PDA

View Full Version : Front clunking noise?

EVO GRIM
12-22-2004, 07:15 PM
So I'm searching around evom for hints on this clunking noise in the front pasenger corner. Most of these people are claiming its the stock spring rubbing. Can't be for me cuz I just installed coilovers. I'm getting the car aligned tomorrow, hopefuly it goes away. Sounds like something is binding up. I live on a prety messed up road, and its driving me crazy. Heres the evom link
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=51431

Anyone experienced this phenomenon and have the answer?

At first I thought it was a bad strut, but its possible its something else.

MarkSAE
12-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Have you checked the front sway bar at the end links and at the bushings? Perhaps something is loose. When does this happen? Only when going over bumps?

EVO GRIM
12-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Happens everywhere but most noticable over speed bumps and sharp bumps at slow speeds. Happens going strait and turning.

jstockdale
12-22-2004, 09:27 PM
So I had a similar problem (at least by the sounds of it) with a clunking noise on both sides of my suspension. It started after I thrashed my car a bit too hard through some corners in the foothills.

WORKS looked at it, and the majority of the problem turned out to be a loose sway bar (oil from my oil pressure sensor leaked = lubricated the bolts = almost fully loose sway bar). However, after tightening up the sway bar on both sides, a small portion of the clunking noise is still there.

WORKS is supposed to be looking into it a little more while they fit my Zeals, and hopefully we'll figure out the cause of the problem.

If there are any positive updates ... I'll throw a post up.

Good luck finding the problem.

-S ...

garrick70
12-22-2004, 10:24 PM
I know this might sound odd, but I was having a clunking noise from what sounded like my front drivers side corner. It ended up being my WORKS HFC. I had not tightened down one of the bolts enough :roll: . The sound was echoing and making it seem like it was coming from my suspension.
Thanks to Jamie at WORKS for helping me out with that one on the phone.

EVO GRIM
12-23-2004, 07:37 AM
Thanks for replys guys. Mine happened immediatly after installing the coilovers. So I thought it must be them , but after checking everything time and again, I think its something else. I'm getting it aligned today so hopefuly its fixed.

EVO GRIM
12-24-2004, 12:13 PM
Well I've isolated it to the strut. Must be bad. What a pain in the ass! Gonna have to put the stockers back on.

JanSolo
12-24-2004, 03:41 PM
Well I've isolated it to the strut. Must be bad. What a pain in the ass! Gonna have to put the stockers back on.

I had this exact same problem with my Zeals in the past. Bizarre clunking sounds especially when going over small bumps. Never happened again after I had them serviced by Endless.