PDA

View Full Version : got pulled over....AGAIN

mrjay
07-21-2008, 02:32 PM
got pulled over again for a modified exhaust (GReddy Ti-C) near In-n-Out in Daly City. The cop was at the light waiting to turn left and I pulled up to the stop light waiting to go straight..I told my brother "watch, this cop is going to pull me over for something" and what do you know, he switches lanes over to mine and when the light turned green right away he flashed his lights...he told me my exhaust "was way too loud" bleh. So I showed him all the paperwork I had from when I got pulled over before that the exhaust was noise compliant under CA laws and he told me.."yes but under CA laws your not allowed to have anything modified on the vehicle." So now im stuck with another ticket, do I just go up to a cop, show him my paperwork from before? or what? shits ridiculous...

DirectorSe7en
07-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Sorry to hear. This is fucking stupid. Their so much more concerned with this instead of real crimes.

Oh well. So what are you gonna do? Keep it, or go with something more stealty or quieter.

wilson1
07-21-2008, 02:52 PM
wow, not good!
go with quieter exhaust will be a good option.

mrjay
07-21-2008, 02:59 PM
bleh, anybody got a NOIR FS? lol ...I thought its fine to have a modified exhaust as long as its under the db limit?

Sfkn2
07-21-2008, 03:04 PM
It's illegal to modify the exhaust, but it isn't illegal to change it out as a replacement. ;)

As long as the GReddy TI-C is under 95dbz, it should be fine under CA laws.

I got out of a fix-it for that.

awdaddict
07-21-2008, 03:06 PM
bleh, anybody got a NOIR FS? lol ...I thought its fine to have a modified exhaust as long as its under the db limit?

Read the CVC code that he issue you on the ticket.
What he told you is actually on the CVC code.
But what you have on paper makes it legal too.
Sometimes I feel these bastards just want to make ppl life miserable or make that extra $ for the govt for writing fix-it.
$15 correction fee for whatever they suspect as a violation.. bah.
You should see if you can file in a complaint as well, because you showed him your paper already. *shrugs*

loquito_8302
07-21-2008, 03:07 PM
its ok to have anything under the db limit and there is no law that stopps you from modifying your exhaust. is just the way each cop aka pig interprets the law... the get to much power and they always like to be right. i got pulled over once for the same thing. i only put the silencer back on and got it signed off by a chp in redwood city and it was done... dont you have the silencer?

fiaevo.com
07-21-2008, 03:10 PM
http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index.php/topic,31283.0.html

DC will never change. Just waisting people's time, you should see if you can complaint, check out the one above, barrier coated these look very stock.

Positron
07-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Sending ppl to the REF is a back pocket option that the cops can use. Because it looks modified to them, they will let the REF deal with it. Ref is the higher authority on car emmisions.

mrjay
07-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Sending ppl to the REF is a back pocket option that the cops can use. Because it looks modified to them, they will let the REF deal with it. Ref is the higher authority on car emmisions.

yes and he cleared me, and told me everything was ok and passed even the modified exhaust as long it was under the db limit ..when I showed him the papers this stupid cop was speechless and told me "well uhhmm you can take it down to the station and have a cop look at the papers" ..I was like wtf??

its ok to have anything under the db limit and there is no law that stopps you from modifying your exhaust. is just the way each cop aka pig interprets the law... the get to much power and they always like to be right. i got pulled over once for the same thing. i only put the silencer back on and got it signed off by a chp in redwood city and it was done... dont you have the silencer?

yeah bro, I do have the silencer but whats the point of putting it on when my Ti-C was at 92.5 db :\

http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index.php/topic,31283.0.html

DC will never change. Just waisting people's time, you should see if you can complaint, check out the one above, barrier coated these look very stock.

I probably will complain lol..and thanks for the input but I cant really afford another exhaust right now bleh

loquito_8302
07-21-2008, 03:53 PM
sorry to hear that then bro. i guess you were just stopped by a cop that was either pissed off or dont know shit, most likely both. Either way I hope that everything turns out for you.... by the way do you have an O2, Downpipe and the ti-c and it gave you 92.5db? or what piping do you have?

awdaddict
07-21-2008, 04:08 PM
The DCPD station is right by DMV right?

rigd1
07-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Damn! That sux.

He actually should've honored the ref certificate proving the decibel level on the exhaust. He's probably never seen one before, so just take it to another cop and have them sign it off.

BTW...Noir exhaust don't help. That's what I have when I got popped. :lol:

mrjay
07-21-2008, 04:58 PM
sorry to hear that then bro. i guess you were just stopped by a cop that was either pissed off or dont know shit, most likely both. Either way I hope that everything turns out for you.... by the way do you have an O2, Downpipe and the ti-c and it gave you 92.5db? or what piping do you have?

stock DP, stock cat, just a catback lol ..gave me a 92.5 db reading ..prolly gonna go down to the station tomorrow and have em sign this shit off.

The DCPD station is right by DMV right?

yep thats the one

redrider7
07-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Sorry to hear that. I too and another evo from the SL meet got tix again as well this past saturday. Anyway, i seriously think we need to figure out an exhaust that won't attract the popo's without affecting power from mods. Time to check in with SE.

