PDA

View Full Version : Can i pass smog? Evo VIII, works dp,ip,ab,hfc,p2 chip

Susp3nc3
02-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Like the title says i have a works downpipe, intermediate pipe, axle back, high flow cat, works p2 chip and thats it...

I have all the stock exhaust pieces. Do i need to put the HFC back on? Anyone know? Any info would help greatly. I have until mid april to do it.

Thanks

blkevo
02-26-2009, 07:09 PM
sorry about the ref man, they take a quick look to check ur cat so make sure your hfc looks stock if not swap it out for the stock cat. Make sure your map is stock they plug ur car in and see if you have stock specs. Other than that your other parts should be good as long as they look stock(not bright and shiny with aftermarket manufacturers name on it) Also make sure your engine bay is stock they failed me for my 750cc injectors and a t-line to the fuel regulator.
-Hope this helps

Matz
02-28-2009, 01:32 AM
I didn't see your OP say anything about going to the state ref, just smog. FYI, I passed smog but I had the stock cat and exhaust on, but I did have my WORKS ceramic coated DP on there, and they didn't give me any problems. I did have some issues with the UICP but got around that question somehow. You might even be okay with the cat, but you probably want to rotate the HFC so that the "offroad use only" label they have on it is facing up... maybe. They don't put your car up on the lift to inspect it so you might be okay.