PDA

View Full Version : Question about State Ref. tickets

mrjay
06-27-2008, 02:20 PM
I got pulled over for no cat a while back, and the officer issued me a fix-it ticket but its a state ref. ticket and told me to go smog it...I smogged my car and passed but I wasn't issued a certificate because of the turbo timer that came with the car when I bought it, but anyways my question is do I have to appear in court for this being a state ref. ticket? I got the letter saying a court appearance was mandatory but I thought I would be able to just have this signed off and be done with it.

thanks
jay

JDMevoBOOST
06-30-2008, 04:00 PM
wtf turbo timer doesn't do anything regarding smog....i would go slap the dumbass that smogged it

rigd1
06-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Show up on the court date, pay the fine and that should be it. I'm still waiting on my ticket in the mail. my court date is in a few weeks.

mrjay
06-30-2008, 08:28 PM
yeah I was pretty shocked myself when he told me he wouldn't issue me a certificate because of the turbo timer but yeah I don't feel like paying a fine as I'd rather pay that money towards something else...my court date is on the 17th and im wondering if its too late to have this fixed and have it signed off.

threepointsix
07-04-2008, 11:29 PM
probably cause it 'runs' your engine after you walk away and 'pollutes' CA's pristine stupid air. Then ask him why state lawn crews use 2 stroke weed-whackers instead of electric ones....dumbass roundy-round laws here make no sense

izyzero
07-07-2008, 07:47 AM
yeha i just got a state ref ticket too.. and i just got the letter in the mail saying its mandatory to go to court... lol and i have state ref my car yet.. so can i go to any smog place to get it smogged or a state ref place.. and friend of mines said to go to a state ref place while another says to go to any smog place,., this is my first state ref ticket soo iuno wat to do.. and if i bought the car with no front license plates what do i do? go to the dmv and ask for one?

mrevo8
07-07-2008, 01:16 PM
yeha i just got a state ref ticket too.. and i just got the letter in the mail saying its mandatory to go to court... lol and i have state ref my car yet.. so can i go to any smog place to get it smogged or a state ref place.. and friend of mines said to go to a state ref place while another says to go to any smog place,., this is my first state ref ticket soo iuno wat to do.. and if i bought the car with no front license plates what do i do? go to the dmv and ask for one?

you got to go to a state referee place to get it check out, then for your plate i was yelled at, literally from his car to mine to get it put on, im like i dont have a front plate its how i got it, he is all go get one or if i see you again its a fix it . i had to spend like 20 bux at dmv to get plates fucking cali is gay, so you will have to buy new plates

mrjay
07-17-2008, 02:25 PM
so, I have a "mandatory" court appearance at 5:30 today...car passed smog and all that other shit the State Refs look for, hope my fine ain't big...all this because of no cat lol

rigd1
07-17-2008, 03:12 PM
The fine should be around $300-400. Good luck!

so, I have a "mandatory" court appearance at 5:30 today...car passed smog and all that other shit the State Refs look for, hope my fine ain't big...all this because of no cat lol

mrjay
07-18-2008, 12:22 PM
yeah^ got fined $310 lol good thing I had my car checked by the state ref again to get everything else cleared

rigd1
07-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Good deal!