PDA

View Full Version : San Jose Grant Ranch Meet

knghtryde
02-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Here we go guys, here's the information for the Grant Ranch Meet that I'm organizing. The first one, I threw for Zilvia, didn't have a huge turn out but I think it went well and I think we can make this one go a lot smoother.

Sunday, February 15, 2004, at 12:00 p.m. (noon).

Address: 3457 McKee Road, San Jose, California 95127

We will meet up in the parking lot at 12:00 p.m. There is an 8 Mile drive to the park. The drive is all turns so it does get pretty fun.

The first group of people will be leaving the parking lot at 12:15. The second group at 12:30. The groups will be no larger than 15 cars at a time. And we will shorten the time in between depending how many people show up. We want to have everyone at the park by 1:00 p.m.

It would be kewl if people could bring stuff, like drinks, meet, buns, chips, or other stuff for the BBQ. If you don't wanna bring stuff, help will be greatly appreciated. Also, there might be a parking fee of $2. There wasn't last time and I will go on Sunday and find out if there is going to be a fee this time, so that way you won't be suprised, but $2 bucks isn't anything.

Other than that guys. Lets do this and lets get a great turn out for this one.

Just making sure everyone knows and caught it. There is a parking fee of $2 dollars. Sometimes they charge and sometimes they don't so just make sure to bring it just in case.

Also, if anyone can bring some food anything drinks, burger buns, or what ever that's kewl also.

It starts at noon and the BBQ ends at Sundown, and the touge begins.

vtluu
02-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Thanks David, I don't have anything planned for Sunday so I hope to see y'all out there! :driving:

BluEvo
02-10-2004, 12:07 PM
seems like fun, might check it out....

knghtryde
02-11-2004, 09:36 AM
I hope more of the Evo guys are going to show up... I'm going to invite the Subaru guys also, I've already invited the RX7s, Zilvia, the AE86s, and some other nissans... I've also invited the guys from AutoRND...

blitzkrgCT9A
02-11-2004, 09:53 AM
I will try to make it to this one. Sounds like fun! :)

Knghtryde, if you don't have anything planned this Friday, come to D&B at Great Mall to promote your meet as well. A lot of car enthusiasts, i.e I-Club and some of us will be there for the Redbull promotions. :)

knghtryde
02-11-2004, 12:53 PM
I'm going to be reinstalling the turbo on My KA friday and Saturday so I won't have a car to go out there in.

brwnrice
02-11-2004, 09:59 PM
hmmm....this drive seem tempting...i might go

brwnrice
02-11-2004, 10:04 PM
can the honda guys participate in this drive too? couple of my friends drive an ep3. if you want we can put them at the end of the pack so that they wont slow us down :oops:

JanSolo
02-12-2004, 12:07 AM
The wife, myself and friends will be there.

howiEVO8
02-12-2004, 01:02 AM
ooooh sunday...i actually might be able to make it!

knghtryde
02-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Families are more than welcome. My wife and Son will be there. So there will be kids present. Its a big park and a great time for us car guys to be able to enjoy a good meet where we can include our familes.

Hondas Welcome as well.

BluEvo
02-12-2004, 02:18 PM

We will meet up in the parking lot at 12:00 p.m. There is an 8 Mile drive to the park. The drive is all turns so it does get pretty fun.

I know this a parking lot, but to what: a shopping center, restaurant? so we know what to look for (besides the all the dope rides that will be flossin around there. thanks

knghtryde
02-12-2004, 02:26 PM
We are meeting in the parking lot at 12:00 noon just to wait for people. Every 15 minutes after that people will be heading out in groups towards the Park. The Meet is actually a BBQ at Grant Ranch. Grant Ranch is a Park in the East Hills, in the Center of the East Hills. So yeah, that's what the meet is. THE PARKING LOT IS NOT THE MEET it's just the place for everyone to meet up so we can take the drive through the Hill together to the Meet, where my wife, son, and cousins will be setting up the BBQ.

knghtryde
02-12-2004, 02:30 PM
I just read my previous post. I guess the Parking Lot is the inital Meet then we will be moving the meet to Grant Ranch Park, where I have reserved an area called "Rose Garden" It has spaces for 150+ cars. Nice Picnic Area, and a great place to throw some ball or what ever.

Familes are welcome, kids included.

vtluu
02-12-2004, 03:13 PM

I know this a parking lot, but to what: a shopping center, restaurant? so we know what to look for (besides the all the dope rides that will be flossin around there. thanks
According to my map (which may or may not be correct!) it's the "Country Club Villa Shopping Center" which features (amongst other things) a Bank of America.

knghtryde
02-12-2004, 03:37 PM
You know what... I wasn't paying attention to the quesitons... Sorry guys...

The parking lot is a Savemart Supermarket, Longs Drugs, and Jack in the Box...

Thats what in the shopping center....

