PDA

View Full Version : Buddyclub coilovers

rexorz
03-21-2005, 01:26 AM
has anybody tested these out at all? how do they compare to the JIC FLTA2's?

e8
03-21-2005, 01:32 AM
from my non-experience and non-expert opinion, buddy clubs are better than the JIC's. i only make this basis upon the reviews i have heard in the past.

brwnrice
03-21-2005, 08:51 AM
RRE is selling custom buddy club coilovers and from what i gather from socalevo is that it is better than the JIC's.

MarkSAE
03-21-2005, 09:38 AM
RRE's gonna be selling a set of "Muellerized" Buddy Clubs in a few weeks. They're supposed to perform like the JICs at the track, but act much more civilized on the street. I'm seriously thinking about getting them. I'm just waiting for them to get back to me on pricing.

GokuSSJ4
03-21-2005, 12:39 PM
RRE is selling custom buddy club coilovers and from what i gather from socalevo is that it is better than the JIC's.

The best person IMO to answer this type of question is Robi, since he has tested both set up on the street and track. From what i gather last time the buddy clubs didn't perform quiet as the JIC's (i might be wrong tho) very closed but not as well. Now he has DMS coil overs which is a different story

MarkSAE
03-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Robi's exact words from this thread:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=126283&highlight=buddy+club+coilovers

I have we helped them develop them through 2 spring configurations I stopped working on this project with RRE/John Mueller last October but I think he was still testing / running them...(they were on Kent Jordens car that was destroyed at WSIR)...You would need to talk to him on this though. Last version I ran 98% track performance of the JIC but MUCH more civilized on the street.. For this price a bargain

AND

The shock body can also be adjusted for ride height. This is to keep the shock as centered in the suspension travel as posible to try and prevent unneeded topping and bottoming out with different ride heights. And yes these were the coilovers RRE and I were developing for our USDM evos I used them on my car from the SCC USCC to 1 Oct. of last year. We finally got the track performance (needed a spring change) very close to the JIC's and the regular driving was always better (imho) YMMV...The sets that are now being brought in "should" be improved from all the testing we did. and Mueller was testing the next gen the last I knew. But things may have changed.

dohcvtec
03-22-2005, 09:39 PM
I was just going to post asking about these, I'm very interested in them. Their specs look pretty good on paper.