PDA

View Full Version : Blitz Induction Cover

nebolic
03-15-2005, 11:21 PM
I actually installed this bad boy last week. I was looking for an intake system that I can get (more) air without going the route of aftermarket intake and cone style filters.

Anyhow, I previously had the K$N drop in filter, I had mixed feelings about that because yes it worked great however, the oil based filters always sort of got me wondering if that oil ever gets somewhere else....

Anyhow, the blitz induction box basically removes the top of the stock airbox cover, you put in the biltz air filter piece and then a nice shiny bilng bling metal cover goes on top of it. I haven't taken pics yet cause I've been hella lazy, but the concept is like running your stock airbox without the top box on.

As far as performance goes, this bitch sucks air like a (well use your imagination here). Definetly feel the boost come a tad bit earlier and you can hear the airbox sucking in the air, kind of like a constant spooling sound of the turbo, first its the airbox then its the turbo.

I know the next question is does this stall your car? does it make your BOV flutter? does it work with your VTA?

Okay here are the answers.
Driveability is exactly the SAME as stock. I have not stalled, nor has my rpm/idle dipped. I am running VTA on my GFB and I have not stalled or gotten any problems. Absolutely no flutter on the BOV. Everything drives like stock.

In any case, if you guys are interested you can check it out at the meet.

I bought it from www.myevostore.com big thumbs up. I might consider organizing a group buy on this product.... possibly.....

Nebo

As soon as my lazy ass washes the car i'll post some pics but I dont forsee myself washing the car until friday by which then we will all be at the meet.

muhaaa
:D

onesicklambo
03-15-2005, 11:36 PM
hey nebo, i have a custom flash right now tuned to my K&n drop in, if i got this would i have to retune it to the blitZ? is it that MUCH of a noticeable diff...(k&n drop in vs litz cover??)

nebolic
03-15-2005, 11:39 PM
i talked to Chris@WORKS in regards to this. You shouldn't have to retune the car for this. You're getting more air but you're not getting so much air that it needs to be retuned, i think the ECU knows how to compensate for it. I will have to do more verification with this on the dyno, but as far as I can tell you don't need a retune. Usually if you put on a part and it needs more tuning you can sort of tell/feel.

Nebo

methods4
03-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Anyhow, I previously had the K$N drop in filter, I had mixed feelings about that because yes it worked great however, the oil based filters always sort of got me wondering if that oil ever gets somewhere else....

People have been using K&Ns forever. N/A and turbo. I have never heard of the oil on their filters causing any type of problems.

Anyhow, the blitz induction box basically removes the top of the stock airbox cover, you put in the biltz air filter piece and then a nice shiny bilng bling metal cover goes on top of it. I haven't taken pics yet cause I've been hella lazy, but the concept is like running your stock airbox without the top box on.

How is this really different from using the K&N but without the stock plastic lid?

As far as performance goes, this bitch sucks air like a (well use your imagination here). Definetly feel the boost come a tad bit earlier and you can hear the airbox sucking in the air, kind of like a constant spooling sound of the turbo, first its the airbox then its the turbo.

That's nice that it sounds louder but did you lose any bottom end torque?

I know the next question is does this stall your car? does it make your BOV flutter? does it work with your VTA?

Not really. 1. I'm not one to VTA my BOV :wink: 2. I've never heard of aftermarket intakes making our BOVs flutter or engines stall.

In any case, if you guys are interested you can check it out at the meet.

What meat? You know you're supposed to IM me or call me with this info mang. Man what do I gotta do to get some VIP status around here. :?

nebolic
03-16-2005, 08:04 AM
My bad my bad . . . theres the meet this coming saturday march 19th at force fed in livermore. :D

Yep i know I was paranoid with the oil, but if when i cleaned my filter and took out the filter, if you look at the bottom of the stock airbox, you can see some oil residue there, I always wondered if that will affect anything.

And nope this is no different than running a K&N without the top box. Except that this system secures the filter so it doesnt fly everywhere, you ca possibly do this with the K&N filter, but you will have to rig it yourself if you decide to run it without the top box.

Aftermarket intakes and BOV's on the Evo tend to make it run like crap, or so I've seen. Without proper tuning I've seen Evo's stall with aftermarket intake and VTA.

Nope I haven't lost any low end, but I can't really tell because I'm running a 2.75 inch pipings so I dont think its affecting my low end torque that much but i'm running cams so yep its hard to tell.

Nebo

chris
03-16-2005, 08:07 AM
i was thinking about purchasing it =P do a group buy!

