PDA

View Full Version : CHP using lidar on 85

SilverStreak
04-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Looks like they are cracking down on hwy 85 again.

NB between Union and Saratoga ave and SB near the Camden and Union exits.

I was driving in the area this evening going approx 70-75 (with the flow of traffic). I see the CHP on the inside shoulder bust out his lidar. He ignores me completely. (WOW)

They end snagging some lady in a BMW that was going 85ish straight down the fast lane.

So far in this area, they have fit the usual CHP profile that I read about...where they are trying to nag the speeders and people driving recklessly...otherwise, they just ignore you. I was glad to see them doing their job today.

chrisw
04-21-2008, 08:13 AM
So far in this area, they have fit the usual CHP profile that I read about...where they are trying to nag the speeders and people driving recklessly...otherwise, they just ignore you. I was glad to see them doing their job today.

So it's pretty much as normal then.

SavageEvo8
04-21-2008, 08:18 AM
um, sounds like EVERYONE just needs to realize these fuckers are using lidar EVERYWHERE now. drive safe, drive smart, and be aware of your surroundings. dont speed anyways, thats all they are looking for.

also, they watch the inside lanes the most, stay in center or right lanes and your less likely to get shot with the gun...lidar has the ability to pull one car out of an entire bunch, whoever he shoots, he clocks, and he pulls over

Sfkn2
04-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the heads up, but I think everyone should just slow down a bit.

chrisw
04-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the heads up, but I think everyone should just slow down a bit.

and get out of the left lane once you have finished passing traffic to the right.

SavageEvo8
04-21-2008, 09:43 AM
yah, everyone, even city cops are using lidar now...ive been pulled over twice by a local bike cop using it, only ticketed me once though..... traffic school FTL

and to tell you the truth, its workin cuz now im a couple miles an hour under the limit, and he dont bother me anymore.... bravo pig, bravo

cloudx71
04-23-2008, 11:05 PM
I live near the 85/17 Highway, every day when i go back and forth to school I see cops using lidar. Watch out guys not worth it to speed on 85.

EV0LL
04-24-2008, 12:01 AM
Just buy a Laser jammer and you're good. Technically they are illegal, (government big brother FTL) but some of the ones I've seen are pretty discrete, he would really have to look hard at you car while you pass him to even see, and even then it would be lucky shot at best...

These must be that special patrol I keep reading about in the paper, the "fab 5" or whatever. Government fleecing of the people FTL.

Guess its a good thing that 5th gear in the IXs are geared so damm low, I really don't want to be going over 75mph anyways, hehe.

gohdunlam
04-24-2008, 12:59 AM
Just buy a Laser jammer and you're good. Technically they are illegal, (government big brother FTL) but some of the ones I've seen are pretty discrete, he would really have to look hard at you car while you pass him to even see, and even then it would be lucky shot at best...

These must be that special patrol I keep reading about in the paper, the "fab 5" or whatever. Government fleecing of the people FTL.

Guess its a good thing that 5th gear in the IXs are geared so damm low, I really don't want to be going over 75mph anyways, hehe.

forreal...3k is perferctly at 65-70mph =]

drewm
04-30-2008, 12:22 AM
I saw them today doing the SB lane a little bit north of El Camino on the 85