PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! P1235 Code on Evo X

MRbrian
12-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Anyone else in here having problem with this code? If so, how did you guys fix it? Only happens when on when I go WOT, it triggers the SES light on then the car goes on limp mode, no power at all.

I think it has something to do with the MAF sensors, is this means my MAF sensors are going bad already? Any ideas? TIA

Brian

RREVOVIII
12-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Anyone else in here having problem with this code? If so, how did you guys fix it? Only happens when on when I go WOT, it triggers the SES light on then the car goes on limp mode, no power at all.

I think it has something to do with the MAF sensors, is this means my MAF sensors are going bad already? Any ideas? TIA

Brian

your tuner should be able to fix this over boosting issue of yours, have gotta hold of him yet?

MRbrian
12-24-2008, 06:18 PM
^I have an appointment with Bryan on Monday. Hope everything turns out okay.

Boostd4
12-25-2008, 11:50 PM
No big deal, I had this code popping up. Basically there is a torque limiter which must have it's limit raised. The colder weather is causing your car to make more power and thus tapping on the door of the torque limiter. Just don't beat it up too much until you have a chance to have B-man adjust the table, otherwise you'll just keep putting the car into limp mode.

MRbrian
12-26-2008, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the info.

Boostd4
12-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the info.

Not a problem...a little annoying but part of the tooooning process. :wav:

RREVOVIII
12-26-2008, 10:09 PM
P1235 = Mass airflow sensor plausibility

Heres more EVO X Diagnostic Trouble Codes
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/tech/evox-mil-dtccodes.htm

MRbrian
12-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Went to see Bryan today. He made a little adjustments and my issue was resolved. Thanks to GST and Bryan. You guys rock.

ZK
12-30-2008, 12:48 AM
I am awaiting a response... need to figure out what is wrong with my car.

ZK
01-06-2009, 09:04 PM
The car has been running worse and worse... jerking at high rpm and gave me a check engine light today. Idle is really wierd as well. I don't feel like driving my car anymore because I'm afraid something will break.

Is there a better way to reach Bryan than through PM? We've been sending messages back and forth for weeks and replies take many days in between.

Stormtrooper
01-07-2009, 07:08 AM
What engine codes are you getting phil? I had an issue with my MAF after my last track day at BW where people where kicking up a bunch of crap everywhere... A lot of people seem to running into this in evom. Was home on sunday night and tried some MAF cleaner. It seemed to help a lot... Can ran smoothly again and boosts smoothly through the gears.

Maybe you can just call GST and set an appt.

Unowned
01-07-2009, 10:46 AM
After about 3 adjustment sessions with Bryan till we were able to fix my torque limit issues.

ZK
01-07-2009, 10:58 AM
I need to make an appt. I am not happy at all with the way things are running.

I want to drive my new car, not fix it.

Unowned
01-07-2009, 11:31 AM

Either do a dyno session or ask for the Unowned's values :cheesy:

RREVOVIII
01-07-2009, 09:26 PM
i bet those people who are running their stock untuned evo, enjoy driving there cars more than you all. lol

MRbrian
01-07-2009, 10:44 PM
^^^

:icon_eek:

LOL

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-07-2009, 10:48 PM

PM from last night replied to. I have been out of town and just got back. An earlier time has opened up that should work better than the 4pm on friday we already booked together. :)

MRbrian
01-09-2009, 08:52 PM

Any update? I hope everything's ok with your car now.

Brian

RREVOVIII
01-09-2009, 09:00 PM

Brianhe's out for a drive! :D

MRbrian
01-09-2009, 09:12 PM
:icon_smile_driving:

ZK
01-11-2009, 11:51 PM

Brian

I have an appointment for Tuesday.

MRbrian
01-12-2009, 11:37 PM
I have an appointment for Tuesday.

Nice. Let us know how it turns out and g/l to you.

ZK
01-13-2009, 09:02 PM
I went to see Bryan today. At first we thought it was bad spark plugs causing a misfire. After pulling the plugs, they looked fine... so onto the dyno it went. It turned out to be a fuel cut caused by a boost spike. Bryan tuned for the spike and in the process add more torque while still maintaining stock peak boost levels. :)

I am pretty satisfied with the current tune. On the previous tune, the power delivery felt abrupt and the curves were a bit lumpy. Now it is smooth and feels linear.

Bryan was very professional and took care of my concerns.

MRbrian
01-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Nice and congrats.