rexorz
02-10-2005, 10:41 PM
yes

V8KiLL3R
02-10-2005, 10:44 PM
i have the S-Tech its nice.

1stSAGE
02-24-2005, 06:25 PM
The S tech has a really nice drop but I'm afraid the spring rates aren't made for the bilsteins, what do you guys think? I'm worried about the bumpstops.

brwnrice
02-24-2005, 06:39 PM
The S tech has a really nice drop but I'm afraid the spring rates aren't made for the bilsteins, what do you guys think? I'm worried about the bumpstops.

written on the s-tech box it says "dress up master" or something of that sort. the s-techs are not made for performance rather just for appearance. you guys might want to check out works "ride" springs.

EvoVIII
02-24-2005, 07:28 PM
why don't buy urself a Honda and put some S-tech on.. get some coilover in there man, is a MR

evo_dadi
02-24-2005, 07:30 PM
why don't buy urself a Honda and put some S-tech on.. get some coilover in there man is a MR

ok doug freedom of choice now :P :lol:

EvoVIII
02-24-2005, 07:35 PM
why don't buy urself a Honda and put some S-tech on.. get some coilover in there man is a MR

ok doug freedom of choice now :P :lol:
man.. no common on this thread..

evo_dadi
02-24-2005, 07:52 PM
just messin with ya man :lol: :wink:

EvoVIII
02-24-2005, 08:29 PM
I know I know~~ but I just don't see the point of putting something that could make ur car perform worst.. for me I would blow some money to get some good alingment instead

nebolic
02-24-2005, 08:53 PM
I know I know~~ but I just don't see the point of putting something that could make ur car perform worst.. for me I would blow some money to get some good alingment instead

because a lot of us are not very rich like you bro. Every penny counts.

Nebo

:D

evo_dadi
02-24-2005, 09:05 PM
were low budget racers ;) :lol: hey stanley i see youre still looking to drop your ride huh 8)

e8
02-24-2005, 09:31 PM
were low budget racers ;) :lol: hey stanley i see youre still looking to drop your ride huh 8)

if he is a "low budget racer", just keep the car stock.

i agree with EvoVIII

if you have the money to buy the evo 8, just wait a little bit longer, save up a little bit more and buy some nice coil overs. why buy the MR, which is made performance, yet buy lowering springs which negatively affect the performance?

anyway, time get off my car fascist pedastool...

lancerboy
02-24-2005, 09:43 PM
if you have some money to burn ofcourse go for coilovers but if you have more important financial responsibilities you can settle for some springs for now.

s-techs lowers your car 2"F and 0.9"R and makes your ride really stiff. i will be getting the h-tech which lowers your car 1.3"F and 0.5"R. Tom from gruppe-s told me that the ride is less stiffer than the s-tech. i'll have them installed by next week.

1stSAGE
02-24-2005, 10:40 PM

if he is a "low budget racer", just keep the car stock.

i agree with EvoVIII

if you have the money to buy the evo 8, just wait a little bit longer, save up a little bit more and buy some nice coil overs. why buy the MR, which is made performance, yet buy lowering springs which negatively affect the performance?

anyway, time get off my car fascist pedastool...

Yeah, my quest has led me to nothing but dead ends so far.

I agree that coilovers is ultimately the ideal solution, but I can't save to save my life...I have two bank accounts and neither is a saving's account...I just suck at it...

It's like if I had any $$ left over from a paycheck I usually blow it on something stupid and generally not useful.

lancerboy
02-24-2005, 11:16 PM
oh darn! just finished reading the threads from people with lowering springs and how negatively it affected there evo's handling performance and how it prematurely wears out the cars shocks and struts :shock:

now i'm thinking of pulling out my order and just save up for CO. i don't want to sacrifice performance over looks.

leif
02-24-2005, 11:17 PM
if you pay 40k for an evo you can afford 2k for real suspension. im 200% with doug on this one.

