PDA

View Full Version : INSTALLIN MY DP, HELP?

spoolin
12-02-2004, 05:55 PM
ya, tryin to install my helix dp... cant figure out how to get those 2 bolts on the stock dp that are attached to the o2 housing off. (the ones that are really hard to reach.) What kind of tool do u use to get those off? Do i need to take off the weatherguard? Thanks for the advice cuz i kno once i got those off the install will be a snap.. thanks guys.

evo_dadi
12-02-2004, 05:58 PM
you need a ratchet extension for it so it can reach that far and you dont need to take off the weather guard.i think you use a 15 or 17 mm socket for it ,i forgot :) maybe a breaker bar also since its kinda snug.

DRFTR8
12-02-2004, 05:58 PM
you need a socket and get it from the bottom up..
or you can do it Marcel's way... use WD40 also to loosen it up..

brwnrice
12-02-2004, 06:11 PM
all you need is some elbow grease to loosen the bolts

MarkSAE
12-02-2004, 06:50 PM
A breaker bar should be able to crack those loose. Those bolts will be tight as you loosen them cuz the springs put tension on it. Spraying WD40 on them helps too. I believe those bolts are 14mm.

I removed my undertray to make things easier for myself. I don't like using a breaker bar with a u-joint. I also don't like to use my torque wrench with a u-joint as that throws readings off.

DRFTR8
12-03-2004, 04:22 PM
all you need is some elbow grease to loosen the bolts

dont listen to jerrold, he has advantage over the little guys, working out and all... :lol:

egui42
12-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Some good old fashion POWER, an extension, and a wrench.

RonV
12-03-2004, 08:54 PM
Dude, it's easy. Bring it by my house and I'll intall it for you.
Price = 1 six pac.

No Joke.
Let me know.

spoolin
12-05-2004, 12:06 PM
oh, ya thanks guys i did the whole install in an hour.. i just borrowed a ratchet extension... CAKE.... the only thing i had to do was cut a small hole in the black plastic weatherguard so i could get the wrench DIRECTLY under the bolts so i wouldnt strip them. After i got those 2 off, install was a snap. Im pleased with the helix, i used doubled up on gaskets to lessen the vibration and its fine. thanks for all the help, peace.

vtluu
12-05-2004, 05:09 PM
the only thing i had to do was cut a small hole in the black plastic weatherguard so i could get the wrench DIRECTLY under the bolts so i wouldnt strip them.
I take it you mean the underbody tray? Why didn't you just take it off?