PDA

View Full Version : Anybody done business with ProStreet?

vtluu
12-17-2004, 04:37 PM
www.prostreetonline.com

I ordered some Tein pillow ball mounts from them on Wednesday, with local pickup (from Hayward)--items that their website claims to be "always in stock" and when I phoned them yesterday, I was told they wouldn't be available until Monday. WTF? I'm not impressed... :roll:

vtluu
12-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Ugh, just got a phone call from them telling me that Tein has informed them that the parts in question are on backorder with no ETA. So much for "always in stock". :bandhead:

wilson1
12-17-2004, 11:22 PM
Man, looks the the coilover install will be onhold forawhile!

thomas
12-20-2004, 07:26 PM
"prostreet" as in ProStreet Industries?

dont kno much about the company but some of their "employees" came to my house once to check out the talon i was selling. when we were introducing ourselves, some small talk came up and i asked about the 2nd gen gsx he was driving.

only response from the guy was, "its a customers."

now that can mean two things, the customer let the guy borrow the car or the guy just took it to come check out my car.

either way, it sorta caught me off guard that it was a customers car, not his own. oh well, yea Tam, i guess i went off topic a little bit, but that deals with the employee side of the company, and if for some reason that guy just took the customers car for a ride, that would make me pretty pissed off if they didnt ask before they did so.

hopefully you can get all your money back....and put it into another company :wink:

vtluu
12-20-2004, 07:33 PM
I think Wilson fears the day when I'll have a better suspension setup than him. :lol:

Thomas, I'm not sure if these are the same guys; anyway I told them to leave the order open until I figure out what to do, and I think I've got something else lined up now so I'll probably cancel my order tomorrow. I wouldn't say I've had a bad experience with them at all, just annoyed that their website said the item was "in stock" when it isn't.

300kpa
12-20-2004, 08:24 PM
I bought some tranny oil from them 6 months ago and I told myself not to do business with them again. It was nothing particular, but the person who took my money and handed me the oil was so rude. I know I was only spending like $50 there, but I thought I deserved a better treatment.

genax
01-08-2005, 11:42 AM
dealt with them when i had a honda. don't ever to have anything in stock as they claim. they were on celica forums when i used to own one. i guess people weren't expecting stuff on time through them. now comes evolutions. they suck. but they have a great install guides

evoredy
01-08-2005, 04:00 PM
i had my ported 2g head assembled w/a 3-angle valve job by them about a year ago. it still works!

they were really cool about telling me that my head was ported incorrectly---but its ok, it was a "mild" port job. i told them to assemble it anyways.

the technician showed me a properly ported head and we compared it to mine. they were oddly helpful. i'm sorry you guys don't feel the same.

that's the home of the GSX Spyder that was in the 400HP Club!

genax
01-08-2005, 07:55 PM
i had my ported 2g head assembled w/a 3-angle valve job by them about a year ago. it still works!

they were really cool about telling me that my head was ported incorrectly---but its ok, it was a "mild" port job. i told them to assemble it anyways.

the technician showed me a properly ported head and we compared it to mine. they were oddly helpful. i'm sorry you guys don't feel the same.

that's the home of the GSX Spyder that was in the 400HP Club!

i'm just talking about the online service of that site. they suck. seriously check out hondatech. when i owned an integra they mike i think quoted me $$$ for a set of teins. when i told him via email and phone he denied the claim even after i sent him the email he sent me.