PDA

View Full Version : Yokohama ES 100

warpspeed
02-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Has anybody had any thoughts on this tires? I am looking for some right now since I can't afford my Volks right now :cry: .

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?c=1&sw=false&cs=235&pc=43303&rd=17&ar=45[/img]

hagakure
02-23-2005, 09:47 AM
They absolutely suck. Absolutely. They wear great, but have absolutely no grip, predictability or control. I hate them. I have some on as everyday tires now, and will need to keep them through the summer, as I have spent all my tire money on a set of RA-1's and a set of Hoosiers for the track season. I would definitely go with the new Azenis tire. Stay clear of teh ES-100's if you intend to drive your car hard at all on the road.

Percy

warpspeed
02-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Thanks. But right now I don't really plan on tracking the car, just every day driving. How about the AVS?

Option2
02-23-2005, 10:05 AM
They absolutely suck. Absolutely. They wear great, but have absolutely no grip, predictability or control. I hate them. I have some on as everyday tires now, and will need to keep them through the summer, as I have spent all my tire money on a set of RA-1's and a set of Hoosiers for the track season. I would definitely go with the new Azenis tire. Stay clear of teh ES-100's if you intend to drive your car hard at all on the road.

Percy

Yeah I have them as well :( They REALLY do suck. It doesn't take much at all for them to loose grip. They howl like crazy at the limit. I wouldn't even use them for street driving.

warpspeed
02-23-2005, 10:13 AM
Yeah I have them as well :( They REALLY do suck. It doesn't take much at all for them to loose grip. They howl like crazy at the limit. I wouldn't even use them for street driving.

So if you had a chance to do it again, which one would you have gotten? The reason I like this was that it has pretty good treadwear.

earlyapex
02-23-2005, 11:21 AM

So if you had a chance to do it again, which one would you have gotten? The reason I like this was that it has pretty good treadwear.

Not sure exactly all you are looking for in a tire but check out these tires as well:

Khumo MX
Khumo ASX (if you care about all-season)
BFGoodrich KDW
BFGoodrich Sport

hagakure
02-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks. But right now I don't really plan on tracking the car, just every day driving. How about the AVS?

I would not even use them as a street tire again.
If I had to do it over, I would have purchased Falkens.

Percy

brwnrice
02-23-2005, 12:00 PM
i have the jdm version (yokohama dna gp) of the es 100 and from my experience they are grippier their US counter part. i used to have the es100 on my integra before and i can attest that their grip sucks!

Option2
02-23-2005, 03:10 PM

If I could do it again, I would go with the Toyo Proxes T1-S. Since I have a daily beater now, I'm throwing on a set of RA-1.

Matz
10-10-2005, 07:04 AM

Percy

Crap. I HAD to buy tires this weekend, and the only choices I really had were the Fuzions and ES100s, so I bought the ES100s. Guess I can't rely on asking the tire shop what they think is a good tire.

I haven't driven the car hard, but most likely won't as long as these tires are on it. Do you guys know of any good places to make some safe quick turns to test them out? I guess I should just try a local parking lot or something.

EVO GRIM
10-10-2005, 07:07 AM
You're shoppin at the wrong place Dave. See if you can take them back. If you want performance tires, start out with a 200 treadware or less. Those fuzions were a 320 :shock:

Matz
10-10-2005, 11:41 AM
You're shoppin at the wrong place Dave. See if you can take them back. If you want performance tires, start out with a 200 treadware or less. Those fuzions were a 320 :shock:

Any recommendations for brick and mortar tire shops, then? Maybe I'll just be sure to order KDWs online before I really need them next time. For now, I'll just live with the ES100s and we'll see how they ride. :) No track days for me for a long while!

Absinthe
10-10-2005, 12:28 PM
anopther decent cheap tyre option is the Avon m500, cheaper than the es and much better.

DnB_design
10-10-2005, 12:38 PM
I have these on my car.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR%2B