It's proven evo's and subie's are marked by the chp's.

rigd1
07-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Sorry to hear that. I too and another evo from the SL meet got tix again as well this past saturday. Anyway, i seriously think we need to figure out an exhaust that won't attract the popo's without affecting power from mods. Time to check in with SE.

It's proven evo's and subie's are marked by the chp's.

I thought of the same thing. Noir muffler with 1-2, 3inch diameter resonators, rally cat with a true 3 inch downpipe.....all painted black. Maybe even a 3inch diameter muffler with a black pipe instead of a fart can tip. Just my ideas.....but the CHPs has us cornered!

dsmdeliverybo
07-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Cop's here are soo dumb, I had the Ti-c on my IX and it wasn't loud at all... Me and my friend's were on a little group car cruise the other day and one of my friend's has a m3 with straight pipe's and this thing is INSANELY loud, all of us have modified exhaust and it was me with just a HKS catback, my friend with a 05 stage 3 wrx tbe catless, another friend with a 06 stage 2 wrx tbe catless, my friend with a gti stage 2 tbe catless, and the m3 and all of us were cruising and a cop pull's him over and we all met up at a local starbucks down the street to wait for him and I guess the dude that pulled him over called a motorcycle cop who knew everything about what your supposed to have and they raped him in the ass for everything and this was his 3rd time getting pulled over that week but the first time for exhaust surprisingly. I'll post pic's of his car later, its GORGEOUS. I think they got him for exhaust, tint, head lights, expired license(a week overdue), no front license plate, no proof of insurance, no proof of registration, a indash monitor and ya...

mrjay
07-23-2008, 03:32 PM
wow all those infractions lol feel bad for the guy

PAT@FFTEC
07-23-2008, 04:56 PM
I take it that's w/o the silencer in it?

lodievo209
07-24-2008, 01:04 AM
Cop's here are soo dumb, I had the Ti-c on my IX and it wasn't loud at all... Me and my friend's were on a little group car cruise the other day and one of my friend's has a m3 with straight pipe's and this thing is INSANELY loud, all of us have modified exhaust and it was me with just a HKS catback, my friend with a 05 stage 3 wrx tbe catless, another friend with a 06 stage 2 wrx tbe catless, my friend with a gti stage 2 tbe catless, and the m3 and all of us were cruising and a cop pull's him over and we all met up at a local starbucks down the street to wait for him and I guess the dude that pulled him over called a motorcycle cop who knew everything about what your supposed to have and they raped him in the ass for everything and this was his 3rd time getting pulled over that week but the first time for exhaust surprisingly. I'll post pic's of his car later, its GORGEOUS. I think they got him for exhaust, tint, head lights, expired license(a week overdue), no front license plate, no proof of insurance, no proof of registration, a indash monitor and ya...

Never knew you couldn't have one??
Did he have a movie going on while driving or something??

rigd1
07-24-2008, 10:04 AM
From what I heard about in dash monitors....It's a distraction violation when installed in the front where the driver can see it. Any screens behind the driver is legal, as long as it doesn't mess with the driver's view. If you can prove that your in dash monitor is just a very fancy radio deck, they can dismiss it. There is a limit on how many you can have too. :lol: It's dumb.

dsmdeliverybo
07-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Ya he has movie's playing when he's driving but he doesn't pay attention to them because they're meant to go along with the music.

rigd1
07-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Ya he has movie's playing when he's driving but he doesn't pay attention to them because they're meant to go along with the music.

I see. That's all it takes to get popped for the screen. Good luck.

dsmdeliverybo
07-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Here's the m3

Coilover's, straight exhaust, carbon fiber lip, side skirts, trunk, hood, complete system with indash
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/metalmulisha250f/l_8c3e73ecc4f71d38f4b068912feb83b2.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/metalmulisha250f/l_a2d9780265fe8e17fad5b57e505c8d93.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/metalmulisha250f/l_e90943478068987d84d60f38557d846b.jpg

Here's some of the other cars that cruised

05 wrx(blue) vf34turbo, 660s, 255, cobb ap, jic coilovers, oz racing wheels, k&n intake, perrin topmount, tanabe concept g blue catless tbe, harmon motive tuned. 06wrx(black) tein coilovers, cobb ap, perrin intake, tanabe concept g blue catless tbe, work emotion 255/18 wheels, harmon motive tuned. supercharged s2k comptech superchrager @7psi, godzilla bov, comptech intercooler, invidia exhaust. the m3, and GTI custom tbe, manual boost controller, chip, intake, coilovers, oz racing wheels(copy cater) and i dont know what else@25psi
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/metalmulisha250f/l_c883322677172976b10e433888cb0323.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/metalmulisha250f/l_2d166cbff1045ef370540eb1249118ae.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/metalmulisha250f/l_3ff1e83a18c634fa9b6a8aa62fe6ff5a.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/metalmulisha250f/l_b69b34c412d7bceb09330444a14d21c3.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/metalmulisha250f/l_c7a81805680b77a8dd549e19e75b9bf1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/metalmulisha250f/l_d8c516658375be809c0d07d18124bd4f.jpg

dsmdeliverybo
07-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Be jealous... haha