ch. 626, Stats. 2003. Effective January 1, 2004.
Amended Sec. 6, Ch. 650, Stats. 2004. Effective January 1, 2005.
Amended Sec. 1, Ch. 273, Stats. 2007. Effective January 1, 2008.

DirectorSe7en
01-30-2008, 01:49 PM
So, short answer.......No.

8)