PDA

View Full Version : State ref ticket

blkevo
02-05-2009, 08:37 PM
I just got my state referee ticket bill int he mail today and it says that the amount due with correction is $486, isnt it only like 50 bucks that you have to pay at the stae referee. I don't know what the hell is goin on need some input.
-Thanks

RREVOVIII
02-05-2009, 11:28 PM
wow! thats alot.... i didn't pay anything on mine when i was sent to the ref last year for a modified exhaust, but yours could be more than just a modified exhaust. Is a Smog required on yours?

blkevo
02-06-2009, 01:04 AM
i think so, its for modified emissions

uhoh_evo
02-06-2009, 01:52 AM
Damn... That's pricey! IIRC the ticket will be big just like other fix-it tickets. But, I think all my sister and cousin had to pay was for the ref to actually do the job and since they passed the larger fee was either dropped er lowered greatly to the price of about $25. Like a processing fee.

I'll see if I can get a hold of them and clarify

evoboy05
02-06-2009, 02:00 AM
I got one and paid 260. Just pay the fine, if you get it reffed and it doesnt past they put you in the system and you will have to go to a state ref all the time after. unless you can fix the proble easily and then get it signed off.

uhoh_evo
02-06-2009, 07:43 AM
I remember hearing a lot of people doing that, but doesn't the penalty increase if you end up as a repeat offender getting another state ref ticket?

izyzero
02-06-2009, 08:53 AM
i got a state ref earlier last year and another one last month.. but the 486 is the fine for modifying the smog emmissions i believe.. state reffing ur car is a waste a time cuz even if it does passes you would still have to pay the fine.. i dunno about anyone else but this is what happened to me..

MRvengeance
02-06-2009, 10:58 AM
the state is running out of money and they'd be more than happy to charge you that much.

DeaDenD
02-06-2009, 11:11 AM
^ +1

lol. my thoughts exactly!

MeeH LuCky IX
02-06-2009, 04:53 PM
I got a state ref ticket last summer leaving from Sac Raceway now I vow to never drive the Evo there again didn't knoe the court house and PD deparment are so close to the track cost me $425 for the ticket. But the good thing on your ticket is you got a fine or bail dollar ammount in the mail when I got my letter it said mandatory appearence with no bail amount which was a complete waste of time going all the way back to Sac just to see the judge. I basically just showed up and the judge issued me a fine and I paid for it. If you got a bail through the mail you might as well just pay for it and be done with it without having to bring your car to the ref. Believe me the state/county you where caught in just wants your money they could care less if your car is smog legal or not.