SouthernCrane
03-16-2005, 08:12 AM
Looks pretty good Nebo. 8) I want to take a look at that in person next weekend.

nebolic
03-16-2005, 08:12 AM
i will attempt one in a few days if enough people are interested. Also, might be a good ide for you guys to check it out first hand before you make any decisions :D

Nebo

EvoVIII
03-16-2005, 09:11 AM
but once the weather got hotter, will it suck all the soking engine heat into the intake?

nebolic
03-16-2005, 09:27 AM
i'm not too sure on that one, I still have the snorkel ram air piece in place. And i would assume that the temp of air being sucked in shouldn't be that different.

Nebo

warpspeed
03-16-2005, 10:32 AM
You guys remember the picture of my RMR intake pipe I posted with oil inside of it? At first I thought it was residue(blow-by) coming from the valve cover hose that goes into the pipe because there were oil near the turbo inlet. But taking a closer look, there was also oil before the inlet pipe closer to the air box which tells me the oil came from somehere else, which I concluded from my K&N drop in. I think it only happens when you put the brand new K&N in. For some reason or another, the factory put extra oil in it and that extra oil got sucked down the pipe. Right now after a couple of thousand miles I rechecked my intake pipe and it's clean. :D

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3580&highlight=oil+catch

03-16-2005, 10:49 AM
i also have that set up, but i use k&n drop in, take the top box off, hld it down ghetto style stringing, and epen up the vent too when it hot out side. bt when it rain i put the top box back on or the vent to prevent water getting in, it sound great, the spooling really can be heard loud and clear even with my mr bov. if u have aftermarket bov damn that thing will be loud as hell.

vtluu
03-16-2005, 10:52 AM
I'm gonna try to see if I can buy a used stock airbox (or just airbox cover/lid) off someone (hey Eddy, you have a spare one now, right? ;)), cut out the top and put a protective wire mesh over it; should achieve the same effect as the induction cover, for much cheaper.

thomas
03-16-2005, 05:45 PM
but once the weather got hotter, will it suck all the soking engine heat into the intake?

dont think it would make a big difference. thats why we have an intercooler to bring the temp down b4 it goes into the engine...

MarkSAE
03-16-2005, 06:51 PM
What meat? You know you're supposed to IM me or call me with this info mang. Man what do I gotta do to get some VIP status around here. :?

You going to the meat bi0tch??

methods4
03-17-2005, 10:44 AM

You going to the meat bi0tch??

I may have to go. I haven't been to any Evo meatings in a looong time. This just means I have to put off installing my shiet until later this week. :x You're going right, Mark?

EvoKach
03-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Lazy guy Methods just doesn't want to wash his car.....or have me blow by him on the freeway :P

MarkSAE
03-17-2005, 01:08 PM
I may have to go. I haven't been to any Evo meatings in a looong time. This just means I have to put off installing my shiet until later this week. :x You're going right, Mark?

Yeah, I'll be going to the meat. What are you installing?

methods4
03-18-2005, 10:53 AM

Yeah, I'll be going to the meat. What are you installing?

I got my rear swaybar in last night, so I at least got partway done. I still need to install SS brake lines, brake ducting and my Profec-B. Gotta get this stuff done before the track event on the 30th.

methods4
03-18-2005, 10:54 AM
Lazy guy Methods just doesn't want to wash his car.....or have me blow by him on the freeway :P

You're goddamn right on both accounts! I haven't washed my car since like last year and I drive like a granny on the street. 8)

MR Bye-Bye
05-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Any pics of the cover?
RAW

MR Bye-Bye
05-19-2005, 10:36 PM
No one has pis of this installed?
RAW

egui42
05-20-2005, 11:21 AM
No one has pis of this installed?
RAW

If your are talking about the biltz induction cover here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/jrsevo/blitz_induction_cover3.jpg

JanSolo
05-20-2005, 03:08 PM
You're goddamn right on both accounts! I haven't washed my car since like last year

That adds weight to your car, FYI. All that dirt could lower trap speeds and depending on where it is on your car, could hurt exit speeds on corners.

I hurt because I care.

MR Bye-Bye
05-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the pic!
RAW

methods4
05-22-2005, 03:27 AM
You're goddamn right on both accounts! I haven't washed my car since like last year

That adds weight to your car, FYI. All that dirt could lower trap speeds and depending on where it is on your car, could hurt exit speeds on corners.

I hurt because I care.

Man I just found out about the dirt hurting my performance a few months ago. I learnted that when I picked up GT4. It is basically the bible for anything car related. Changing oil adds horsepower too. :shock:

I'm glad you care! http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/hay.gif

Boostd4
05-23-2005, 06:57 AM
I'm wondering if this would have the same effect as a cone intake in terms of creating inconsistent A/F ratios?