PDA

View Full Version : Need stock 8 cat, airbox, and timing belt tensioner tool

XVeloX
02-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Soooo i got smog coming up, and unless any1 knows of a good hookup that will pass me on good looks (lol), looks like im gonna have to be putting EVERYTHING back to stock (fuck):icon_banghead:

so I have a stock dp and a stock cat with stripped studs and stock cams. BUT, i do need to BORROW another stock 8 cat, airbox, and timing belt tensioner tool if any1 has them. I will return all parts as soon as im smogged.

Let me know if you have a hookup or parts listed above. TIA!!!!

RREVOVIII
02-02-2009, 10:19 PM
when are you getting smog? i have a stock cat, stock Exhaust, airbox, intake pipe, stock ic pipings, stock camshafts, and stock injectors. you don't need to go all the way stock you can borrow some of these no problem, but it depends to your smog date, cause im due also this year :( ..

post your list of mods, that will help figuring out what need to stay and replaced.........

Nsin
02-03-2009, 12:02 AM
It should pass as long as stock exhaust stuff is on right? I have to smog also this month or pno. doh!!

MarkSAE
02-03-2009, 12:12 AM
The stock cat is the key to passing smog. I passed smog w/ all the mods in my sig except I took out the Sun Auto Hyperforce and I installed my stock cat. There's no need to completely demod the car when we have ECU Flash.

Evotech8
02-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Did you guys have to do any ecu re-tune after 'de-modding' back to stock parts?
Or is simple as slapping on the stock intake/cat/exhaust to pass the sniffer.

RREVOVIII
02-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Did you guys have to do any ecu re-tune after 'de-modding' back to stock parts?
Or is simple as slapping on the stock intake/cat/exhaust to pass the sniffer.
if its just for the Stock Exhaust & Intake you dont need to. but swapping injectors back to stock then yes! you need a retune.....