PDA

View Full Version : Mobile NCE

DJMic0
12-10-2008, 02:54 PM
I am pretty sure that your main concern are on the actual page but I am posting to let you know about my experience with the new Mobile NCE.

I'm pretty sure you guys haven't even started looking at it. It load a full version I believe. Very laggy and hard to search because it seems clustered. I have to scroll down for minutes to see what I am looking for and sometimes I even miss it. The old mobile NCE was perfect. VERY simple yet it lets you have access to fast info/threads you need.

Thats all but keep up the good work fellas.

Mike

wilson1
12-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I didn't know we have a mobile NCE.....

but it sure would be nice to have one on the iphone....:D

SavageEvo8
12-10-2008, 03:02 PM
no kidding... isnt mobile the same as regular, just on a phone browser???

DJMic0
12-10-2008, 03:03 PM
well, that is what i think it is. The last time I logged in in my crackberry, everything was simple and easy to look at. Now it has a bunch of images I don't really need.

admin
12-10-2008, 05:21 PM
I didn't know we have a mobile NCE.....

but it sure would be nice to have one on the iphone....:D

We don't, at least not officially. We are still working on it.

http://mobile.norcalevo.net

Works OK on mobile browers like IE and some WAP browsers. However, if you have a browser that can view desktop websites like Opera and Safari it still zooms out the page. We are working on fixing that.

Just out of curiosity, which mobile website were you using before? I was not aware of one.

admin
12-10-2008, 05:21 PM
well, that is what i think it is. The last time I logged in in my crackberry, everything was simple and easy to look at. Now it has a bunch of images I don't really need.

Try http://mobile.norcalevo.net

wilson1
12-10-2008, 05:40 PM
We don't, at least not officially. We are still working on it.

http://mobile.norcalevo.net

Works OK on mobile browers like IE and some WAP browsers. However, if you have a browser that can view desktop websites like Opera and Safari it still zooms out the page. We are working on fixing that.

Just out of curiosity, which mobile website were you using before? I was not aware of one.

I have not been able to get on to NCE, cannot open the page on the iphone.......

sprytsi
12-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Posted from my iPhone.

I did the site registration on my phone as well.

lqdchkn
12-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Regular page looks fine and works the same as the desktop version for me on Opera Mini. Maybe your browser sucks????

DJMic0
12-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Try http://mobile.norcalevo.net

That was the version I've seen prior to the update. But with my crackberry, I used www.NorCalEvo.net and it got there . What I saw when I logged on the other day was basically the full version of this update. Now, just tried mobile.norcalevo.net and I can't get in. It says

"HTTP ERROR 502: Bad Gateway. The gateway received an invalid response from the server when attempting to fulfill your request. Please try loading a different page. Contact your service provider if this problem persists."

Thanks
Mike

YankInCali
12-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Worked for me on the iPhone when selected Mobile Skin instead of the regular Skin under CP/Preferences, but now I can't switch it back to the Regular skin.

Any ideas how to switch it back to NCE?
Posted from my mobile device

Positron
12-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Worked for me on the iPhone when selected Mobile Skin instead of the regular Skin under CP/Preferences, but now I can't switch it back to the Regular skin.

Any ideas how to switch it back to NCE?

+1, im stuck on Mobile skin. Theres no option to switch back.

Sfkn2
12-14-2008, 11:31 PM
I switched it back by logging onto the site with the computer and chose to set the skin again.

earlyapex aka jack ass
12-14-2008, 11:44 PM
mobile.norcalevo.net doesn't work anymore on my phone. haha

I love how more things broke then where fixed in this change over to the new software...

YankInCali
12-15-2008, 12:02 AM
I switched it back by logging onto the site with the computer and chose to set the skin again.

I tried that too. Doesn't work with the desktop, laptop or iPhone. GRRRR!!!

Sfkn2
12-15-2008, 08:24 AM
You have to go into that forum faq thing and search for skin. It'll show that your only option is mobile, but when you click save, it'll revert as long as you're on the desktop.

For future reference, use Mini*Opera when you're viewing NCE on your phone. It's not heavy on ram usage and it loads fast since it compresses the data before you retrieve it.

Positron
12-15-2008, 11:02 AM
You have to go into that forum faq thing and search for skin. It'll show that your only option is mobile, but when you click save, it'll revert as long as you're on the desktop.

Cool it worked on my desktop computer. I did go into FAQ and clicked on "General Forum Usage". Then click save changes and it will go back to regular skin mode.

steevo8
12-15-2008, 11:30 AM
ok I know it's ot but I just logged into evom and it's now mobile and sux bawlz. Any idea how to get the normal site?

dohcvtec
12-15-2008, 11:58 AM
That was the version I've seen prior to the update. But with my crackberry, I used www.NorCalEvo.net (http://www.NorCalEvo.net) and it got there . What I saw when I logged on the other day was basically the full version of this update.

Thanks
Mike
I noticed the same thing on my black berry. Previously it was like a text only version of the forum and very easy to view in blackberry's crap browser.

YankInCali
12-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Cool it worked on my desktop computer. I did go into FAQ and clicked on "General Forum Usage". Then click save changes and it will go back to regular skin mode.

It worked for me too! Thx dude! Lookin' at the mobile version was getting soooo annoying!

admin
12-16-2008, 05:02 PM
OK, the theme issue has been fixed. If the system detects "mobile.norcalevo.net" as the URL it will show to the mobile theme. If it sees "www.norcalevo.net (http://www.norcalevo.net)" it will show the desktop theme.