PDA

View Full Version : Ref Station

blkevo
01-26-2009, 06:22 PM
any suggestions on which ref station to go to, and I have triple pillar gauges does anyone think that would be a problem since it has nothing to do with emissions?

ChuckP
01-26-2009, 06:33 PM
You will not pass with aftermarket gauges

b-ron
01-27-2009, 04:21 PM
yea i heard even with a turbo timer you will fail!!!!! im taking my speed 3 in on the 2nd so i can finally trade her in and get my evo!!!!

BlazeGT4
01-27-2009, 04:25 PM
I've never heard of a turbo timer causing you to fail.
I guess if it's an Apexi and you did a blue wire mod...

+1 on the gauges though. If you tap into your oem vacuum lines, you've technically modified your emissions. If you're replaced your oem lines, you've done the same thing.

Some REFs will be cool about it. You might want to quietly ask around. But be prepared for the worse.

uhoh_evo
01-27-2009, 04:55 PM
+1 on the gauges though. If you tap into your oem vacuum lines, you've technically modified your emissions. If you're replaced your oem lines, you've done the same thing.

but even if you "modify" emissions, isn't it still a matter of if your will pass or not?

BlazeGT4
01-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah, that was my point. If the REF decides you've modified something, you are subject to fail.

It's like anything though. If you walk in like an ass, don't expect him to cut you any favors. If you walk in and you're chill, it's better for everyone. Either way, there's not guarantee, so your best bet is to be stock.

mr.saechao
01-27-2009, 07:16 PM
yup..those are fail parts. and be sure not to have any color wiretube thingys. they can also fail you for that too. Bob the ref. at college of alameda is a pretty cool guy. i use to go to school there and chit chatted with him a lot.