EvoVIII
02-24-2005, 11:34 PM
if you pay 40k for an evo you can afford 2k for real suspension. im 200% with doug on this one.
I think there are 2 different group on this fourm, neither u go for apperance or you are a performance freak

MarkSAE
02-24-2005, 11:36 PM
If you're worried about your bilsteins, you can always get a set of stock KYB's from someone and use those s-techs on them.

nebolic
02-25-2005, 06:20 AM

I think thats a common misconception. I think it would be true if we were owners of M3's or Porsches.

But the Evo crowd is right at the edge of the market where you can get a high performance car for a relatively lower price.

Most people here are pretty young, especially if you're paying off your college tuition loans and having a mortgage payment. Dropping 2K for coilovers is really pushing it. :D

Nebo

evo_dadi
02-25-2005, 07:52 AM
I think there are 2 different group on this fourm, neither u go for apperance or you are a performance freak

then the performance freak gets broken down to 2 sets again ;)

evo_dadi
02-25-2005, 09:48 AM

i payed 32k otd on mine :P :lol: so you probably overpaid :wink:

MarkSAE
02-25-2005, 10:18 AM
IMO, the EVO handles really good from the factory. Just because I paid X amount for a car doesn't mean I have to spend unecessarily on it. You just have to ask yourself if the return on investment will be worth it.

Do I need adjustable ride height? Do I need adjustable shocks? I had coilovers and adjustable shocks on my GSX. I never adjust them! If you change the ride height of your car, you'll need to get realigned as toe and camber changes with ride height.

I mainly do street driving with my car, so having all that adjustability isn't really worth it to me. If I went to the the track more, then maybe I can justify the spendings. I don't know about you, but $2k is a lot of HARD EARNED money to me.

EvoVIII
02-25-2005, 11:19 AM

I think he ment 40K for the MR , not Evo8

Option2
02-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Here is a post from WORKS regarding any aftermarket springs for MR Bilsteins.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=119624&highlight=ride+springs

leif
02-28-2005, 01:37 AM

hey i paid 31 for my 04, so who overpaid now :p

i still think im rite, 40k evo deserved expensive suspension. not some shitty springs and an intake.

earlyapex
02-28-2005, 12:44 PM

i still think im rite, 40k evo deserved expensive suspension. not some shitty springs and an intake.

I payed 29k for my 05 MR, I guess that means I can get 4k coilovers now.

Sweet! :P

1stSAGE
02-28-2005, 01:48 PM

Damn, that is a great deal, 29k for an MR! You have a relative who works at a dealer or something?

EvoVIII
02-28-2005, 02:19 PM

Damn, that is a great deal, 29k for an MR! You have a relative who works at a dealer or something?
I got mine for 24k so I should put a turbo kit on eh :lol:

LEVIII
02-28-2005, 05:02 PM

24K!!!! That means you can get another one

nebolic
02-28-2005, 05:08 PM

:shock: Dayam, if you got your Evo for 24K you need to tell us where you got it so we can go there and get one for 24K too bro.

Nebo

EvoVIII
02-28-2005, 05:25 PM
lol I am just joking, where on earth could u find a Evo for 24K nor a 29K MR :lol: you should ask earlyapex where he got his 29K MR instead

earlyapex
02-28-2005, 05:43 PM
lol I am just joking, where on earth could u find a Evo for 24K nor a 29K MR :lol: you should ask earlyapex where he got his 29K MR instead

On a caddy/chevy used car lot. I actually got it for 28.9k before taxes and other things. 31k OTD.

It had 800miles. At first I was concerned that it could have been abused but nothing was broken in yet, tires still had nubs and the rotors were still glass. Previous owner had a new vette on order, was sick of waiting for it, MR was the next car on his list, bought that, vette came in weeks later, he traded in the MR for the vette, probably got raped on the trade. His loss, my gain. He had money to burn I guess.

I wasn't even planning on getting a MR, just a normal EVO, but I couldn't pass this up. It was listed for one day before I snatched it up. There where two people looking at the car while I was signing the papers. The dealer didn't really know what they had. The finance guy asked me how much the car was new while I was signing the papers since it sounded like I was getting a good deal, I told him, his mouth dropped, I signed on the dotted line and asked for my keys, TIA!