If you are coming from the freeway it will be on your left hand side

Mrs. Solo
02-14-2004, 01:29 AM
FYI in regards to the weather forcast for Sunday Feb 15th:

- Morning showers
- Cloudy throughout the day, 62 degrees F is the high ( and that's around 3:00 in the afternoon)

JanSolo
02-14-2004, 01:57 AM
http://www.jansolo.org/images/misc/grantranch.jpg

http://www.jansolo.org/images/misc/grantranch2.jpg

brwnrice
02-15-2004, 12:33 AM
so, whos going to this meet?

howiEVO8
02-15-2004, 12:57 AM
k, looks like i should be able to make this!! but i dont know how long i can stay cuz i got a meeting with the electrician...bah

GReddy_917
02-15-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm thinking of going...but only if theres others too.

so, whos going to this meet?

vtluu
02-15-2004, 11:16 AM
I'm going.

JanSolo
02-15-2004, 11:38 AM
The wife and I will be there.

GReddy_917
02-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Ill be there too. :)

brwnrice
02-15-2004, 12:20 PM
i will be there

JanSolo
02-15-2004, 09:45 PM
That was not as fun as I had hoped it would be. The drive up and down the mountain was pretty sweet, but it was just too cold for a BBQ - which, by the way, took a bit too long to get started.

The only good thing about the meet was the great picture I took.

That horse pic was probably inappropriate. ;)

brwnrice
02-16-2004, 01:21 AM
:shock:

vtluu
02-16-2004, 01:27 AM
:lol: Now that's what I call horsepower! :lol:

I stuck around for a while, did the bbq thing--ended up doing most of the grilling too since most people were like, "Ooh, I've got smoke in my eyes!" Wimps. :P

Anyway I guess things petered out and then we saw a bunch of fire trucks and emergency vehicles headed up the hill, looked like someone had crunched their car up on the hills though we didn't know if that was the case. :shock: Anyway I don't know if that was a distraction or kinda sucked the fun out of things 'cuz things just died out right after that.

Thanks for coming out anyways and thanks to organizers--whoever they may be.

brwnrice
02-16-2004, 10:41 AM
saw a post on zilvia.net about someone ran their car off the cliff by doing some drifto manuevers. hope that person was okay though. they should just stick to watching initial d or they should go to one of those indoor go-kart facilities and learn the basics of car control in a controled environment.

evo_dadi
02-16-2004, 10:45 AM
wow!! i guess the meet got them too excited,definitely should do more driver training but hope the guys ok also.

GReddy_917
02-16-2004, 03:33 PM
I dont think Ill be going back up there again....Due to the fact of the local Sheriffs being serious a-holes. Both Howie and I got stopped on the way out to be questioned about where our front plates were and if our windows were tinted. :pissed: wtf my windows are clear...lol. Damn the man!! :offrant:

Mrs. Solo
02-17-2004, 11:24 AM
Man, I hope whom ever is ok.. Did anyone find out for sure if it was someone from the meet that went over the cliff? I'm going to have to agree with brwnrice in regards to the indoor go-kart racing.. People should use that place or the track to do there "drifting" and "street racing" or else people just get hurt. It's even worse when innocent people end up getting involved.
:(

halz
02-17-2004, 07:48 PM
Takumi passed me over double yellow on the drive down.. :(

I'm still hurting from SpeedRing; why does 'fun' have to hurt so much?

evo_dadi
02-17-2004, 08:33 PM
that means you really enjoyed it :) oh and by the way nakazato was the one who called the cops since he scraped his car on the guardrail ;)

brwnrice
02-17-2004, 10:04 PM

damn, your still hurting alex? sorry bro but i had nowhere to go :roll: surprisingly, i am not hurting even though i almost catapulted off of my seat. it's all S13chica's fault anyways! 8) j/k

halz
02-17-2004, 10:58 PM

damn, your still hurting alex? sorry bro but i had nowhere to go :roll: surprisingly, i am not hurting even though i almost catapulted off of my seat. it's all S13chica's fault anyways! 8) j/k

No no.. the run-ins feel like they were the least of my problems; if anything, they were good, because it got me to 'relax' from bracing myself across that 4" too wide-seat!!
Most everything on my left side is sore.. my leg, my hip, and my ribs. Its kinda pathetic, actually :oops:
Feeling better with each passing hour of in-activity, though :cool:

brwnrice
02-17-2004, 11:32 PM
wheeeww!!

so, you goin to speedring tomorrow?

vtluu
02-18-2004, 12:31 AM
Re: the firetrucks and all, said TodaAE86 on Zilvia.net:

If you guys wanna know about the fire trucks, they were going up the hill because of a small cabin fire.
So no, looks like nobody cliffed their car Saturday. But maybe someone drove their S13 into the cabin, causing the fire? :lol:

knghtryde
02-18-2004, 10:31 AM
Actually I spoke with the Sheriff. Someone did drive their car off the cliff but it was a BMW 330. Apparently someone saw the BMW and a Subaru driving really fast past their house before it happened. Seeing how there where no BMWs at the meet I know it wasn't one of the guys from the meet.

The Ranger told me that there where 3 incidents up on the hill. The Cabin fire, the car fliping, and an SUV who hit a tree up past the observatorium.

vtluu
02-18-2004, 10:35 AM
Ah. On my way back I saw a BMW being towed--that must have been it.