PDA

View Full Version : ZOMG 47 in a 30 over in Orinda? Doesn't end how you expect.

Ben
06-02-2008, 08:33 PM
So I'm turning off of Bear Creek in Orinda to go towards the freeway today and I get pulled over by OPD. I was going a decent speed and I see the cops bust a U-turn and come after me. I knew it was over haha!

So I'm pulled over and cop asks me why he thinks I pulled him over, I told him it was 'cause of my flashy loud car. He gets irritated and says it's 'cause I was speeding. He then asks me how fast I think I was going. I just play dumb for a while and say I don't know. He gets more irritated so I told him it's somewhere at or below the speed limit. He kept grilling me so I said I was going safely with the rules of the road and flow of traffic. He tells me that he got me on radar going 47 in a 30. Then asks me again how fast I was going. I told him I must have been going around 30. He asks for license, regristration, and proof of insurance. Doh! Didn't have proof of insurance 'cause I was waiting for it in the mail.

He comes back quite a bit later with a nice ticket. He tells me he's gonna be nice and not give me a speeding ticket. Instead he gives me a fix-it ticket for my tint, no front plate, and no proof of insurance. I told him I bought the car like this and he says to take it back to the dealer because it shouldn't have this dark of tint and has to have the plate.

Doh! I gotta drill my bumper and get my tint taken off! He told me the dealer should do this shit for free since I bought the car like this. You guys know any way around the tint? I don't wanna leave the car anywhere.

Oh well how many speeding tickets is that that I've gotten out of since my last one? Hella.

Matz
06-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Segfault has a pretty trick front license plate holder that folds under, so at least you wouldn't have to drill the front of the bumper.

Ben
06-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Segfault has a pretty trick front license plate holder that folds under, so at least you wouldn't have to drill the front of the bumper.

Oh? Linkity link link please?

TougeGod7
06-02-2008, 08:45 PM
i <3 Orinda :D

btw do what i do. instead of going to bear creek go to canyon. it has very twisty roads and no cops and no traffic at night :D

Ben
06-02-2008, 08:46 PM
i <3 Orinda :D

Yeah it's got some fun roads and a Nations that closes hella early.

TougeGod7
06-02-2008, 08:47 PM
wow u posted faster than i could modify my post
lol

Ben
06-02-2008, 08:51 PM
lol

Word on the street is I'm the fastest poster on the West Coast.

TougeGod7
06-02-2008, 09:04 PM
lol

Word on the street is I'm the fastest poster on the West Coast.

lol we should give u a trophy or something lol :D

Matz
06-02-2008, 09:04 PM

Oh? Linkity link link please?

Unfortunately, DANRR05 just showed me in person on Segfault's car this weekend... try PM'ing him. I actually vaguely remember a front plate / no drilling post last week, but don't remember if it was Isaac's post or not.

awdaddict
06-02-2008, 09:05 PM
ZOMG

http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index.php/topic,29291.0.html

DirectorSe7en
06-02-2008, 09:30 PM
You guys know any way around the tint? I don't wanna leave the car anywhere.

You can just pay the fee and keep the tint on. I've done the hundreds of times I've gotten tint tickets. Ranges from $80-$200 in my experience.

earlyapex aka jack ass
06-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Just use the stickie velcro stuff to put the plate on and get it signed off.

player67
06-02-2008, 10:50 PM
^NICE

Limeyboy
06-04-2008, 10:44 PM

It looks nice.. but I do wonder what it will do at the higher end of the speedo. either that or what if it catches on something reversing.. that could be nasty. Good kit for the daily D tho!

mjstruck
06-05-2008, 12:07 AM
They didn't give Ben a speeding ticket because they knew he couldn't pay for it.

sprytsi
06-05-2008, 02:54 AM
They didn't give Ben a speeding ticket because they <b>thought he was an illegal</b>

Not sure on the tint, maybe try to find a nice cop and have him sign off on it. I doubt you can, so you may have to remove it or pay a fine.

Orinda's nice, I haven't been in a while. I'll have to go check out the roads again. I like that Nations though! Mmmm Pie

Ben
06-05-2008, 06:27 PM
They didn't give Ben a speeding ticket because they <b>thought he was an illegal</b>

Not sure on the tint, maybe try to find a nice cop and have him sign off on it. I doubt you can, so you may have to remove it or pay a fine.

Orinda's nice, I haven't been in a while. I'll have to go check out the roads again. I like that Nations though! Mmmm Pie

That Nation's closes at like 7pm.

Ben
06-05-2008, 06:28 PM
They didn't give Ben a speeding ticket because they knew he couldn't pay for it.

Word.

willitas34
06-07-2008, 03:29 AM
zip tie the plate man, then take it off :)

Ben
06-07-2008, 11:17 AM
zip tie the plate man, then take it off :)

Yeah the cop suggested that haha