PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys see this edmunds Vishnu video?

DaveLC2
05-09-2008, 08:10 AM
I was just surfin and randomly found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qDfSzBN778

Dave

sprytsi
05-09-2008, 10:04 PM
It seems a little misleading, they talk about all that performance for under $1,000 but then talk about the other upgrades done to the car (lighter rims, exhaust).

Any little black box that promises 75hp is suspicious to me.

xbox4414
05-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Any little black box that promises 75hp is suspicious to me.

Sounds about right, considering Shiv has the dyno's posted on evom.net

I wanna get my Evo tunned by Shiv just I don't have the money to....yet! LOL.

DirectorSe7en
05-09-2008, 10:19 PM
I wanna get my Evo tunned by Shiv just I don't have the money to....yet!

Why not ECUtek?

I think orange wheels would be too much, as I'm getting the sideskirts painted orange soon...and I might put orange on the lip of the wheels, like the red on the Volks TA's...just to tie it all together...I'm still thinking it over...

Ahh, I didn't know all that. That is definitely better.

xbox4414
05-09-2008, 10:40 PM

Why not ECUtek?

No nor cal shops have ecutek. I asked on here and no one available, and I'm not gonna do any ECU mail orders. Plus I personally believe Shiv is the man on the west coast when to comes to tuning cars. Everyone in the BMW world knows him and even a east coast company, where some friends work, that specializes in Evo tuning and is tunning the Evo X with the ECUtek, recomends Shiv for me on the west.

sprytsi
05-10-2008, 08:37 AM

Why not ECUtek?

No nor cal shops have ecutek. I asked on here and no one available, and I'm not gonna do any ECU mail orders. Plus I personally believe Shiv is the man on the west coast when to comes to tuning cars. Everyone in the BMW world knows him and even a east coast company, where some friends work, that specializes in Evo tuning and is tunning the Evo X with the ECUtek, recomends Shiv for me on the west.

I have some friends that know Shiv and think he's a stand-up guy, but they don't use him. I personally think he tunes recklessly and pushes the limits too much on customer cars. He also does the 'mail-order' blanket tune, which I don't trust.

Shiv does go where the money is and when the Evo X scene gets local tuners, he will abandon it.

xbox4414
05-10-2008, 11:44 PM
I would never do mail order tunes but custom dyno tunes and/or street tunes. So his tunes are "reckless" but then so many companies are nagged on for being "conservative". I still might go with Shiv...with him being local I don't see support so much a problem.

sprytsi
05-11-2008, 12:59 AM
I would never do mail order tunes but custom dyno tunes and/or street tunes. So his tunes are "reckless" but then so many companies are nagged on for being "conservative". I still might go with Shiv...with him being local I don't see support so much a problem.

That's your choice and I have nothing against him personally. I use my Evo for Daily Driver duties and I want it completely reliable, that's why I chose Bryan to do my tune (I've known him for years and know he does great work).

Many of my friends swear by Shiv and thought I was crazy for going with Bryan, they even offered to hook me up and thought $350(special, his normal price is $400) for a tune was INSANE since they said Shiv could do it for $40-$100 or something.

Good luck! Post your results, I'm interested to see how the X does compared to the older ones. I really like the new engine layout but I like the styling of the 8/9 better....... 6/7 more... but they are JDM :(

xbox4414
05-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Well when might someone have ECUtek in the bay area? So far all I heard was GST would be going Cobb, but Cobb is taking there sweet ass time with the AP.

DirectorSe7en
05-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Well when might someone have ECUtek in the bay area? So far all I heard was GST would be going Cobb, but Cobb is taking there sweet ass time with the AP.

Exactly. I want GST to offer it. Otherwise I don't know anyone else who will.

xbox4414
05-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Never mind with Works having their flash out now I'm going with them.

AWDrift
05-15-2008, 09:19 PM

Exactly. I want GST to offer it. Otherwise I don't know anyone else who will.

Speedelement..EIP..Full Function..?

Lurk
05-15-2008, 09:36 PM
I know that EIP used to tune EVO's with ECUTEK. They still might. But everyone else pretty much just uses ECUFlash now, since there's no licensing fee to pay in order to use the software.

DirectorSe7en
05-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Speedelement..EIP..Full Function..?

I know, I just found out that EIP offers it. So I will go there.