PDA

View Full Version : Works Stage II suspension package

hagakure
11-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Hey guys,

Here are some pics for the car with the works stage II suspension. the drop was one inch all the way around.

Percy

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?threadid=109618

garrick70
11-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Wow! :shock: What a dramatic difference!

GokuSSJ4
11-20-2004, 08:59 PM
looks great !!! how does it handle ??

hagakure
11-20-2004, 09:12 PM
It handles like a dream. At T-hill last weekend I was hitting the end of the straight at about 115, braking hard and turning in at speed in 4th...this terrified me with the stock suspension. The Works springs handle the weight transfer much much better. Running a lot more negative camber has helped as well. A very good set-up, and not a huge compromise from a good coilover set-up.

Percy

smack
11-21-2004, 02:19 PM
what kind of times did you run at t-hill with the new setup?
how did this compare with your old times?

normal config. with cyclone?

hagakure
11-21-2004, 02:46 PM
to be honest, I have not timed myself there in the two events I have done. I am in HPDE2 with NASA, and at the last event there were only 4 cars that passed me the entire day. I don't really want to get hung up on lap times while I am still a novice. Feedback from experienced racers and instructors is that I am going fast for a novice, and I'll leave it at that for now. My goal is to start off at HPDE3 with NASA next year, start timing, and shoot for participation in NASA HPDE4/Time Trials by the end of 05, beginning of 06. Learned from years of Bicycle racing that the minute you think you are good, or actually know something, that's the time to take a step back..."patience grasshopper" is my mantra!

Peace.

Percy

smack
11-21-2004, 07:50 PM
sounds like a good plan, don't rush it!

the lap times were just as a point of reference. kind of like dynoing
before and after the latest, trickest part just to see a quantifiable improvement.

the hard thing about being a novice is that the second time you ran
you basically ended up with twice as much experience on that track :)

you're bound to run better(consistantly better lines=quicker) based on seat time alone.

suspensions are a tricky thing to get right, just trying to get as much
feedback as possible.

glad to hear about another evo owner out there having fun and maybe
making a believer out of a few people while your at it.

hagakure
11-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Thanks!!!

It's a ball, a fricken $$$$$$$ pit....
But a ball!

Percy

robi
11-22-2004, 07:27 AM
Welcome to the high speed crack pipe ;-)

Jamie@WORKS
11-23-2004, 02:47 PM
It's official: http://www.worksevo.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=32_29&products_id=85